Discuss your favorite verses, ask questions about passages, etc.

Moderator: Bouncers

Janiene22

Favorite Verses

by Janiene22 Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:45 pm

What are some of y'alls favorite verses and why ?

Some of mine are

Exodus 14:14 "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."
I love this verse because it just shows Gods love, and knowing that he thinks we are worth fighting for

Colossians 1:13 "He rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us in to the kingdom of the son he loves."
This a favorite because once again it shows God's love for us, I mean how amazing is it that God calls us outof darkness and brings us into his kingdom to be with him!!

1 ;ohn 4:8 "Above all else love deeply for love covers over a multitude of sins."
I like this one because it helps me realize that grudges are really stupid and that we need to forgive and love people even when they seem unlovable

And then of course

;eremiah 29:11 "6or I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord plans to prosper you and not to harm you plans to give you hope and a future."
This has always been one of my favorites because it gives hope but not only that my mom gave me this
Verse when I was little and called it my verse so I've always held it close to my heart and called it my verse
ShArP

Re: Favorite Verses

by ShArP Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:49 am

here are mine:

Quotes
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. - Romans 1:16

He keeps the feet of His godly ones, But the wicked ones are silenced in darkness; For not by might shall a man prevail. - 1 Samuel 2:9

Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you. - James 4:7

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. - Romans 1:16 (which basically says: "I am not ashamed of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.")

He keeps the feet of His godly ones, But the wicked ones are silenced in darkness; For not by might shall a man prevail. - 1 Samuel 2:9

Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you. - James 4:7

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. - Psalm 111:10

Jesus Wept - John 11:35

The LORD is a friend to those who fear him. He teaches them his covenant. - Psalm 25:14

Through God ALL things are possible - Matthew 19:26

If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. - John 15:19

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. - 1 John 4:18

The fool says in his heart,"There is no God." - Psalm 14:1

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that very well. - Psalm 139:14
Disciple Stac

by Disciple Stac Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Here's a few of mine.

My favorite is:
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son Of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2:20
it just reminds me that this life is not mine...and I should live it as if you could see Christ in me because He loved me so much.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14
reminds me to watch what I say and think before I criticize or talk about someone...I just need to shut my mouth and pray!

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
we just have to give everything to him...pray about everything!

And basically the whole book of James....there are so many good rules to live by that I can't narrow it down to any one thing. I just read the whole book from time to time for a refresher. :D
Bob

by Bob Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:29 pm

Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21. Ha ha!

My favorite is Philippians 1:21, "For me, to live is Christ, to die is gain."
bandmonkey08

by bandmonkey08 Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:31 pm

matthew 28:20

"and surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age"

i know it's part of the great commission but it's also GREAT for when you need to remember you're not alone :)

1 john 1:9

"God is light, in him there is no darkness at all"

NONE! i just LOVE that!! ♥

james 4:8

"draw near to God and he will draw near to you"

those are my top 3 faves, but my number one has to be proverbs 3:5-6,,
the first i memorized cuz i wanted to :) but...if you don't know it, i will let
you look that one up :P
~Liz

"i choose to be alive
especially because the
odds say i should die"
-lacey sturm

We are the Alliance:
http://www.facebook.com/DiscipleAlliance
GuitarDude22

by GuitarDude22 Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:53 pm

Every word of God is flawless; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him." - Proverbs 30:5

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed - Proverbs 16:3

1 Chronicles 17:16-27 "David's Prayer in thanksgiving"

In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people... -Acts 2:17

And my speech and my preaching [was] not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power - 1 Corinthians 2:4

God is bigger.
veronica23

by veronica23 Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:25 am

Act 17:28a, "For in Him we live and move and have our being."

Philippians 2:5-11, "Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Colossians 3:23, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."

Ezekiel 36:25-26, "I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."

These verses remind me of who I am in Christ, how I should live my life and how much He loves me that He would do all of this for me. He wants so badly to have a deep relationship with me and change me into a new person if only I let Him. It's really cool.
For in Him we live and move and have our being. -Acts 17:28a

But sometimes faith's the brightest when you're not looking down. But when the fire fills your eyes and you see love is all around you.
heidi.

by heidi. Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:46 am

bible.
lappinglivingwater

by lappinglivingwater Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:05 pm

One of my favourite passages is:

For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the Word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection [i.e. complete maturity]; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will we do, if God permit.
~Hebrews 5:12-6:3

I take this as a challenge both in what I know about God's word and in maturity in my actions... and I like a challenge! Dig deeper!
"If you can believe, all things are possible to the person who believes."
~Mark 9:23

My posts reflect what I believe; please don't take them as me telling you what you have to believe - your time in study and prayer will tell you that.
Michael

by Michael Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:14 pm

Psalm 27:10.
Vambram

by Vambram Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:29 pm

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV
Jesusfreak777

by Jesusfreak777 Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:30 am

One of my favorite verses is Isaiah 40:31
"but those who trust in the Lord
will renew their strength;
they will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary;
they will walk and not faint."
- Jesse
notebooknut

by notebooknut Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:29 am

"For we do not have a God who can not sympathize with our weaknesses but one who has been temped in all things as we are and yet without sing. Therefore let us draw humbly and with confidence to his throne of grace so we may receive mercy and find help!"
- Maddie

"Opposite as the day and night
As different as the sun and moon is
This is the reality of my duality
This WE needs to become a ME!"
- Jonathan Thulin, Jekyll & Hyde
Michael

by Michael Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:34 pm

"Even if my own mother and father should give up on me and want nothing else to do with me, STILL GOD will take me in and take care of me as one of His very own."

Psalm 27:10
Return to The Word