The place to be if you want to share or need some tabs.

Moderators: CaptainPado, Bouncers

Mus1cLov3r

Bring the Dead to Life chords?

by Mus1cLov3r Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:27 pm

So, I'm trying to learn "Bring the Dead to Life," and I think that the verses go like: Am7, Cmaj7, Em, G; but I'm a newbie, so I'm hoping that someone who's more experienced can correct me if I'm wrong.
~Bradley, your neighborhood introvert

"The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace (Exodus 14:14)."

"You gave me more than I deserve, when You washed my whole world as white as snow" ~Scarlet
Mus1cLov3r

Re: Bring the Dead to Life chords?

by Mus1cLov3r Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:08 am

I should also add that I play each chord for four beats, I suppose.

"You gave me more than I deserve, when You washed my whole world as white as snow" ~Scarlet
New_Creation

by New_Creation Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:48 am

I just had a listen. Pretty sure it's Am7 C F G for the verse (I can't hear the major 7th in the C chord except for the vocals on the first syllable of 'darkness' - maybe try playing a C chord while leaving the B string open to get the major 7th note, then immediately hammer on first fret to resolve it to a regular C). Then F C F C for the prechorus and C Bb F G for the chorus.
Mus1cLov3r

by Mus1cLov3r Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:51 am

New_Creation wrote:I just had a listen. Pretty sure it's Am7 C F G for the verse (I can't hear the major 7th in the C chord except for the vocals on the first syllable of 'darkness' - maybe try playing a C chord while leaving the B string open to get the major 7th note, then immediately hammer on first fret to resolve it to a regular C). Then F C F C for the prechorus and C Bb F G for the chorus.

Thank you.. a lot! :D

Mus1cLov3r

by Mus1cLov3r Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:03 am

But wait a minute... I was actually kind of close; I was expecting to be way off.

New_Creation

by New_Creation Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:45 am

Mus1cLov3r wrote:But wait a minute... I was actually kind of close; I was expecting to be way off.

Just keep listening. Training your ears is really difficult and to be honest I'm still not very good at it. Just keep trying to tune and learn songs by ear - and then learn to trust your ears. I can't tell you how many times I've seen chords/tabs/tutorials on the internet that are wrong - the only way to be sure is to listen. And there are little tricks you can use as well - listening to the bassline is the most common, but you can also check if the melody line 'fits' on top of a chord, and you should definitely be able to hear the difference between major and minor (though that gets more complicated when you start introducing seventh chords and things like that).
Mus1cLov3r

by Mus1cLov3r Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:37 am

New_Creation wrote:
Mus1cLov3r wrote:But wait a minute... I was actually kind of close; I was expecting to be way off.

Just keep listening. Training your ears is really difficult and to be honest I'm still not very good at it. Just keep trying to tune and learn songs by ear - and then learn to trust your ears. I can't tell you how many times I've seen chords/tabs/tutorials on the internet that are wrong - the only way to be sure is to listen. And there are little tricks you can use as well - listening to the bassline is the most common, but you can also check if the melody line 'fits' on top of a chord, and you should definitely be able to hear the difference between major and minor (though that gets more complicated when you start introducing seventh chords and things like that).

Thanks for the tips!

Return to Guitar Tabs