Join Disciple's weekly discussion of the Bible as we share our thoughts, questions, and insights with each other.

Moderator: Bouncers

ECCENTRICSHEEP

VERSES BEHIND THE SONG: SAYONARA

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sun May 30, 2021 6:31 am

For a while we are going to study the verses behind Disciple songs! Each week one song will be chosen, and we will take a closer look at the verses listed in the liner notes with that song.

Please focus your studies on the verses and let the lyrics contribute to your thoughts after a study of the verses. We aren't here to study Disciple lyrics, we are here to study the word of God.

This week we are studying the verses behind the song "Sayonara."
With hammer in hand, I began to pull out every nail. Every board I placed beside me on the damp ground. After many years of pouring everything I could into avoiding that way, I found myself walking there once again.

eccentricsheepie.wordpress.com
ECCENTRICSHEEP

Re: VERSES BEHIND THE SONG: SAYONARA

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sun May 30, 2021 6:35 am

2 Cor 6:17
14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will live with them
and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
and they will be my people.”

17 Therefore,

“Come out from them
and be separate,
says the Lord.
Touch no unclean thing,
and I will receive you.”

18 And,

“I will be a Father to you,
and you will be my sons and daughters,
says the Lord Almighty.”

Lyrics
This Déjà Vu's gotta bad obsession with me
I'm sick of ever one of my chapters reading just the same
So go ahead and take a good look at me
You'll see me never again
Never again I'm leaving!
So much more than changing my scenery.
You'll see me never again!
Sayonara, C'est La Vie.
Your bad company corrupting the child that I was!
You took advantage
And you left me addicted to your drug!!!
This is the last time!!!!!
Never again I'm leaving!
Sayonara, C'est La Vie.
This place reminds me of who I was
Your face reminds me of who I was
This taste reminds me of who I was
I'm walking away from everything I was!
These chains remind me of who I was
This pain reminds me of who I was
Oh God can you save me from the things that I've done!!
I gotta get away! I gotta break away!!
Never again I'm leaving!
Sayonara baby!!!
Never again I'm leaving!
Sayonara!!!!!
With hammer in hand, I began to pull out every nail. Every board I placed beside me on the damp ground. After many years of pouring everything I could into avoiding that way, I found myself walking there once again.

ECCENTRICSHEEP

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sun May 30, 2021 6:51 am

Interesting verse to go with this one. Not sure if I would have guessed that one.

Separated but still within it, that is how we should be with the world. In it but not of it.

Yes in many ways you should keep separated from the world. We don't always have the same goals, priorities, enemies, purposes, knowledge or wisdom of the world. Our beliefs are different. What we live by is different. What we believe in is different. We are not going in the same direction as the world quite often. So yeah in many ways we are separate from the world. Some degree of mental and emotional separation is required to stay on the path and stay focused on Jesus so we don't fall away into the world's ways.

However, we are still physically in this world. Unless its your day to go home you're still here. We still have a mission to this world, to disciple to it, spread the gospel, and save as many people as we can until God calls us home. We still have a duty to it as Christians. You can't fulfill this duty if you are literally separated from it as much as possible and not interacting with it in any way.

You have a job to do here, but this is not your home. To those that have sold their souls for this temporary world leave them be, they have received their reward in full. There are still those out there who can still be saved though, and we must go to them and bring them the hope we have been given through Jesus. Remain as a visitor here, passing through but not a part of it.

ECCENTRICSHEEP

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sun May 30, 2021 7:03 am

Never again I'm leaving!
Sayonara, C'est La Vie.

In this balance of in it but not of it, do not let anything or anyone of this world hinder you from the kingdom of God. We are all different as brothers and sisters in Christ. We will struggle and be enticed differently from each other. This means that we all require of custom treatment of how we interact with the different parts of the world. Cross what battlefields you can do so safely. If there are battles that tempt you more than you can handle leave those to whom God has created that can withstand them. God has a place and a purpose for you here. He has a place he wants you to be to represent his kingdom.

Sometimes the world creeps in though. Perhaps it starts with something very small that doesn't seem like a big deal so you let it in. Eventually you get use to that so the world tries something a little bigger. So you let that in because it seems so small compared to the first thing, but really you're letting in bigger and bigger things. You go down and down the slope not seeing that you're on it at all....until you're in the gutter and wonder how you go there.

Sometimes the world creeps in a little too far, and you have to say goodbye to whatever you let in because its hindering your walk with God.

It happens, its okay. I've had to say sayonara to a few things I let in that got out of hand. Don't let anything here hinder your walk. If something has gotten into your life and taken over that is hindering your walk it has to go. Everything here is temporary, heaven is forever. Don't let the temporary hinder your eternity.

Return to Disciple Bible Study