[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4838: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4840: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4841: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4842: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Disciple Message Board - View topic - REVELATION CHAPTER 12
Join Disciple's weekly discussion of the Bible as we share our thoughts, questions, and insights with each other.

Moderator: Bouncers

ECCENTRICSHEEP

REVELATION CHAPTER 12

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:07 am

This week we will be discussing REVELATION 12. After you read the chapter, please take time to post….

1. Your favorite passages from Chapter 12
2. Things that challenged you
3. Any special insights that you would like to share with us
4. Any questions that you may have
5. Any related thoughts at all
(This is just a guideline and doesn't have to be followed exactly)

We welcome all opinions and no question is ever a "dumb" question. We want everyone to feel welcome and have the freedom to share whatever they may like. The only thing we ask is that while sharing your opinion, please be respectful to others. In short, disagree without being rude and hurtful. Also, if you are reading these posts and part of the Bible Study but feel like you don't have anything to add or post, we would ask that you please at least check in and post that you are reading with us so that we know you are there. Even when you don't say anything, it is encouraging just knowing that people are in our group with us. We all learn so much from these studies, so with that being said….. LET'S GO!!!!
With hammer in hand, I began to pull out every nail. Every board I placed beside me on the damp ground. After many years of pouring everything I could into avoiding that way, I found myself walking there once again.

eccentricsheepie.wordpress.com
ECCENTRICSHEEP

Re: REVELATION CHAPTER 12

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:20 am

With hammer in hand, I began to pull out every nail. Every board I placed beside me on the damp ground. After many years of pouring everything I could into avoiding that way, I found myself walking there once again.

ECCENTRICSHEEP

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:49 am

QuickTwist

by QuickTwist Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:19 am

I think it's important to note that the book of Revelation is basically the same story told over and over in different ways.

The saints conquer by being conquered. Because they love God and His ways more than they love their own lives. This can be seen in contrast in 2 Timothy 3:1-5

2Tim. 3:1    But understand this, that in the last days hard times will come— 2 for people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 hardhearted, unforgiving, backbiting, without self-control, brutal, hating what is good, 4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 holding to an outward form of godliness but denying its power. Avoid these people!

I also want to point out "when" the "end days" are. Well, it's pretty much anything after pentecost. People might have this idea of the "last days" being a end of everything and it is, but it's also good to note that it is also a right now thing too. People who are in the US tend to think it's crazy that their religious freedoms are being contented with, but if you look around the globe, people will say, "Persecution has always been here," in parts of the middle east and such.

Finally, I want to end with this set of verse...

2Tim. 3:14    You, however, continue in what you have learned and what you have become convinced of. For you know from whom you have learned, 15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings that are able to make you wise, leading to salvation through trusting in Messiah Yeshua. 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproof, for restoration, and for training in righteousness, 17 so that the person belonging to God may be capable, fully equipped for every good deed.

I think being "fully equipped" is a reference to the Armor of God...

Eph. 6:10    Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you are able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the worldly forces of this darkness, and against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you may be able to resist when the times are evil, and after you have done everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand firm then! Buckle the belt of truth around your waist, and put on the breastplate of righteousness.f 15 Strap up your feet in readiness with the Good News of shalom.g 16 Above all, take up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.h 17 And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.j 18 Pray in the Ruach on every occasion, with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, keep alert with perseverance and supplication for all the kedoshim. 19 And pray for me when I open my mouth to make known with boldness the mystery of the Good News, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may speak boldly, the way I should.
Past. Present. Future. Grace.
lappinglivingwater

by lappinglivingwater Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:02 am

Last edited by lappinglivingwater on Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Whenever you find any statement in Christian writings which you can make nothing of, do not worry: leave it alone; there will come a day, perhaps years later, when you suddenly see what it meant."
~ C.S. Lewis

lappinglivingwater

by lappinglivingwater Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:14 am

"Whenever you find any statement in Christian writings which you can make nothing of, do not worry: leave it alone; there will come a day, perhaps years later, when you suddenly see what it meant."
~ C.S. Lewis

ECCENTRICSHEEP

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:09 am

ECCENTRICSHEEP

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:26 am

lappinglivingwater

by lappinglivingwater Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:02 am

~ C.S. Lewis

Return to Disciple Bible Study