Chit Chat (If you have topics that fit other forums, please post in the appropriate forum, otherwise post until your hearts content.)

Moderator: Bouncers

KaintBkwite

Re: TATTOOS

by KaintBkwite Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:53 am

I got a tattoo on my butt 25 years ago...it's on the back of my leg now. :cry:

Just kidding. I have no tattoos. :p But if I did, that's probably what would happen.

Besides, Momma always wants a new pair of shoes. Can't waste my shoe money!! :lol:
Polish Tom
Administrator

by Polish Tom Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:11 pm

KaintBkwite wrote:I got a tattoo on my butt 25 years ago...it's on the back of my leg now. :cry:

Just kidding. I have no tattoos. :p But if I did, that's probably what would happen.

Besides, Momma always wants a new pair of shoes. Can't waste my shoe money!! :lol:

:lol:
"In paradise remember me. Romance me. Ransom me." - Disciple

"...the Lord has told you what is good, & this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, & to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8
Samson

by Samson Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:31 pm

I'll be 36 in less than 3 weeks, and I have made the decision to finally get my very first tattoo. I had wanted to get one when I was in my 20's, but I always kept stopping because I would continually ask myself "Am I going to regret doing this in 10 years?"

Well, after having plenty of time to think about it, I am about to start saving up the money to get a tat of a chi rho inside a crown of thorns on my left arm.
QuickTwist

by QuickTwist Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:12 pm

^ That is one of the coolest responses in this entire thread. Instant respect points from me.

\m/

Rock on brother, rock on.
[center]Hi! :) How are you doing today?[/center]
Lainie
Bouncer

by Lainie Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:01 pm

Samson wrote:I'll be 36 in less than 3 weeks, and I have made the decision to finally get my very first tattoo. I had wanted to get one when I was in my 20's, but I always kept stopping because I would continually ask myself "Am I going to regret doing this in 10 years?"

Well, after having plenty of time to think about it, I am about to start saving up the money to get a tat of a chi rho inside a crown of thorns on my left arm.

Post a pic when it's done, bro!
The Disciple fan-mily are just the friends I haven't necessarily met yet :)
Conner_itsatrap

by Conner_itsatrap Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:28 pm

Lainie wrote:
Samson wrote:I'll be 36 in less than 3 weeks, and I have made the decision to finally get my very first tattoo. I had wanted to get one when I was in my 20's, but I always kept stopping because I would continually ask myself "Am I going to regret doing this in 10 years?"

Post a pic when it's done, bro!

"Now there are two of them?"-Star Wars Episode I:The Phantom Menace.
“You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.”-Gus Waters
ECCENTRICSHEEP

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:02 pm

I'm actually thinking about getting a Disciple inspired tattoo now lol. I've been tossing around a million ideas for something on my right arm to cover up some scars, but now I want something that won't fully cover them like a verse or lyrics. So I'm thinking part of the chorus to "beautiful scars" now.
THE ECCENTRIC SHEEP MUSINGS

TO THOSE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST DEPRESSION
http://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep-m ... epression/

SELF INJURY AWARENESS DAY POST
https://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep- ... ury-story/
lappinglivingwater

by lappinglivingwater Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:00 pm

Thanks for sharing Kevin. I love to see when people put a lot of thought and care into a difficult subject and give some heartfelt advice. I have two tattoos. I agree about probably not getting them again if I had to do it all over. But they are there now... and they don't come off with soap!

In our Bible study in Mark 10 this week, we see Jesus respond to some Pharisees by not only addressing what the law said (that divorce was allowed), but by going beyond what the words said to address the very reason the command was given. (And Jesus answered and said unto them, "For the hardness of your hearts [Moses] wrote you this precept." ~Mark 10:5) So the law was "don't mark your bodies", but I'd be curious to hear what people think the intent of that law was? What was the reason behind it?
"If you can believe, all things are possible to the person who believes."
~Mark 9:23

My posts reflect what I believe; please don't take them as me telling you what you have to believe - your time in study and prayer will tell you that.
osu122975

by osu122975 Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:48 pm

I regret getting mine. I have 3. I was 18-20 years old. Now 38 and wish I was wiser then.
crazy4disciple

by crazy4disciple Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:57 am

OHH Kevin.. I completly understand what your trying to say.Now i have two point of views here. Im glad i got a tattoo that is about your band cause its represents a memory for me, of how long and many years i have known you all and grew up seeing you live at concerts and hanging with ya all afterwords too.Now yes it is bad to put ink in your body.. since its Gods temple. Now about the young people getting tattoos yes.. i to understand about young people getting tattoo and i personally thank that young people getting tattoos is hard to believe n see now these days. from what i seen at my work and such. its sad to see young and i mean young gals doing this to themselves n such. But i to want more tattoos myself. If there memorys and they are meaningful to have i will get. But i wont be dumb enough to put something on my body thats not meaningful. And add another note... to fork up the money to be able to get one...can be pretty expensive. Im pretty much both ways on what your trying to say man. sometimes i realize that its not worth wasting your money on something that you want to put on your body. Its a hard thang to actually thank about and all. But thanks for sharing that man. made me thank about your point of view a LOT. amen man!!!!!

Keep rocking for God.

Cassidy
Mus1cLov3r

by Mus1cLov3r Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:26 pm

*claps* ;)
~Bradley, your neighborhood introvert

"The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace (Exodus 14:14)."

"You gave me more than I deserve, when You washed my whole world as white as snow" ~Scarlet
x3fyr

by x3fyr Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:10 pm

I'm 21 and about ready to get my first tattoo. I designed it myself and it really means a lot to me. It signifies what happened to me and how it changed me and that really pulled me away from God. I have since corrected that issue and I'm back on track and trying to live my life for Jesus and throwing everything that I have in front of him and letting him lead me. It's really hard to think about what I put my family and close friends through but God never let me go and pulled me back from the brink of complete destruction of my life. I really did not think that I was worth his time at all and that was something that he corrected in me. I do not deserve his unconditional love at all but after praying and having people pray over me, he has let me know in many ways that I am worth it and he has such a huge plan for me! God is good, all the time, and all the time, God is good!
"No weapon forged against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, this is their vindication from me, declares the LORD." Isaiah 54:17
Mus1cLov3r

by Mus1cLov3r Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:19 pm

x3fyr wrote:I'm 21 and about ready to get my first tattoo. I designed it myself and it really means a lot to me. It signifies what happened to me and how it changed me and that really pulled me away from God. I have since corrected that issue and I'm back on track and trying to live my life for Jesus and throwing everything that I have in front of him and letting him lead me. It's really hard to think about what I put my family and close friends through but God never let me go and pulled me back from the brink of complete destruction of my life. I really did not think that I was worth his time at all and that was something that he corrected in me. I do not deserve his unconditional love at all but after praying and having people pray over me, he has let me know in many ways that I am worth it and he has such a huge plan for me! God is good, all the time, and all the time, God is good!

Well spoken!

What is the tattoo like, if I may ask?
~Bradley, your neighborhood introvert

"The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace (Exodus 14:14)."

"You gave me more than I deserve, when You washed my whole world as white as snow" ~Scarlet
ECCENTRICSHEEP

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:39 pm

Oh man I forgot to post my tattoo on this thread!

So I went through a MILLION ideas (some of them are in this thread lol), but when Disciple released their Attack artwork I KNEW it was going to be the shield to faith to match my sword of the spirit tattoo! I believe in getting tattoos to represent something that you never want to forget. Its so important to you to remember that you would get it tattooed on your body. Well, I never want to forget Disciple, the friends I've made, and what the songs talk about on that album. And I never want to forget that no matter what happens in the future, I'm coming out unbroken! I got this 3 weeks ago tomorrow

https://twitter.com/ECCENTRICSHEEPY/sta ... 92/photo/1

and here is it alongside my first tattoo that it goes with, and this one has an Aerosmith tribute in it because the song "mama kin" is about "keeping in touch with the spirits that got you where you are" and its the sword of the spirit! and Steven Tyler has "Ma Kin" in a tattoo of his so I got it spelled that way...okay so I was a little bit of a crazy fan of Aerosmith so sue me, and my brother drew the sword design for me so it'll always be special because he drew it

https://twitter.com/ECCENTRICSHEEPY/sta ... 10/photo/1

Okay I'm done spamming about my tattoo. It just turned out so amazing I can't believe its my tattoo!
THE ECCENTRIC SHEEP MUSINGS

TO THOSE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST DEPRESSION
http://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep-m ... epression/

SELF INJURY AWARENESS DAY POST
https://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep- ... ury-story/
Seth T. Tenpas

by Seth T. Tenpas Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:42 pm

Nice! Didn't know that was your tattoo Disciple posted up on their page!
I'll definitely plan on getting tattoos... I am a very forgetful person when it comes to what I need to do in my spiritual walk, what God has done for me. There's something about my memory that when I look at a certain place, an image or whatever, I can remember what I was feeling at that time, what was going through my mind. When I see an image like a tattoo, or hear a song, read something that I wrote, I can remember why I made that commitment in my heart, why I felt so strongly or passionately about something. I'm not just gonna go get whatever the heck I want inked into my skin as soon as I turn 18 or whatever, it needs to be something I know I won't be ashamed of don the road, something that will still remind me even then. Jesus narrowed down the hundreds of commandments of the law to two commands: Love God, and love your neighbor. I'm not getting tattoos to deliberately anger a brother, or to test God. In Christ we are free from the law, but some brothers and sisters still feel a need to follow certain of those old testament commandments. I believe we are to respect them, to not press our views on them, but we are free to rejoice in our freedom. My two cents!
Looking up into the sky, wondering where you are. Searching in the starlight, when I'm standing in the palm of your hand.

The love of Jesus bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. (Corinthians 13)
ImNotInvisible

by ImNotInvisible Sat May 23, 2015 10:33 am

[color=#FFFF40]I definitely agree that a tattoo is not a sin. My eldest brother told my parents he wanted a tattoo when he was 17. At first he wanted a number three (his jersey number and my dad's jersey number when he played soccer) and a pair of soccer cleats. My Dad initially said no but then decided, "Okay, he'll probably get it when he moves out so let's use this as a learning experience." He had my brother sit down with Christian men with strong faith, some of which had tattoos and some who did not. My brother asked them questions like "Why do you have tattoos?" or "Why do you not have tattoos?" He asked them what they thought about tattoos according to the two scriptures you quoted. His over-all conclusion was this: Tattoos are amoral. One person could get an inappropriate image tattooed right on their arm, or someone could get a tattoo that was a scripture verse that they really lived by and wanted to be reminded of everyday. When he turned 18 he went with my Dad to get a tattoo of a cross with light beams around it on his chest, right over his heart. He put it over his heart to remind him that Jesus should be his first love and the thing that keeps him alive, he put light around it to remind him to be "Salt and light" which was practically my father's mantra (Whenever we went somewhere with our friends, or were going to a tournament etc he almost always said "Be salt and light" before we left) and the cross, of course, at the center of it all to be the center of his life. He only has one tattoo, and he doesn't regret it. I believe tattoos really boil down to the reason you get them. My next to oldest brother has a sleeve on one arm, tattoos across his chest, a half sleeve on his leg, a small one on his back and on his foot. While they all seem to be morally-okay, they're not all centered around Christ. He also got them without talking to my parents for council. Only time will tell if he regrets his choice. This just goes to show that tattoos are what you do with them, ad they can glorify God or glorify self.

Just my opinion.[/color]
- Sophie
notebooknut

by notebooknut Sun May 24, 2015 7:18 pm

Wow, thanks so much Kevin for posting this! I know that tatts are an extremely debatable topic, on weather or not they're okay. When one would break out, I felt like I was just kinda in the corner. You know, the person in the corner that MUST be stupid, because she hasn't put in any input. Well, for a while, I felt like I didn't know where I stood with it. Also, I didn't want to make any friends or family all ticked at me if I disagreed/agreed with it. I also felt like I didn't have any real solid arguable subjects to present... So If I didn't have something intelligent to say, I wouldn't say anything at all. So thanks! This has given me really good insight to it! :mrgreen: Maybe now I can debate!
- Maddie

"Opposite as the day and night
As different as the sun and moon is
This is the reality of my duality
This WE needs to become a ME!"
- Jonathan Thulin, Jekyll & Hyde
jphayes79

by jphayes79 Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:09 am

Let me say that as a guy who use to determine whether someone was saved or not based on tattoos, I'm so glad that Jesus Christ changed my heart. Now I try to find people with the most tattoos and ask them about them. I'm also glad and thankful Kevin Young that I got to share my testimony with you in Vienna, IL on the city rocket tour. I'm currently researching, but I believe that there were some laws for Jews, and some for priests and I believe that the law, at that time, was so the Jews wouldn't be marked up like other nations. But like your explanation said Paul was trying to correct that we are no longer under the law but under GRACE. Christ fulfilled the law and so tattoos don't send you to hell. Hope this made since. Lol.
Stephanie

by Stephanie Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:58 pm

i've contemplated getting scripture verses as tattoos, but i would rather get piercings. they are cheaper and easier to take out if you don't like them.
notebooknut

by notebooknut Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:03 pm

lappinglivingwater wrote:Thanks for sharing Kevin. I love to see when people put a lot of thought and care into a difficult subject and give some heartfelt advice. I have two tattoos. I agree about probably not getting them again if I had to do it all over. But they are there now... and they don't come off with soap!

In our Bible study in Mark 10 this week, we see Jesus respond to some Pharisees by not only addressing what the law said (that divorce was allowed), but by going beyond what the words said to address the very reason the command was given. (And Jesus answered and said unto them, "For the hardness of your hearts [Moses] wrote you this precept." ~Mark 10:5) So the law was "don't mark your bodies", but I'd be curious to hear what people think the intent of that law was? What was the reason behind it?

The temporary ones do. Kinda like the Millennium Falcon on my wrist. :lol: :lol: :lol: But they come off toooooo quickly. I want it to at least last a day!!! Ugh!!! Xb
- Maddie

"Opposite as the day and night
As different as the sun and moon is
This is the reality of my duality
This WE needs to become a ME!"
- Jonathan Thulin, Jekyll & Hyde
Return to Chit Chat