Discuss your favorite verses, ask questions about passages, etc.

Moderator: Bouncers

Stephanie

something I read today

by Stephanie Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:42 am

Today I read Romans 12 and one thing that stood out to me was verse 17.
Live in harmony with each other. Don't be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don't think you know it all!

There are two different things that I noticed in this verse. Why does it say "ordinary people?" Are we not all somewhat ordinary even though we are all different?
Another thing I noticed is that we are not suppose to think we know everything. Not knowing an answer to a question that someone may have about God, in my opinion, makes a Christian seem more genuine. I've heard people accuse Christians of being fake. Maybe admitting that you don't know all the answers could be a really good thing.
The fact also came to mind that some cults started as a young man, often in his teen years, thinking that he knew more about the Bible than the teachers in his church. Some of these men didn't even have much general education.
BIONICDAVEjr

Re: something I read today

by BIONICDAVEjr Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:34 pm

Stephanie,
As I am currently attending GCU online, I just took a Contemporary Theology class to which all these very, very intelligent men, whom were professors and famous theologians, (to the world) and yet they believed that they knew more than God, or that He just didn't know how to communicate so THIS is what He meant, etc...
First and foremost must be Christ. He is the Word and as John 14:6 says, I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me." Amen? Do not worry too much about what others do, as the devil will distract you with their problems, instead of you following Christ. :-) Be Blessed, and keep reading His Word!!!
Return to The Word