[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4838: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4840: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4841: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4842: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Disciple Message Board - View topic - VERSES BEHIND THE SONG: SOMEONE
Join Disciple's weekly discussion of the Bible as we share our thoughts, questions, and insights with each other.

Moderator: Bouncers

ECCENTRICSHEEP

VERSES BEHIND THE SONG: SOMEONE

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sun May 23, 2021 6:41 am

For a while we are going to study the verses behind Disciple songs! Each week one song will be chosen, and we will take a closer look at the verses listed in the liner notes with that song.

Please focus your studies on the verses and let the lyrics contribute to your thoughts after a study of the verses. We aren't here to study Disciple lyrics, we are here to study the word of God.

This week we are studying the verses behind the song "Someone."
With hammer in hand, I began to pull out every nail. Every board I placed beside me on the damp ground. After many years of pouring everything I could into avoiding that way, I found myself walking there once again.

eccentricsheepie.wordpress.com
ECCENTRICSHEEP

Re: VERSES BEHIND THE SONG: SOMEONE

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sun May 23, 2021 6:48 am

Psalm 8:3-6
1 Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
in the heavens.
2 Through the praise of children and infants
you have established a stronghold against your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.
3 When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
4 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings that you care for them?
5 You have made them a little lower than the angels
and crowned them with glory and honor.
6 You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
you put everything under their feet:

7 all flocks and herds,
and the animals of the wild,
8 the birds in the sky,
and the fish in the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.
9 Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Proverbs 15:3
The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
keeping watch on the wicked and the good.

Romans 1:19-20
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Lyrics
All I see inside
Is a longing for something that's outside
This understanding of the sun breaking open
And it shines over me, shines over me
I can see order in the way
That the oceans rise and roll out again
That the flowers die to bloom again
And I know that there is something out there
Watching everything
I know there's something out there
Even if I can't see
And I know that there is someone out there
Watching over me
I know there's someone out there
Silence in this night
A million ballads to something far from sight
With an unspoken name and in my reflection
Image from some other time, some other time
Watching everything
Even if I can't see
Watching over me
Even if I can't see
Even though I can't see
The fingerprints are everywhere
Watching everything
Even if I can't see
Watching over me
Even if I can't see
With hammer in hand, I began to pull out every nail. Every board I placed beside me on the damp ground. After many years of pouring everything I could into avoiding that way, I found myself walking there once again.

ECCENTRICSHEEP

Re: VERSES BEHIND THE SONG: SOMEONE

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sun May 23, 2021 7:02 am

Return to Disciple Bible Study