Chit Chat (If you have topics that fit other forums, please post in the appropriate forum, otherwise post until your hearts content.)

Moderator: Bouncers

Free

Your Logo meaning?

by Free Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:12 pm

I really like your music, and what you've done over the years. Thank you.
Curious... what is your logo, the X with what looks like a flag posted in the center of it?
Thank you. God's speed, protection, and provisions, as you charge forward carrying the light into this present darkness.
Polish Tom
Administrator

Re: Your Logo meaning?

by Polish Tom Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:46 am

chi-rho
/ˈkī ˌrō/
noun
a monogram of chi (Χ) and rho (Ρ) as the first two letters of Greek Khristos Christ, used as a Christian symbol.
"In paradise remember me. Romance me. Ransom me." - Disciple

"...the Lord has told you what is good, & this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, & to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8
Free

by Free Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:17 am

Cool. So, what does it mean, or why did you (you all) choose this symbol? Is there a story behind it? I think it looks cool, and people ask me what that symbol on the shirt means. Those who are familiar with the band recognize it right away, but they ask me about it too. I'd like to know, and I'd like to be able to answer those questions too.
Thank you for responding to this Deep Deep question ; )
WanderingStar
Bouncer

by WanderingStar Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:54 pm

The chi-rho, as Tom shared, is a symbol representing the name of Christ. Christians in the early church developed it as a way of representing in particular the victory they had through Jesus's death on the cross. Later, the symbol would be adopted by the first Roman emperor to become a Christian, Constantine. Constantine adapted the chi-rho for use in his battle standards, to send his soldiers into the fight marked with a symbol of victory through Christ. The symbol would be used by a few later Roman emperors as well.

Hopefully all of that should explain why our friends in Disciple chose it: it represents Jesus, His cross, His resurrection, and the victory we have through Him. :)
- Mary

"Is it OK to not know, not have the answers, and simply be someone who is searching for Someone to save me?"

We are the Alliance:
www.facebook.com/DiscipleAlliance
www.twitter.com/discipalliance
Return to Chit Chat