Chit Chat (If you have topics that fit other forums, please post in the appropriate forum, otherwise post until your hearts content.)

Moderator: Bouncers

WanderingStar
Bouncer

Re: Introduce yourself! (A place for newbies.)

by WanderingStar Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:40 pm

Welcome Heidi! It's nice to meet you! :D
- Mary

"Is it OK to not know, not have the answers, and simply be someone who is searching for Someone to save me?"

We are the Alliance:
www.facebook.com/DiscipleAlliance
www.twitter.com/discipalliance
Mus1cLov3r

by Mus1cLov3r Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:15 pm

Welcome, Heidi!
~Bradley, your neighborhood introvert

"The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace (Exodus 14:14)."

"You gave me more than I deserve, when You washed my whole world as white as snow" ~Scarlet
notebooknut

by notebooknut Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:27 pm

Welcome!
You'll always be welcome here!!!
If you ever need anyone to talk to- I am just a Pm away.
- Maddie

"Opposite as the day and night
As different as the sun and moon is
This is the reality of my duality
This WE needs to become a ME!"
- Jonathan Thulin, Jekyll & Hyde
sassy1506

by sassy1506 Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:04 pm

hmalagisi wrote:Hi my name is Heidi!

I am from Wheat Ridge, CO.

I learned about Disciple last year when my brother and I went to Heavenfest. We couldn't stay for the entire concert but I heard Dead Militia and Radical and was instantly hooked.

I have 5 or 6 albums.

I just recently went to their concert on Sunday and got to meet them! It was one of the coolest nights ever!

Welcome to the boards! You're stuck now!
-Sam

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" -James 4:7
notebooknut

by notebooknut Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:15 am

^ That was put a bit....FUNNY.
It's true. You're stuck with us now. But it's okay- we're not THAT insane. Just because I was the word "nut" in my title doesn't mean I AM one. XD XD I'm only a nut about notebooks! Aaaand, a few other things............ :twisted:
- Maddie

MontanaJanet

by MontanaJanet Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:45 am

Hi All! Well, I'm Janet - I'm from Montana originally, hence, the username :roll: but I currently live in Vancouver, WA. I went to see Winter Jam 2014 in Portland, OR and as I listened to and watched the guys perform, I was pulled right in. That night I bought 'buy one get one' of the Attack cd. Oddly, I didn't listen to the album for awhile, maybe 2 months before I finally got around to it! When I finally remembered that I had those 2 cd's, they'd been moved and I couldn't find them but when I did, I listened and have been a fan ever since! When they came around on the One Life Tour I went to see them twice. These guys ROCK for sure and now I'm hooked, plain & simple!

Some of my favorite Disciple songs are Someday, Remedy, Invisible, Deafening, Outlaws, Kings <<---- rock n ROLL!! Rise Up, Worth It All, 321, Awakening, More and Angels and Demons. Did I name enough?! :D Great! Plan to see them a couple of times on the City Rock Fest tour. Got Dinner w/Disciple VIP's already :mrgreen: Does that make me a true Disciple fan now? Thanks for having me as a guest, Disciple!
♫♪ You're Not Invisible To Me ♪♫
Blue Stallion

Location: Northern Kentucky (Just think of Smallville, Kansas)

by Blue Stallion Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:53 pm

Name's Jonah Michael Duncan of Northern Kentucky. I've been listening to Disciple for a long time. When my brother and I were little (well, I should say I was little, my older bro has always been huge) he would always get on the web and look up anything and everything Christian music and because my bro was cool, he let me listen in. I instantly became attached to a wide variety of different bands and songs to the point where I would be headbanging one song, and then acting like I was in a boyband the next (don't you judge my ADHD infested life). Disciple just happened to be one of those bands that stands the test of time with me. Eventually I heard of here and KA-BAM!!!!! Here I am.
notebooknut

by notebooknut Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:23 pm

^ Alright my peeps, Jonah here happens to be a really good friend of mine, so he's gotta be awesome if he's my buddy, right? Right. So yeah, Jonah is awesome!!
- Maddie

Mus1cLov3r

by Mus1cLov3r Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:38 pm

Welcome, Janet and Jonah! I hope you both have a great time here, like I do. :D
~Bradley, your neighborhood introvert

"The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace (Exodus 14:14)."

"You gave me more than I deserve, when You washed my whole world as white as snow" ~Scarlet
notebooknut

by notebooknut Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Bradley... It's impossible NOT to have a good time here!!!
- Maddie

sassy1506

by sassy1506 Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:25 am

Welcome to the boards, Jonah! Maddie's warned me about you :mrgreen:
-Sam

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" -James 4:7
notebooknut

by notebooknut Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:33 am

In a good way, lololol!!!
Hey, ya better watch out because this dude is awesome. XD
- Maddie

Liz1965

by Liz1965 Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:59 pm

HI My name is Karen. I got into Disciple music from listening to it on you tube and that is where my love with their music started. I live in Lockport, Ny, near Buffalo, Ny. I have not seen them in concert, cause they do not play in my area, otherwise I will be seeing them for sure. I enjoy the music, cause it helps me when I am depressed and lonely. They are the greatest in my eyes. glad to be here. thanks
Polish Tom
Administrator

by Polish Tom Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:33 am

Greetings newbies
"In paradise remember me. Romance me. Ransom me." - Disciple

"...the Lord has told you what is good, & this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, & to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8
notebooknut

by notebooknut Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:56 am

Welcome Karen!! I see we have the same reasons for listening to music- you are soo welcome here! And remember, if you're ever down 'n out, I'm always just a PM away. I'm a pretty good listener, and can relate to a lot. Anyways, I hope you have a blast on the boards! :)
- Maddie

Liz1965

by Liz1965 Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:09 pm

Thanks so much for the nice reply. I am always here if you need to talk to someone. have a great day. take care.
Unbroken426

by Unbroken426 Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:22 pm

hmalagisi wrote:Hi my name is Heidi!

I am from Wheat Ridge, CO.

I learned about Disciple last year when my brother and I went to Heavenfest. We couldn't stay for the entire concert but I heard Dead Militia and Radical and was instantly hooked.

I have 5 or 6 albums.

I just recently went to their concert on Sunday and got to meet them! It was one of the coolest nights ever!

Welcome to the boards Heidi! :D
"I'm coming out the other side unbroken"
UNBROKEN
Disciple

The Best Is Yet To Come!
wpaling5

by wpaling5 Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:15 pm

Hey I'm Tracy. I live in Michigan right across the river from Canada. Disciple has been my fave for prob around 10 years. Love to see them in concert every time!!! Although I do have to admit I am starting to feel like the oldie at the concert :lol: Took 2 of my nieces this last time(bad aunt-they had never heard of Disciple) and they loved it. The music was awesome but the message they got to hear made a huge impression. Loved it every time they'd turn and give me a thumbs up at the concert :) My boys wouldn't go to the concert this time but I still hear them singing along when I have Disciple on :lol: Someday I'll be cool again and they'll go with me ;)
aSwedishDisciple

by aSwedishDisciple Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:03 am

Nice to read some of your stories!

I`m Jakob and I live in Sweden. I first learned about Disciple when I was in bible school in 2008 I think. Before Christ I liked bands as Pennywise, Backyard Babies and Yellow card. I was looking for good, hard Christian music and a friend of a friend showed me "by God" which I liked. Got the cd myself and has been a fan ever since. I think I have every cd since my debute except Southern Hospital.
I was at my first concert here in Sweden a week ago or so. It was in Gullbranna, close to Halmstad where I used to work as a youth pastor :) my 5 year old son joined me, he and his brothers have been listening to Disciple since they were babies ;)
Unbroken426

by Unbroken426 Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:17 pm

wpaling5 wrote:Hey I'm Tracy. I live in Michigan right across the river from Canada. Disciple has been my fave for prob around 10 years. Love to see them in concert every time!!! Although I do have to admit I am starting to feel like the oldie at the concert :lol: Took 2 of my nieces this last time(bad aunt-they had never heard of Disciple) and they loved it. The music was awesome but the message they got to hear made a huge impression. Loved it every time they'd turn and give me a thumbs up at the concert :) My boys wouldn't go to the concert this time but I still hear them singing along when I have Disciple on :lol: Someday I'll be cool again and they'll go with me ;)

Welcome to the boards! So great to see some new faces on here! :D
"I'm coming out the other side unbroken"
UNBROKEN
Disciple

The Best Is Yet To Come!
Return to Chit Chat