Discuss your favorite verses, ask questions about passages, etc.

Moderator: Bouncers

Unbroken426

Proverbs 31

by Unbroken426 Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:17 pm

In Proverbs 31 it speaks about the Virtuous woman. These verses have always confused me. She seems so perfect and put together. Like her life is flawless. No woman I know has a life like that. It almost seems impossible to live up to those standards.

I've heard it's not about just one woman but several. Which makes me feel a little better. :mrgreen:

What are your opinions on these verses? Do you know of a good bible study on these passages? I would love to dig more into them.
"I'm coming out the other side unbroken"
UNBROKEN
Disciple

The Best Is Yet To Come!
ECCENTRICSHEEP

Re: Proverbs 31

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:39 pm

"She is clothed with Disciple shirts and hoodies" oh that's me! :P

I've never studied that chapter in depth. Obviously since I am not like that at all.
THE ECCENTRIC SHEEP MUSINGS

TO THOSE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST DEPRESSION
http://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep-m ... epression/

SELF INJURY AWARENESS DAY POST
https://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep- ... ury-story/
Unbroken426

by Unbroken426 Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:58 pm

ECCENTRICSHEEP wrote:"She is clothed with Disciple shirts and hoodies" oh that's me! :P

I've never studied that chapter in depth. Obviously since I am not like that at all.

Haha! Yes!

I desire to marry one day but if that's what Godly men are looking for...then good gracious I'm sorry that's not me. I try my best to live for Christ and I'm working and preparing for marriage even now but I will never live up to those standards. Not perfectly anyways.
UNBROKEN
Disciple

The Best Is Yet To Come!
ECCENTRICSHEEP

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:26 pm

I think a balance of striving for these but also being yourself is important. Because we aren't always are real self at the beginning of relationships. I remember trying so hard not to wear the same thing 2 dates in a row at first lol. But then we get comfortable after like a year or so and show our real colors, and there shouldn't be any real colors to show...we should have been ourselves the whole time. None of this trying to be perfect and what they want to get a second date. Maybe people want the fake at first I don't know, I would think showing the truth at first would save a lot of trouble later on when you realized "well maybe this isn't the person i thought they were".

And that's not totally fair because its different when you go from not living with someone to living with them...there definitely will be stuff you didn't know before that you will learn moving into closer quarters with them. But when you move away from that infatuation we all get high on at first there needs to be some truth there instead of a bunch of lies put on to impress people.

I don't know why I'm rambling on this but oh well, too late lol
THE ECCENTRIC SHEEP MUSINGS

TO THOSE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST DEPRESSION
http://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep-m ... epression/

SELF INJURY AWARENESS DAY POST
https://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep- ... ury-story/
Unbroken426

by Unbroken426 Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:38 pm

ECCENTRICSHEEP wrote:I think a balance of striving for these but also being yourself is important. Because we aren't always are real self at the beginning of relationships. I remember trying so hard not to wear the same thing 2 dates in a row at first lol. But then we get comfortable after like a year or so and show our real colors, and there shouldn't be any real colors to show...we should have been ourselves the whole time. None of this trying to be perfect and what they want to get a second date. Maybe people want the fake at first I don't know, I would think showing the truth at first would save a lot of trouble later on when you realized "well maybe this isn't the person i thought they were".

And that's not totally fair because its different when you go from not living with someone to living with them...there definitely will be stuff you didn't know before that you will learn moving into closer quarters with them. But when you move away from that infatuation we all get high on at first there needs to be some truth there instead of a bunch of lies put on to impress people.

I don't know why I'm rambling on this but oh well, too late lol

I agree! I desire someone that I can be myself around all the time. Even in the beginning I want to be comfortable enough to be me.
UNBROKEN
Disciple

The Best Is Yet To Come!
lappinglivingwater

by lappinglivingwater Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:20 pm

I think it's a model to strive for, just like the virtues of Christ are a model for husbands to strive for.

But in a spiritual sense, the virtues of the virtuous woman are a model for the church to strive for, whereas Christ is the groom of the church. So in a spiritual sense, there is no gender involved - it applies to women and men.
"If you can believe, all things are possible to the person who believes."
~Mark 9:23

My posts reflect what I believe; please don't take them as me telling you what you have to believe - your time in study and prayer will tell you that.
SabJ

by SabJ Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:36 am

I think there are two (or maybe just one) important points Lemuel the king of Massa wanted to tell. (Pv 31,1)

First is shown in Vers 3. "Give not your strength unto women, nor your ways to that which destroys kings." Do not give your strengh unto women or something earthly. It is repeated in Vers 30a "Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain".
Vers 4-9 explains the second part of Vers 3. I think it's kind like "don't do this, but do this one".
In vers 10-29 Lemuel wrote about kind like the perfect woman. But i think the bigest point is written in vers 30-31. "Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that fears the LORD, she shall be praised. *Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates."
As man you should search for a woman that fears the LORD. As woman you should search for a man that fears the LORD.

So in my opinion the main message of this Chapter is: Fear the LORD, life for his will and find a person who fears the LORD to merry.
There is mutch more you can earn in this Chapter but this is the central message, i think.
Return to The Word