1. Please introduce yourself, what you play, and one thing most people don't know about you! Hello! My name is Joey West, I’m 25, I play drums for Disciple and most people don’t know that I am a huge NASCAR fan. No love to any of you NASCAR haters.
2. Any strange or unusual talents? Not that I can think of.
3. Where are you from? Where do you live now? I’m originally from Hilton Head Island, SC and I now live in the Upstate of SC.
4. Wife and/or Children? No wife and no children. Hope to have both someday!
5. Have you always been involved in music? What age did you start, and what was your first instrument? Yeah, I’ve been banging on pots and pans since I could hold wooden spoons. Drums was my first love. I played the Cello for a year because Orchestra was the only music class they offered when I was in 5th grade. I was terrible at it, but it was something to allowed me to get out of class and be a part of something to do with music.
6. Biggest musical influences? P.O.D. has probably been my biggest influence musically.
7. What can you tell us that we can be expecting from the new lineup? Amazing things. All the guys really believe in Disciple and the mission behind it. Everyone is invested 110% in this thing and it really shows in the new record and the live onstage performance.
8. If you could choose one of the older Disciple songs (any album from "what was I thinking - "Back Again") to play which one would it be? Either “Back Again” or “Big Bad Wolf” which are 2 songs that we’ve been playing a lot live recently.
9. With everyone living in different places, how does that affect rehearsals/song writing? Technology these days has made all of that so much easier. It really doesn’t affect it negatively at all.
10. With the new members, are you planning another behind the scenes video, like we got from previous lineups? Sure! I’m down for it.
11. When not on the road, how often do you stay in touch with each other? I talk to at least one of the guys almost every day. We stay in communication about different business things with the band, or just talking about normal life stuff.
12. How do you like being a member of Disciple now, versus your old group(s)? My old band was amazing, love those guys with all my heart and I loved all the touring I got to do with them and the places I got to see and experience with them. Being a member of Disciple now is a dream come true, I am loving every minute of it. I’m now getting to build a brotherhood with Kevin, Josie, Drew and Jason and experience new things and places with them. I also love the fact that I’m playing rock/metal now. It’s definitely the music I was born to play.
13. What are your favorite "things" about the fans? Any memorable moments thus far? The fans are so loyal. This band has been going for 20+ years and to see and hear stories from fans who have been around all 20 years is absolutely amazing. All the fans have welcomed me into the Disciple family in ways I didn’t think they would and I so appreciate the warm welcome. Memorable moments so far consist of the stories I hear from people at the shows and how God has used the music to impact, change and even save their lives.
14. What's the funniest thing that has ever happened to you on stage (as a Disciple member or previous band)? WE want stories!! In my previous band, I stepped off the front of the stage by accident because it was dark and the front of the stage wasn’t marked with tape to let me know where the edge was. I’d like to apologize to the 12 guys & girls that I fell on top of and knocked them all down.
15. What do you enjoy about being on the road? Seeing and experiencing new places that I’ve never been to before.
16. Other than Family & Home, what do you miss the most while on the road? My Harley.
17. Favorite comfort foods? Double Stuf Oreos.
18. Have you developed any "new" food interests in your travels? Nope! I pretty much like everything, except beans. I HATE BEANS.
19. What sort of snacks & drinks do you like? (this comes in handy when bringing stuff to you on the road). I try to do the best I can to maintain a somewhat healthy lifestyle, so fruit or vegetables. I LOVE pistachios (unsalted). Unhealthy stuff would be, Double Stuf Oreos, Chewy Chips Ahoy and Sugar Free Rockstar Energy Drinks and Sweet Spicy Chili Doritos (in the purple bag).
20. Any free time? What do you like to do? Not much free time, but I do custom wood burning art on the side as a small business and I also teach drum lessons. For fun, I take road trips to the mountains and hike or just ride my Harley.
21. What's your favorite sport(s)/teams? College Football: first love is Tennessee Volunteers and then my second love is the Clemson Tigers. Pro Football: I follow Peyton Manning wherever he goes so currently, Denver Broncos.
22. Do you have any pets? What do you have, and what are their names? No pets but one of my roommates has an Australian Sheppard named “Ellah” so she is kind of the house dog. She’s a sweetie.
23. Biggest spiritual influence? Probably my pastor Perry Noble and my good friend Lee McDerment.
24. Favorite passage of scripture? Isaiah 41.13
25. How often do you read your Bible? I try to every day. Not perfect in that, but I try.
26. How old were you when you were Baptized? 21
27. How has Jesus changed your life? He saved me. I’m still a work in process, but the biggest change is that I have Jesus in my life now.
28. What is the most memorable thing Christ has done for you? Gave me life, salvation, and a reason for living.
29. Random questions for the Alliance members? (feel free to ask us anything)!! No questions. You guys and gals are awesome.
30. Kirk or Picard? I have no clue what this question is or who either of those names are so I’m going to answer Dale Earnhardt. ‘Merica.
The Disciple fan-mily are just the friends I haven't necessarily met yet