Chit Chat (If you have topics that fit other forums, please post in the appropriate forum, otherwise post until your hearts content.)

Moderator: Bouncers

Polish Tom
Administrator

Re: Introduce yourself! (A place for newbies.)

by Polish Tom Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:11 pm

notebooknut wrote:Well, I've never lost a game of Clue in my life if that helps!

Another Note To Self: Now REALLY watch out for Tom. He's DEFINITELY a killer!

:p :mrgreen: :D

I'm in the library with the wrench.
"In paradise remember me. Romance me. Ransom me." - Disciple

"...the Lord has told you what is good, & this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, & to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8
Polish Tom
Administrator

by Polish Tom Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:12 pm

Stephanie wrote:My name is Janique rhymes with unique for those who are wondering how to pronounce it, which is pretty much everyone who sees the name before they hear it. My user name is actually my middle name. I am from Saskatchewan Canada. I first heard of Disciple when my brothers and I got a ride home from Taekwon-do class. I don't know if they were actually listening to Disciple or Pillar, but that was when I heard the name for the first time. The first Disciple song that I listened to was "Dear x", and then during a difficult time frame in school in which I didn't really have any real friends I found the song "Invisible" and it really meant a lot to me. I went to a concert in march and have been a devoted Disciple fan ever since.

Welcome.

with you being from Canada, I have to ask: watch/play hockey? If so what team?

"...the Lord has told you what is good, & this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, & to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8
notebooknut

by notebooknut Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:38 pm

Polish Tom wrote:
notebooknut wrote:Well, I've never lost a game of Clue in my life if that helps!

Another Note To Self: Now REALLY watch out for Tom. He's DEFINITELY a killer!

:p :mrgreen: :D

I'm in the library with the wrench.

Thank you, that makes my job a lot easier. Soooo, It was Colonel Tom, In the Library, with the Wrench? I think it's safe to make my accusation!
- Maddie

"Opposite as the day and night
As different as the sun and moon is
This is the reality of my duality
This WE needs to become a ME!"
- Jonathan Thulin, Jekyll & Hyde
Stix

by Stix Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:29 pm

Wassup? It's your homeboy Stix. I'm a teenage Christian Rapper. I'm actually not a fan of Disciple for there music. Your probably asking yourself "why is he here?" I'm here because I'm a fan of Disciple because they use the talents God gave them to glorify the Most High. Plus who doesn't want to be in a community of Christian music lovers. Also important notice I do ALOT of "broing" I call everyone bro so be prepared. If anyone wants to check out my music just head to: soundcloud.com/stixinthehouse Peace out and God Bless :cool:
-Your Homeboy Stix
notebooknut

by notebooknut Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:33 am

Aaaaaaaaaaaand for those of you who DON'T know this... Stix is one of my best friends... Has been since birth! (Oh, and don't freak. I've been working Disciple into him for a while. He said he likes "Crazy" the other day. I call that a breakthrough!!) ;)

Psssst - BRO.
- Maddie

Stephanie

by Stephanie Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:19 am

Polish Tom wrote:
Stephanie wrote:My name is Janique rhymes with unique for those who are wondering how to pronounce it, which is pretty much everyone who sees the name before they hear it. My user name is actually my middle name. I am from Saskatchewan Canada. I first heard of Disciple when my brothers and I got a ride home from Taekwon-do class. I don't know if they were actually listening to Disciple or Pillar, but that was when I heard the name for the first time. The first Disciple song that I listened to was "Dear x", and then during a difficult time frame in school in which I didn't really have any real friends I found the song "Invisible" and it really meant a lot to me. I went to a concert in march and have been a devoted Disciple fan ever since.

Welcome.

with you being from Canada, I have to ask: watch/play hockey? If so what team?

I don't watch hockey that much, ever since all of our channels went digital we don't have tv anyway. Not a huge sports person, but have played some street hockey. I had this thing for cheering for whatever team my dad cheered for and don't see a reason to change that now so I cheer for the Winnipeg Jets, even though I'm not from Manitoba.
Skilletx6

by Skilletx6 Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:08 pm

Hey. I'm Drew. I first heard Disciple on christianrock.net. The song was Radical. At the time I was just getting into the Christian rock scene listening to Skillet. I was amazed that a band could sound like this and be Christian. I have been hooked on Disciple ever since. I would say my favorite songs are "Game On" and "Angels and Demons"
notebooknut

by notebooknut Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:04 pm

Welcome, Drew! I'm a semi newbie for being obsessed with Disciple - so I get that! I hope you love the boards!
- Maddie

sassy1506

by sassy1506 Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:25 am

Skilletx6 wrote:Hey. I'm Drew. I first heard Disciple on christianrock.net. The song was Radical. At the time I was just getting into the Christian rock scene listening to Skillet. I was amazed that a band could sound like this and be Christian. I have been hooked on Disciple ever since. I would say my favorite songs are "Game On" and "Angels and Demons"

Welcome to the boards, Drew!
-Sam

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" -James 4:7
Skilletx6

by Skilletx6 Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:45 am

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. :D Disciple is awesome!!!!!!!
Stix

by Stix Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:17 pm

notebooknut wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaaand for those of you who DON'T know this... Stix is one of my best friends... Has been since birth! (Oh, and don't freak. I've been working Disciple into him for a while. He said he likes "Crazy" the other day. I call that a breakthrough!!) ;)

Psssst - BRO.

Yea Crazy by KB :D but yea what she said is true we've been friend since birth and will be till the end (yes I just rhymed ima rapper of course I rhyme) BUT she admits to like "Church Clothes" by Lecrae I call THAT a breakthrough ;)
-Your Homeboy Stix
notebooknut

by notebooknut Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:45 pm

No problem, man! You're one of us geeks now! XD and you couldn't be more right! Disciple IS awesome!
- Maddie

moguitar33

by moguitar33 Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:02 pm

Hey everyone. I'm Jeremy and earlier this year found myself back in church after about 15 years of trying to do life on my own. After I realized that wasn't going to work for much longer, I finally listened to a co-worker/friend's advice and went to a service with him. I was amazed! It was unlike any church service I had ever seen before. That day changed my life. I have since been baptized and serve as a guitarist in our worship team.

I found Disciple through Pandora one day. As someone who has been into hard rock/metal for many years, I was looking for something with a positive message...and then Disciple came through a station. That led to many YouTube views. I'm definitely a fan and find myself turning their music on when I need some energy or positive vibes.
ArthurLion#20

by ArthurLion#20 Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:16 pm

My name is Matthew, I live in the United States Maryland but will be moving to Nevada next week. My best friend was playing Disciple and I asked him the artist of the band of the music he was playing. That's how I found out about DIsciple and now days it's my favourite band. I love reading, writing, listening to music, and have intellectual political discussions with people. My favoruite reading genres are history, politics, philosophy, poetry, fantasy, and fiction. Top favourite books is The Founder's Bible, The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli, The Federalist Papers by Alexander Hamilton, The Silmarillion by Christopher Tolkien, Complete Works of William Shakespeare. My writing consists of journal entries of the chapters I read from The Bible ( if I have enough to write about). However, I'm also getting my ideas sorted out for my story I have been wanting to write for years. Music I listen to is metal, rock, country, classical, and instrumental. Favourite artists/bands are Disciple, Nine Lashes, Thousand Foot Crutch , Hunter Hayes, Jean-Philippe, Pillar, Owl City, Relient K, Fireflight, DC Talk, Adrian Von Ziegler, Wardruna, Two Steps From Hell, and Mark Petrie.
Polish Tom
Administrator

by Polish Tom Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:23 am

Hello there, new peeps.

notebooknut

by notebooknut Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:02 am

Welcome Jeremy and Matthew! You're welcome here! And to all you newbs-- BUY VULTURES!!! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Maddie

Unbroken426

by Unbroken426 Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:02 pm

bondiesl007 wrote:Bond here in Anderson sc. Recently play with bands at clubs and bars throughout south Carolina and one day it hit me. Being a single dad to a 3yr old girl I needed to change my ways. So I stepped away from that lifestyle and joined a Church. My daughter seemed to really like it there as well as I. Few weeks later Im asked to join the worship band. Been doing this a few months. We play things like hillsong. Jesus culture. Its been a real humbling experience. However coming from bands like Mudvayne slipknot and others Disciple has really opened my heart that there is so much more to worship music. Greatest worship band IMO.... Thanks for reading.

Another NewSpring member I"m guessing? Welcome! I go to NS Anderson campus as well. :)
"I'm coming out the other side unbroken"
UNBROKEN
Disciple

The Best Is Yet To Come!
mrszolldozer

by mrszolldozer Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:24 pm

technically not a newbie. i haven't been here for years. Jeannette is my name. I was from Indiana, but a year ago move to central Illinois with my family. i'm a pastor's wife with 2 kids(2 and 5 yrs old). Celebrating our 9th anniversary this month, my official title Christian Ed director and prayer room coordinator(not payed positions..lol). Teacher , mostly, to elementary kids at church, a missionary, mostly with Game Church, and what i able to do in between to spread God's love to people.
the short story: I realized the need for God grace and relationship, not just head knowledge of Him when i was 15 yrs old. i was depressed and despite, and found myself at a fest that Disciple played at. The message was received and the journey began. went to school to be a minister. Found my Hubby. Got married. Graduated. and so on.
Carrie t

by Carrie t Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:50 pm

moguitar33 wrote:Hey everyone. I'm Jeremy and earlier this year found myself back in church after about 15 years of trying to do life on my own. After I realized that wasn't going to work for much longer, I finally listened to a co-worker/friend's advice and went to a service with him. I was amazed! It was unlike any church service I had ever seen before. That day changed my life. I have since been baptized and serve as a guitarist in our worship team.

I found Disciple through Pandora one day. As someone who has been into hard rock/metal for many years, I was looking for something with a positive message...and then Disciple came through a station. That led to many YouTube views. I'm definitely a fan and find myself turning their music on when I need some energy or positive vibes.

wecome Jeremy! Disciple fan for years and years! Their music and relationship with our amazing God has shaped and inspired my relationship with Him!
You were the only one that could ever calm my sea
That separated me from what You knew I could be
Only You
hmalagisi

by hmalagisi Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:28 pm

Hi my name is Heidi!

I am from Wheat Ridge, CO.

I learned about Disciple last year when my brother and I went to Heavenfest. We couldn't stay for the entire concert but I heard Dead Militia and Radical and was instantly hooked.

I have 5 or 6 albums.

I just recently went to their concert on Sunday and got to meet them! It was one of the coolest nights ever!
Return to Chit Chat