The place to be if you want to share or need some tabs.

Moderators: CaptainPado, Bouncers

QuickTwist

New to guitar.

by QuickTwist Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:16 pm

I just picked up my guitar and I suck. What do you think of this:

Cord progression: E,G something,C,D,F,C,G (something),E repeate

------------0----------------------3--------------------0--------------------3-----------------1------------0------------------0-------
--------0------0---------------3------3-------------1-----1-------------3------3----------1-----1------1-----------------0------0---
----1--------------1-------0-------------0------0------------0------2-------------2-----2----------2-------2--------1--------------1
-------------------------------------------------------------------0--------------------3------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------3------------------------------------------------------------3-----------------------------
0----------------------3------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------3--0-------------------

Repeat.

I'm open to constructive critisism.
[center]Hi! :) How are you doing today?[/center]
Lainie
Bouncer

Re: New to guitar.

by Lainie Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:24 pm

I can find chords on guitar but I can't play worth a darn. I took a couple months of lessons, but didn't have the dedication to practice. I do, however, play piano and have a minor in music theory. Are all of these chords major? I assume they are since you didn't distinguish otherwise. E Major to G Major is kind of jarring because you have a G# in EMaj and then switch to G-natural. Good chord progressions have a structure and they flow well if there's a common note between one chord and the next. If you started with e-minor and moved to G (Maj OR Minor), that would flow better because G-natural is a common tone in both chords. Clear as mud?
The Disciple fan-mily are just the friends I haven't necessarily met yet :)
Ric

by Ric Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:01 am

:confused:

Please excuse me while I go scoop up my brain.
"Yes, I am coming soon." -Jesus
QuickTwist

by QuickTwist Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:40 pm

@Lianie, So it doesn't work? I was looking at it in a numbers perspective and there seemed to be a pattern but I don't know if this means anything or not.

@Ric, I have no idea what you mean by that. Is it Good, Bad, Doesn't make sense?

I just played it one day and I thought it sounded cool.
[center]Hi! :) How are you doing today?[/center]
disciple freak 101

by disciple freak 101 Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:47 pm

Its not wrong if you wrote it and like it then let it be. You merely would have to be careful with more the one instrument playing the chords that no solos or whatnot over your progression then it will sound bad cause your contradicting your own progression but as it is your fine, if you do solo over it, just change keys each time you go to solo
Can you feel this phoenix rising?
Return to Guitar Tabs