Hey Everyone! I'm new to this whole "forum" thing so I'd like to apologize ahead of time if I ever miss any messages, which I think are called "pm's?" haha. Anyways, thanks to everyone for welcoming me to the band! You guys are awesome.
1) Please introduce yourself, what you play, and one thing most people don't know about you! Hello everyone, thank you for your interest in getting to know me a little bit, My name is Trent Reiff (Rife) and I now play drums for Disciple. One thing most people don't know about me is that I have a weird obsession with crocodiles/ alligators. However, more people are beginning to learn this since I decided it was a good idea to get a crocodile tattoo.
2) Any strange or unusual talents? I wish
3) Where are you from? Where do you live now? I grew up in Glendale, AZ and currently live in Nashville, TN.
4) Wife or Children (Signifigant other)? Not as of now, someday I hope to have a wife and kids.
5) Have you always been involved in music? What age did you start, and what was your first instrument?
My whole family has always been involved some way or another in music I started playing on coffee cans with some type of canvas covering that my dad made for me when I was 3, when I was 4 my parents bought me a practice drum pad set. I remember at that point not having any cymbals, then they bought me my first drum kit for Christmas right before I turned 5. I remember the first thing that I had opened was a cymbal, and my first guess was that it was a gold record. Saying that makes me feel old. haha.
6) Biggest musical influences? Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater by far.
7) What can you tell us that we can be expecting from the new lineup?
I've been hearing great things about our current line up. More energy and more entertaining than ever before.
8.) If you could choose one of the older Disciple songs (any album from "what was I thinking - "Back Again") to play which one would it be?
Coal off of "By God"
9) With everyone living in different places, how does that affect rehearsals/song writing?
These days, Kevin is the only one that doesn't live in the "Nashville" area. However, we don't really rehearse anyways. Unless we need to learn some new or very old songs. In which, it takes some careful planning to get everyone together.
10) With the new members, are you planning another behind the scenes video, like we got from previous lineups?
Behind the scenes huh? I'll have to look into this, someone respond to this with a link to the video. Please
11) When not on the road, how often do you stay in touch with each other?
VERY often. We all just like to have a good time. I think we actually get along better than a family. ha. We hang out when we're at home and not only when we're on the road. So it's great.
12) How do you like being a member of Disciple now, versus your old group(s)?
Well, I've never really been "in" a band before Disciple, I've worked with and toured with other bands working production, but I've never been in any band besides the garage band I was in during High school. I love it. God has truly blessed me.
13) What are your favorite "things" about the fans? Any memorable moments thus far?
When Sabine, Hannah, Hannah's mum, and Brian brought me a Monster and Double Stuffed Oreos. And also anyone that's actually welcomed me to the band, thank you very much.
14) What's the funniest thing that has ever happened to you on stage (as a Disciple member or previous band)? WE want stories!!
Well… nothing has really happened to ME… however, i will tell you the funniest thing that has happened on stage since i've been in Disciple. One night we were playing in a park at an amphitheater, your typical concrete stage, however, there was a gap between the crowd and the front of the stage. This gap was a large bush. Don't ask me who thought that was a good idea, i'm sure they're very sorry for what they've done. ANYWAYS, we're playing and everyone's head banging, jumping around all over the place and Kevin loses his balance and ends up falling IN the bush. Now this bush isn't just your typical bush, this bush is almost 5 feet deep, so kevin is up to his shoulders in this bush. I didn't personally see Kevin's face but he ended up looking backwards directly at Micah and apparently was making the funniest face. Maybe like a "Please help me out of here." Now you'd think that maybe someone would help him out of the bush…… but you'd be wrong. He had to climb out of that thing back onto the stage by himself and take the embarrassment like a man. I'll never forget seeing him crawling back on the stage that night. If you read all that and didn't crack a smile, I guess you had to be there. ha. That's the go to response when nobody laughs at your story right? "I guess you had to be there"
15) What do you enjoy about being on the road?
Hanging out and waking up to a different environment everyday. Also the wonderful home cooking we get at shows.
16) Other than Family & Home, what do you miss the most while on the road?
My big bed, spending time with friends, staying up late playing Modern Warfare until 4am, and my motorcycle.
17) Favorite comfort foods?
I don't really have "comfort" foods, but I love me some ice-cream with fresh peanut butter on top, and I love double stuffed oreo's.
18) Have you developed any "new" food interests in your travels?
SHEETZ! and Sushi.
19) What sort of snacks & drinks do you like? (this comes in handy when bringing stuff to you on the road).
Double Stuffed Oreo's, Golden Oreos, fruit by the foot, red vines, mountain trail mix, and sour straws… I'm making myself hungry talking about this.
20) Any free time? What do you like to do?
I like to ride motorcycles with my buddies, go cliff jumping at the lake, have cookouts, and I like camping.
21) What's your favorite sport(s)/teams?
Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Coyotes, Arizona Cardinals but also the Tennessee Titans and New England Patriots.
22)Do you have any pets? What do you have, and what are their names? I don't have any anymore, I had a few family pets while I lived at home. All dogs. LOVE dogs, big ones especially. I also had a gold fish or two at one point.
23)Biggest spiritual influence?
My parents. They've raised me with their values and have made me the person that I am.
24) Favorite passage of scripture?
Revelation 3:16 "So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth." -ESV
25) How often do you read your Bible?
Never often enough. I try to read it every night when I go to bed, but sometimes I fail.
26) How old were you when you were Baptized?
I actually haven't been baptized yet. My parents had always wanted it to be 100% my choice whenever I was ready. My best friend growing up and I always used to say, ok, next time baptisms are happening, we're going to do it. But we never did. I'd love to get baptized in the Jordan river, but I don't know when i'd ever go there and I want to be baptized asap. I think I'm going to have Kevin baptize me. But seriously.
27) How has Jesus changed your life?
Jesus has been way too good to me my entire life. I've been blessed over and over with a wonderful family, great friends, and have had a lot of doors opened in my life. I wouldn't be here answering these questions and I definitely wouldn't be on stage if I didn't have Jesus.
28) What is the most memorable thing Christ has done for you?
One particular instance comes to mind, it's not the biggest thing Christ has done for me, but it was a point of appreciation. I remember I was on a bus by myself, before I had a drumming gig, i'd been looking for awhile. I heard that Pillar was looking for a guy and I got setup with an audition. Right when I heard back about getting an audition, my itunes was on and a song by hillsong united "Sovereign Hands" started playing, and at that point I just really felt the presence of God and came to realize all of the small little details that God puts together to make things happen. It all started years ago when I moved to Nashville, over a couple years span I met the right people, ended up on a bus by myself, exactly when I heard back about getting an audition, not only had my laptop on, but a hillsong song came on upon me hanging up. It made me realize just how much God really loves all of us. For Him to put that much effort into something so small in just MY life, let alone EVERY other person on this earth, is just incredible. That's just one great moment where I really began to appreciate how God kinda works everything together in our lives. The best thing he's ever done for me was of course, send His son to die for me so I could be forgiven for all of my sins, but the second best thing He's done was allow me to be apart of Disciple and the ministry that goes along with this band.
29) random questions for the Alliance members.(feel free to ask us anything)!!
A- What's your favorite thing that Disciple does to keep you up to date on what's going on? Following Kevin and Andrew on twitter? Videos that we post? etc.
B- What's your personal favorite song off of the new album and why?
C- Did anyone ever get to try the 99cent tacos from Burger King when they had them, about 5 years ago? If so, do you like Burger King tacos or Jack in the box tacos more?
30) Kirk or Pikard?
I'm going to have to go with Kirk. His name is easier to say