[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4838: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4840: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4841: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4842: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Disciple Message Board - View topic - VERSES BEHIND THE SONG: ANGELS AND DEMONS
Join Disciple's weekly discussion of the Bible as we share our thoughts, questions, and insights with each other.

Moderator: Bouncers

ECCENTRICSHEEP

VERSES BEHIND THE SONG: ANGELS AND DEMONS

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:03 am

For a while we are going to study the verses behind Disciple songs! Each week one song will be chosen, and we will take a closer look at the verses listed in the liner notes with that song.

Please focus your studies on the verses and let the lyrics contribute to your thoughts after a study of the verses. We aren't here to study Disciple lyrics, we are here to study the word of God.

This week we are studying the verses behind the song "Angels and Demons."
With hammer in hand, I began to pull out every nail. Every board I placed beside me on the damp ground. After many years of pouring everything I could into avoiding that way, I found myself walking there once again.

eccentricsheepie.wordpress.com
ECCENTRICSHEEP

Re: VERSES BEHIND THE SONG: ANGELS AND DEMONS

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:05 am

Romans 8:35-39
31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Lyrics
I was off the beaten path I thought that I was free at last
Living in the shadows
Paranoid and breathing fast, knees collapse
So get away it's too late to save me
Day and night I run and hide
Wishing you would forget me in the shadows
You denied my suicide, I came alive
And now I know
Nothing can tear us apart
Nothing can separate me
Nothing can break us apart
Nothing can separate
No angel, no demon, no danger, no enemy
(Not one) Nothing can break us apart
There's not one thing that can separate me
I was just a runaway, full of pain in love with hate
Looking for a reason
I could only speculate to my fate
Until the day that you came to save me
From each trap every attack
I had life but you gave it a reason
Perfect love has filled me up, I am alive
And now I know
Nothing can separate me
Nothing can separate
Nothing can separate!
Nothing can separate me
Nothing can separate
With hammer in hand, I began to pull out every nail. Every board I placed beside me on the damp ground. After many years of pouring everything I could into avoiding that way, I found myself walking there once again.

ECCENTRICSHEEP

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:15 am

Nothing can separate me
Nothing can separate

There is a few of these I have been saving for an emergency "need an easy one" morning. Today is the day I pulled the emergency "angels and demons" song out because I feel like crud lol.

I say easy, but you can go on and on about all the things that can't separate you from God. NOTHING CAN! God made literally everything so everything is in his control, how could anything separate you then?

That is, if you don't want to be separated from God then nothing will. Your purposeful rejection of God is the only thing that can separate you from God. That's it. Truthfully while you are still here in this world God in everything all at once all around you so God is still around you so you in a way aren't separated from him while you are still here on earth. Here, you still have a chance to accept him if you reject him. The next one you won't have that chance if you reject him here forever.

And that is the one thing that can separate us from God because HE GAVE US THAT CHOICE. God can do anything he wants. He could have made us all mindless zombies that love and accept him no matter what. He didn't do that. He gave you a choice to accept or reject him. All he wants from this world is you, and he still let you choose him....knowing that if you reject him he'll lose the one thing from this entire universe that he desires, you in eternity with him forever.

So yeah, the only thing in all the universe that can separate you from God is you.

ECCENTRICSHEEP

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:30 am

Return to Disciple Bible Study