Chit Chat (If you have topics that fit other forums, please post in the appropriate forum, otherwise post until your hearts content.)

Moderator: Bouncers

Polish Tom
Administrator

Introduce yourself! (A place for newbies.)

by Polish Tom Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:31 pm

Leave a few lines about yourself.
Name
etc...
You get the idea.
"In paradise remember me. Romance me. Ransom me." - Disciple

"...the Lord has told you what is good, & this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, & to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8
ClothedInRoses

Re: Introduce yourself! (A place for newbies.)

by ClothedInRoses Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Hey! I was wondering if there was a spot for this!

I'm Sarah, from central Minnesota. I first heard about Disciple when my friend Christy got the Scars Remain deluxe CD. Didn't actually like them that much at the time ( :blush: ), but it kind of grew on me. I got to see them at Higher Ground 2009 and decided when I heard Kevin's message that they were a lot better than I thought. :) Just got to see them again with TFK, in Minneapolis.
--Sarah
Dear X

by Dear X Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:24 pm

This would have been nice to have back when I first joined. :evil:

Haha, just kidding.

Well, I'm Micah and I live on the border of Michigan/Indiana. It's a pretty boring place but it's still pretty cool. Um, my first technical Disciple concert was at Lifest when I was 8 years old(ish). I was with my brother and cousin and we were following our church's youth group around trying to see if they wouldn't notice. They went to the stage Disciple was playing on and we followed them there. I was pretty short so I don't really remember that much about it.

Fast forward 9 years. I had just started listening to Christian rock for the first time. I was listening to Christianrock.net and Romance Me came on. I don't know why, but my brother and I thought the song was funny and terrible. Then I saw the video for Scars Remain on TVU and I thought Disciple was a screamo band so I shut them out completely. Well, back when Dear X was released bandmonkey08 made me listen to it. I'm a sucker for strings in rock so I liked it. I didn't love it but I still thought it was a good song.
When the pre-order for H&HG was available, Liz and Jen shared the album with me if I promised to pre-order it (I DID end up ordering it...I'm not a moocher). I heard Dear X, Invisible, Shot, Battle Lines...the songs blew me away and over the past few months Disciple has grown on me to the point where I love them. And Romance Me is my favorite Disciple song now. Go figure.

My most recent Disciple concert song was tonight. Kevin's screams blew me away. :D

My favorite Disciple songs are (in order):
Romance Me/Shot, Invisible, Battle Lines, Dear X

Disciple CDs owned:
Horseshoes and Hand Grenades, H&HG B-sides, Scars Remain
mr.linski

by mr.linski Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:51 pm

My name is Andrew i live in Northeast, Ohio. I got into disciple by chance...I first started getting into metal and my dad wanted to make sure i was listening to good clean music...so he started searching the web for a christian metal group and Disciple is what he found. My first album was This Might Sting A Little and then i came to owning them all! I used to love bands like Van Halen and other 80s groups, in fact Van Halen used to be my favorite...Now I don't even listen to them anymore, cause Disciple is like a million times better (and even that doesn't do it justice) Ive seen disciple 3 times and all withing the last 6 months! Now more personally, I love playing guitar and writing music/poetry (in fact i have one piece posted on this site), I love playing baseball (played it competitively since i was 4). I don't know what else to say soooooo I guess thats it???
KleinesLicht

by KleinesLicht Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:38 pm

mr.linski wrote:My name is Andrew i live in Northeast, Ohio. I got into disciple by chance...I first started getting into metal and my dad wanted to make sure i was listening to good clean music...so he started searching the web for a christian metal group and Disciple is what he found. My first album was This Might Sting A Little and then i came to owning them all! I used to love bands like Van Halen and other 80s groups, in fact Van Halen used to be my favorite...Now I don't even listen to them anymore, cause Disciple is like a million times better (and even that doesn't do it justice) Ive seen disciple 3 times and all withing the last 6 months! Now more personally, I love playing guitar and writing music/poetry (in fact i have one piece posted on this site), I love playing baseball (played it competitively since i was 4). I don't know what else to say soooooo I guess thats it???

I love that story of yours! Tell your Dad how much I like what he did :mrgreen:
Polish Tom wrote:
VOTE!
VOTE!
VOTE!

I am totally in love with the Welch family!

T-Rent wrote: What's this twitter thing everyone keeps talking about? ;)
mr.linski

by mr.linski Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:47 pm

Thanks im glad you enjoyed it! I told my dad and he said he will respond tomorrow and give his own testimony.
KleinesLicht

by KleinesLicht Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:58 pm

mr.linski wrote:Thanks im glad you enjoyed it! I told my dad and he said he will respond tomorrow and give his own testimony.

That's too cool! I can't wait
Polish Tom wrote:
VOTE!
VOTE!
VOTE!

mr.linski

by mr.linski Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:02 pm

Alright, cool ill let him know of you anticipation tomorrow before we both go to work!!!
Disciple Stac

by Disciple Stac Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:02 am

Thanks for adding the newbie page! That's me for sure. I'm Stac and I live North of Nashville in TN. (go Titans and Vols) and it's just a freak accident I started listening to Disciple. I've only been a Christian for 2 and a half years but I've always been a music/concert chick. So once I became a Christian I wanted to tap into the music. I listen to the Way and they did a commercial for a festival in KY that Disciple was playing at...I heard a snipet of Whatever Reason...when they said Disciple, it somehow rang a bell...maybe I'd heard of them before in my previous headbanging days? I thought they were on the harder side. Anyway- I came to the website and you could listen to pieces of every song on SOHO...I went out immediately and bought it. Then as soon as Horseshoes came out I went and got it and Scars....then I got Back Again, Disciple and Things Left Unsaid. I will go get the rest as well....I mean HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE that the band puts every scripture they get the songs from on there? AMAZING! it just blew me away and now I can't listen to anything else because, frankly, nothing is as good. :p I have too many favorite songs to list....they are all excellent and speak to me in their own way! and I can't wait- hopefully I will get to see them live soon!
Last edited by Disciple Stac on Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
boughtbyJC

by boughtbyJC Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 am

WOOT WOOT!! Another Tennessean! :mrgreen:
~Jennifer

I thought it fitting considering the rocky terrain.
Disciple Stac

by Disciple Stac Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:18 am

yeah buddy, born and raised all my life :D seems like i missed all the southern dates they must have played...but I hope they come back close. everyone talks about the live show so much i just can't stand it! if they come remotely close, i'll have to try and go :p
boughtbyJC

by boughtbyJC Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:26 am

I'm hoping they will have a Nashville or West Tennessee date soon. It's been over a year since I've seen them, and I'm going through withdrawals. :p They're live shows are awesome. :cool:
~Jennifer

I thought it fitting considering the rocky terrain.
Disciple Stac

by Disciple Stac Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:38 am

oh yeah, if they played in Nashville, that would be SWEET! East/West Tn- it doesn't matter...I'm going to have to make the trip to see them regardless! I'll even go out of state...I'm not picky! :p
Polish Tom
Administrator

by Polish Tom Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:16 am

Welcome everyone!
Please consider helping out the band by visiting the "Voting" thread and clicking on a few of the links.

God bless you guys/girls.
"In paradise remember me. Romance me. Ransom me." - Disciple

"...the Lord has told you what is good, & this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, & to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8
bigdana

by bigdana Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:15 pm

KleinesLicht wrote:
mr.linski wrote:Thanks im glad you enjoyed it! I told my dad and he said he will respond tomorrow and give his own testimony.

Hi KleinesLicht! I'm Andrews dad and my name is Dana. To start with, I accepted Jesus when I was 21 yrs old and in The Air Force in Alaska. When I was around 30, I stopped going to church and became bitter etc., and unreceptive towards God. Fast forward to last year. I was 44 at the time ( I am now 45 ), and Andrew kept telling me about these different screamo/metal bands that the kids at his school ( Open Door Christian School ) were listening to. I went online and looked up christian heavy metal bands. I found a site that had around 100 bands from A-Z. I liked some of the stuff, but nothing really impressed me. In my younger days, I listened to Kiss, Ac/dc, The Police ( my favorite back then ) etc. I listened for hours, and I think I looked up bands for days. I saw a group called Disciple, and figured I listened to a ton already, so why not listen to one more? When I listened to them, I couldn't believe it! I said, "Man these guys sound awesome, and listen to the words they're saying!" What started out as me looking for good sounding, yet wholesome music for my son, ended with me buying Disciple for myself! Ha! Through that and other events, I asked Jesus to come back into my life and started going back to church!
KleinesLicht

by KleinesLicht Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:10 pm

@Dana: great to have you on board!
I think it's pretty sweet that you were trying to get some good music to forward to you son. I can tell, with Disciple he'll get probably the best lyrical influence ever :mrgreen:
Plus included in the package of a 5piece band is a crazy but totally adorable and hugh family! :blush:
Polish Tom wrote:
VOTE!
VOTE!
VOTE!

Bob

by Bob Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:14 pm

bigdana wrote:
KleinesLicht wrote:

Hi KleinesLicht! I'm Andrews dad and my name is Dana. To start with, I accepted Jesus when I was 21 yrs old and in The Air Force in Alaska. When I was around 30, I stopped going to church and became bitter etc., and unreceptive towards God. Fast forward to last year. I was 44 at the time ( I am now 45 ), and Andrew kept telling me about these different screamo/metal bands that the kids at his school ( Open Door Christian School ) were listening to. I went online and looked up christian heavy metal bands. I found a site that had around 100 bands from A-Z. I liked some of the stuff, but nothing really impressed me. In my younger days, I listened to Kiss, Ac/dc, The Police ( my favorite back then ) etc. I listened for hours, and I think I looked up bands for days. I saw a group called Disciple, and figured I listened to a ton already, so why not listen to one more? When I listened to them, I couldn't believe it! I said, "Man these guys sound awesome, and listen to the words they're saying!" What started out as me looking for good sounding, yet wholesome music for my son, ended with me buying Disciple for myself! Ha! Through that and other events, I asked Jesus to come back into my life and started going back to church!

Stories like this put a huge smile on my face and makes me proud that Disciple is my favorite band.

Thank you so much for posting this and praise God.

Oh, and welcome to the boards.
mr.linski

by mr.linski Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:16 pm

KleinesLicht wrote:@Dana: great to have you on board!
I think it's pretty sweet that you were trying to get some good music to forward to you son. I can tell, with Disciple he'll get probably the best lyrical influence ever :mrgreen:
Plus included in the package of a 5piece band is a crazy but totally adorable and hugh family! :blush:

Well actually this was a while back when this took place, but i agree disciple is the best lyrical heavy hitting band ever!!! total beasts...haha
TheDuck

by TheDuck Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:53 pm

Well Im Ducky! Im kind of new, but not really? I was a member OH so long ago, when the board had maybe 500 members lol...but that was about 8-10 years ago.

I am now in north/central Kentucky, but originally from AZ. I grew up in a house of heavy Christian rock. My dad was also one of the original members years ago and he said it was ok for me to join when I was a teenager.

I am now married, we just celebrated our fourth anniversary a couple days ago and have a little girl who will be one in Dec.
Bob

by Bob Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:04 pm

Welcome, The Duck!

I live in Northern Kentucky as well. :)
Return to Chit Chat