Join Disciple's weekly discussion of the Bible as we share our thoughts, questions, and insights with each other.

Moderator: Bouncers

ECCENTRICSHEEP

BIBLE STUDY: LOOKING TOWARD EASTER

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:31 am

Going to call an audible this week and switching gears. Since Easter is near, let us take this week to look back on the sacrifice our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ made for us. Any thoughts on Passover or any connections with Old Testament vs New with Moses and Jesus.

Because no matter what happens in the future, the stone has been rolled away and Jesus lives!
With hammer in hand, I began to pull out every nail. Every board I placed beside me on the damp ground. After many years of pouring everything I could into avoiding that way, I found myself walking there once again.

eccentricsheepie.wordpress.com
ECCENTRICSHEEP

Re: BIBLE STUDY: LOOKING TOWARD EASTER

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:37 am

Job 19
25 I know that my redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

This Wednesday April 8th is the 13th anniversary of my maternal grandmother's death. She died on Easter 2007. It took me a while to get back my spirit for Easter after that. I was so pumped that day for Easter, and then my hope was dashed when I received the call that she had died.

Promise me that when hugging is permissible in public that you will take full advantage of it...because you never know which hug will be the last one.
With hammer in hand, I began to pull out every nail. Every board I placed beside me on the damp ground. After many years of pouring everything I could into avoiding that way, I found myself walking there once again.

ECCENTRICSHEEP

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:45 am

12 “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord. 13 The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt. (Exodus 12)

What we are facing now might not pass you over. Sometimes we get caught up in what God is allowing in the world. The best part is, our souls are safe in God's hands so we have nothing to fear. There are many in this world not at peace with their own mortality. They are fearful of dying. We don't have to be fearful. Even if what is next is unknown and hard to comprehend. Do not fear it. Its okay to be scared of it, your human brain won't ever understand it. We'll understand when we get there, have faith in that.

walterworld

by walterworld Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:34 am

I find it interesting that we are in this moment during the celebration of Easter. The time of reflection and wonder, a time of pause is taking place as the crowds would have gathered to sing hosanna and then to gather soon after to crucify Jesus our King.
During this time of pause I feel like we are in need of reflecting on who Christ was and who we are in him. Easter has always been so quick. You quick color easter eggs, sing songs, tell the story, prepare food, run to church, find baskets... run run run... and this year we are forced to be still.
I have not even wanted to go get easter basket items bc I am just in a moment of reflection.
Did it really take something this big to settle my life to sit and just reflect on what God has gifted us with?

I don't ever want to go back to the running and rushing through again!
As horrible and as difficult as this time is we must take the time to re build ourselves and our homes. It is no longer too late. Life is no longer rushing past us. And for that I am thankful!
Return to Disciple Bible Study