Chit Chat (If you have topics that fit other forums, please post in the appropriate forum, otherwise post until your hearts content.)

Moderator: Bouncers

Unbroken426

Re: Introduce yourself! (A place for newbies.)

by Unbroken426 Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:18 pm

aSwedishDisciple wrote:Nice to read some of your stories!

I`m Jakob and I live in Sweden. I first learned about Disciple when I was in bible school in 2008 I think. Before Christ I liked bands as Pennywise, Backyard Babies and Yellow card. I was looking for good, hard Christian music and a friend of a friend showed me "by God" which I liked. Got the cd myself and has been a fan ever since. I think I have every cd since my debute except Southern Hospital.
I was at my first concert here in Sweden a week ago or so. It was in Gullbranna, close to Halmstad where I used to work as a youth pastor :) my 5 year old son joined me, he and his brothers have been listening to Disciple since they were babies ;)

Welcome to the boards! :D
"I'm coming out the other side unbroken"
UNBROKEN
Disciple

The Best Is Yet To Come!
navygirl78

by navygirl78 Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:58 am

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the boards. My name is Sarah I live in Lexington Ky. I wanted to join for bible study and encouragement. My bible study time has been sorely lacking as of late I hope this helps me be accountable. ID navygirl..... I was in the Navy for 8 years
notebooknut

by notebooknut Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:12 am

I`m Jakob and I live in Sweden. I first learned about Disciple when I was in bible school in 2008 I think. Before Christ I liked bands as Pennywise, Backyard Babies and Yellow card. I was looking for good, hard Christian music and a friend of a friend showed me "by God" which I liked. Got the cd myself and has been a fan ever since. I think I have every cd since my debute except Southern Hospital.
I was at my first concert here in Sweden a week ago or so. It was in Gullbranna, close to Halmstad where I used to work as a youth pastor :) my 5 year old son joined me, he and his brothers have been listening to Disciple since they were babies ;)

Hey!!! Welcome Jacob! I hope you have a flipping awesome time here as I do! And always remember I'm always just a PM away it you EVER need any help! God bless! Hey, random question- since you're from Sweden, ever heard of Blindside?
- Maddie

"Opposite as the day and night
As different as the sun and moon is
This is the reality of my duality
This WE needs to become a ME!"
- Jonathan Thulin, Jekyll & Hyde
aSwedishDisciple

by aSwedishDisciple Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:31 am

notebooknut wrote:

Hey!!! Welcome Jacob! I hope you have a flipping awesome time here as I do! And always remember I'm always just a PM away it you EVER need any help! God bless! Hey, random question- since you're from Sweden, ever heard of Blindside?

Thanks everybody!

Yes I have heard about Blindside :) haven't really stuck with me though when I've listened to them.
notebooknut

by notebooknut Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:28 pm

navygirl78 wrote:Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the boards. My name is Sarah I live in Lexington Ky. I wanted to join for bible study and encouragement. My bible study time has been sorely lacking as of late I hope this helps me be accountable. ID navygirl..... I was in the Navy for 8 years

Welcome Sarah, and thank you for you service!!!
- Maddie

navygirl78

by navygirl78 Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:41 am

Thanks.... you are most welcome. Those were great years. I miss my aircraft !
Abd-al-Messih

by Abd-al-Messih Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:49 pm

Hello everyone! I've been "lurking" (as they call it on other forums) for awhile but never joined - until now! (Well, a few weeks ago.)

Let's start at the beginning - which is usually a good place to start! My name is Jake, I'm in my late 20s, and I heard of Disciple ten years ago - after coming to Christ - when I began to buy a plethora of new Christian music. One of the first CDs (dating myself a little here) I bought was something called "X 2006," which for those who aren't familiar is basically a smorgasbord of Christian music in sort of a "NOW! That's what I call music" various-artists format (though let's be honest, most of those "NOW!" compilations aren't music at all). Disciple's "The Wait is Over" was featured on this album (which came out before the "Scars Remain" CD would hit the market later that year), and the first couple times I listened to it I wasn't too impressed. But then I saw the yellow self-titled album at a bookstore (a Borders I think, again, dating myself!) and picked it up... "Rise Up" and "Worth It All" blew me away. That's when I got into Disciple hardcore, and they've been a part of my music collection ever since. (Sidebar: I first caught them live at Spirit West Coast in California in 2007, but that's a different story).

I'm married, and have been for four years. (Interesting to mention that our "song" if we have one is "After the World.") This past March I took my wife to catch Disciple on the City RockFest tour in Wichita, and it was awesome. I think it was my fifth time seeing the guys (but first since about 2008), and they've gotten better every time I've seen them. It was the wife's first time seeing them, and she was impressed - especially when the band played a cover of Kari Jobe's "Forever." (Anyone know if there are plans for including this on a future release?)

I'm in the Midwest, in the land that gave us "Carry On Wayward Son" - the great state of Kansas. A previous line of work took me all over the place though, including to Disciple concerts.

An interesting tidbit: I'm fluent in Arabic to the point that many people think there are Arabs somewhere in my family tree - I'm pasty white though. For whatever reason I'm just fascinated by language. My screen name on here, " 'Abd-al-Messih" actually means "Servant of the Messiah," and my avatar image is the Arabic letter "nun" ن (equivalent to our "N"). You may have seen this letter on Facebook - when ISIS was spreading into Iraq, they were rounding up Christians and exiling them (or killing them), so Christians everywhere adopted images with that letter to show solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians who are being persecuted at the hands of ISIS. One of two words for "Christian" in Arabic is "Nasrani" نصراني , which more accurately translates to "Nazarene."

Whoops - that was entirely too much writing. Who am I trying to impress? If you made it this far, pat yourselves on the back! Great to be a part of this awesome community!
"Though my sins, they be as scarlet,
Though my hands have been an enemy of God
Though my heart has played the harlot
You gave me more than I deserve
When You washed my whole world as white as snow."
- Disciple, "Scarlet"
notebooknut

by notebooknut Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:09 am

Welcome Jake! :mrgreen:
- Maddie

aSwedishDisciple

by aSwedishDisciple Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:49 pm

Welcome Jake and nice to read your story. I made it to the end and now pat myself on the shoulder.
notebooknut

by notebooknut Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:24 pm

And Jake- take it from me- an author...there is no such thing as TOO much writing. I can't get myself to put down the pen sometimes! Totally get you there! Welcome to the Fanmily, man!
- Maddie

Polish Tom
Administrator

by Polish Tom Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:37 am

Hello new people!
"In paradise remember me. Romance me. Ransom me." - Disciple

"...the Lord has told you what is good, & this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, & to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8
Once4All

by Once4All Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:18 pm

Wow okay let me just say that I've been wanting to join for like a year but for some reason I was never getting the activation email :confused:
But I figured out for some reason hotmail doesn't receive them and I used a gmail and wala! So happy I can finally be a part of this.

Anyway, figured after that rant I can finally introduce myself!
My name is Sarah and I've probably been listening to Disciple for almost 2 years now? I can't quite remember, it's been a while! I just remember my first Disciple concert was one I actually went to see Nine Lashes at.... It was a City RockFest tour and I was super into Nine Lashes at the time and they were going to be playing early in the line up. I didn't even know about Disciple or even know they were the headliners because I was just so excited about Nine Lashes lol. Well as it turns out, Nine Lashes' bus broke down and they didn't make it to the show. But I got introduced to some other cool bands and most importantly, Disciple! As soon as the concert was over, I bought the "Attack" album straight away and have been hooked ever since! I'm slowly gathering all the albums and have a good handful of them now :3 Disciple's music has helped me through so much and I'm super glad to finally be a part of the community now!

Random facts about me I guess:
I love to write and draw
I'm currently wanting to learn guitar and I have taught myself a couple of things, but am kinda bummed because I'm having trouble playing chords and building callouses on my fingers so I can play for longer
I actually do kinda want to create my own band, but I have no idea where to start. I'd like to be lead singer more than anything because I've been told I have a great voice and I figured if God gave me a gift, I should use it. I'm also horribly afraid to sing in front of others, though, so that's a set back.

And yeah random stuff haha. Don't know what else to say, but super stoked to be on here now! :D
"I'm done trying to hide my life away from Mercy's eyes."
- Disciple, Once and For All
jy_nm

by jy_nm Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:56 pm

Hi guys! My name Jyryx Nama, I'm 27 years old and I'm from the Philippines and I belong to a local church called Heart Of Worship Church were I've been since my early teens. I got starting to discover Disciple when I learned that Josiah who was from Philmont joined this band.

I can easily say that God is good through and through in my life and He's been always faithful to his Word and will always be thankful for everything, He has provided for me and my family, and I am joyful to share as well my testimony and insights as we progress through this Bible study.

With that in mind, I would like to thank the band for having this kind of platform not only to interact but to encourage one another in Spirit and in Truth!

Again thank you and God bless!

==========

You can follow me here:
Instagram/Twitter - @jy_nm
My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIt29 ... 2hACQbjSqg
notebooknut

by notebooknut Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:16 pm

Welcome Sarah! I see we have a crazy amount of stuffs in common! I LOOOOVE to write, and draw, and I saw Disciple for the first time on City Rockfest with Nine Lashes!!!! And I play guitar, and know the struggle! :mrgreen:
- Maddie

Polish Tom
Administrator

by Polish Tom Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:38 pm

Hello new people
"In paradise remember me. Romance me. Ransom me." - Disciple

"...the Lord has told you what is good, & this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, & to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8
Once4All

by Once4All Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:05 am

notebooknut wrote:Welcome Sarah! I see we have a crazy amount of stuffs in common! I LOOOOVE to write, and draw, and I saw Disciple for the first time on City Rockfest with Nine Lashes!!!! And I play guitar, and know the struggle! :mrgreen:

Hi there! Ahh that's so awesome haha! :3 Nice to meet you and everyone else!
"I'm done trying to hide my life away from Mercy's eyes."
- Disciple, Once and For All
RaiserofCain

by RaiserofCain Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:18 am

Good morning! I am Steve, from northern Indiana. I am married with a 6 year old son, Cain(hence the username).
I have to admit, Cain and I are new fans of Disciple(they don't fit my wife's musical taste). Although I have been aware of them/seen their CDs at the store, etc., for whatever reason, I never really paid them much attention.
What changed? Well, a little over 2 weeks ago, I got to see Stryper, Petra, Whitecross, and 4 opening bands, in Indianapolis. I enjoyed all of the bands and let them know via Facebook. One of the bands, Chaotic Resemblance, let me know they would be returning to Indy in November, to open for Disciple.
After the Stryper show, Cain let me know he was jealous that his uncle and I went without him. I promised I would take him to a concert sometime, so when I found out about the Disciple show, the timing was perfect. I knew I already liked Chaotic Resemblance, but figured I had better check out Disciple beforehand. I have really been missing out!
As for other interests, I enjoy reading, board games, and running. I fix shoes for a living and, as someone who grew up watching Adam Sandler movies, it was pretty cool seeing him play me in The Cobbler a couple of years ago.
sassy1506

by sassy1506 Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:04 am

Welcome to the boards, Steve! Good on you for getting Cain hooked on good music early! He sounds like a cool little dude!
-Sam

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" -James 4:7
BLACK KNIGHT

by BLACK KNIGHT Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:54 pm

Hello, I'm Mike from Columbia, MD. I'm married with 3 kids. Unfortunately none of them have the same taste in music as me. They all like Christian contemporary but not hard rock/heavy metal. I am holding out hope for my 8 yr old daughter who rocked out a bit when she heard Ilia playing on youtube.

So I became a Disciple fan about a year ago when I first saw them at a Christian concert venue down the street from my house called GenXaret that I recently rediscovered. I say re-discovered because I went to a heavy metal concert there over a decade ago when a friend from church asked for assistance keeping an eye on the youth there. I thought it was a one time thing, didn't realize it was going to be a regular concert venue. I had never heard of Disciple, but after hearing them I was like shocked how good they were. I bought their Attack CD and every song was like awesome! Saw them again at GenXaret and picked up their Long Live the Rebels CD and looking forward to them coming back in April!!

So other than rocking out to music I like racing RC trucks with my 15 yr old son and my daughters when the occasionally play with them, playing with computers, and bicycling when the weather is nice.
sassy1506

by sassy1506 Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:29 pm

Hey, Mike! I'm from Maryland, too. I've hit every Disciple show that's been to Genxerat, so we've probably casually run into each other before. Heck, I was working merch for the guys in October, so I probably sold you LLTR. Welcome to the boards and I hope to meet you in April!
-Sam

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" -James 4:7
Return to Chit Chat