Discuss your favorite verses, ask questions about passages, etc.

Moderator: Bouncers

Godrocks

Re: UFO's and the Bible

by Godrocks Tue May 27, 2008 8:38 pm

Wow, that was good. It just shows how amazing and how perfect God's plan for the world is.

Also, I've been thinking about this for a while, and scienctists always have a reason why things exist. "This created this and this created that." But, they never answer how the first thing in the universe was created. When the universe was void, how did the first atom come into the universe? They never answer that.

Again, that was awsome.

by Michael Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:44 pm

Not really dealing with UFO's, but it does deal with some Quantam Physics / almost Sci-Fi stuff:

Not a debate on this, but just something to think about. This will get the brain thinking:

Could there be another you out there somewhere? 2 you's out there. One here on Earth, and one on an alternate earth?

"Every action has an equal and opposite reaction."

Stuff that you never had a chance for here and now, the other you would have the chance where they are at.

Stuff that was denied to you here and now, is open to the other you.

Stuff you could only dream for here and now, might be what the other you is already doing and already has.

Well, Jesus died for ALL of humanity. You and any other you's out there. Everyone, no matter who they are, has a chance for Savaltion and to get into The Blessings of GOD. Jesus died for you and maybe the other you's out there too.

Something to think about.
ShArP

by ShArP Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:56 pm

punk you made my brain work... :p

well I always say this, "I believe that there is other life out there because if the scientists say that the universe is "SO" big then there should be more life, but we can never prove or disprove if the "aliens" have ever visted us until they come and say if they ever have before."

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ravenhood

by Ravenhood Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:27 pm

Michael wrote:Not really dealing with UFO's, but it does deal with some Quantam Physics / almost Sci-Fi stuff:

Not a debate on this, but just something to think about. This will get the brain thinking:

Could there be another you out there somewhere? 2 you's out there. One here on Earth, and one on an alternate earth?

Stuff that you never had a chance for here and now, the other you would have the chance where they are at.

Stuff you could only dream for here and now, might be what the other you is already doing and already has.

Well, Jesus died for ALL of humanity. You and any other you's out there. Everyone, no matter who they are, has a chance for Savaltion and to get into The Blessings of GOD. Jesus died for you and maybe the other you's out there too.

just wondering then, you are basically saying that the other us's are connected to us somehow yes?

one piece ( a soul or something like that for lack of a better word) shared among an inumerable amount of us's?
CLICK IT!!
Jman777

by Jman777 Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:36 pm

Michael wrote:Not really dealing with UFO's, but it does deal with some Quantam Physics / almost Sci-Fi stuff:

I don't think that is possible. Because each of us is created uniquely and NO ONE else is or ever will be the same as us. and I don't think that the bible wouldn't mention something like that if it were real. also if it does and is the opposite reaction to what we do and are going thru than if we accept salvation it doesn't, if we ask for forgiveness it does the opposite, if we love people it hates them. So I just don't think that it would really work out.
Go read the story I'm writing.

http://jmanshistory.blogspot.com/
Ravenhood

by Ravenhood Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:55 pm

Jman777 wrote:I don't think that is possible. Because each of us is created uniquely and NO ONE else is or ever will be the same as us. and I don't think that the bible wouldn't mention something like that if it were real. also if it does and is the opposite reaction to what we do and are going thru than if we accept salvation it doesn't, if we ask for forgiveness it does the opposite, if we love people it hates them. So I just don't think that it would really work out.

that ws sort of the point i was on the way to making... this theory becomes problematic when you involve salvation. if there is another you that chooses against Christ, then what would that mean for the salvation of the world.

also, it would bring the question of whether there would have been an alternate Jesus. would all of the inumerable jesus's have chosen the same path? or if you take into account the opposite reaction, one would have chosen the exact opposite, or would the sacrifice ended up condemning the human race instead of saving it?
CLICK IT!!
Jman777

by Jman777 Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:11 pm

Ravenhood wrote:
Jman777 wrote:I don't think that is possible. Because each of us is created uniquely and NO ONE else is or ever will be the same as us. and I don't think that the bible wouldn't mention something like that if it were real. also if it does and is the opposite reaction to what we do and are going thru than if we accept salvation it doesn't, if we ask for forgiveness it does the opposite, if we love people it hates them. So I just don't think that it would really work out.

that ws sort of the point i was on the way to making... this theory becomes problematic when you involve salvation. if there is another you that chooses against Christ, then what would that mean for the salvation of the world.

also, it would bring the question of whether there would have been an alternate Jesus. would all of the inumerable jesus's have chosen the same path? or if you take into account the opposite reaction, one would have chosen the exact opposite, or would the sacrifice ended up condemning the human race instead of saving it?

Yeah it gets quite confuseing.

Ravenhood

by Ravenhood Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:14 pm

Ravenhood wrote: this theory becomes problematic when you involve salvation.

i apologize, salvation was not the phrasing i was looking for, i should have said the "Jesus event".
CLICK IT!!
Jman777

by Jman777 Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:55 pm

Ravenhood wrote:

i apologize, salvation was not the phrasing i was looking for, i should have said the "Jesus event".

No I think salvation was the right word. Because if one of you accepts salvation the other wouldn't which would mean one of you went to heaven and the other to hell. And in that case it would be impossible for you to be in hell and heaven at the same time. and also, if there was another me wouldn't I be able to feel him? also, I don't think he would be the same person as me because one of the things that shapes our peronalities is the curcumstances we go thru. but I do think that you used the right wording the first time.

Michael

by Michael Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:10 pm

Like I said, I wasn't trying to start a fuss about it, but just throwing out something to get people thinking.
loudnhevy
Bouncer

by loudnhevy Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:14 pm

What if the other you liked Celine Dione or Tony Orlando and Dawn?
“A true spiritual awakening that endures is grounded deeply in well-thought-out Biblical truth. Only when revival roots sink deep into the Scriptures and draw their nourishment from God’s Word does revival last.”
Charles G Finney
Michael

by Michael Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:33 pm

Just talking hypothetically here:

It wouldn't bother the real me in the here and now, if another me was completely and totally different from the way I am.

He lives in another dimension or an extreme distant planet, so I doubt I would ever see him. What would it matter?
SevenFaith
Administrator

by SevenFaith Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:46 pm

I dont know.. I think implying there are 2 yous would be insulting to God. For me it would be like telling him he isnt creative enough to create someone different or run out of designs to keep making people or something.. :D Creating 2 exact people meaning there would 2 of me or you or anyone else.....is the devils attempt at creation. Aka cloning.

I think one of us is enough. Lord knows I would hate to think of some people and know there was more than one.. :eek:
Support Disciple by requesting songs, buying CDs, attending concerts (bring a friend), buying merchandise and praying for them.

One of the reasons that legalism is particularly dangerous because it can look ``holy''. But its focus is on externals.
Ravenhood

by Ravenhood Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:35 am

Jman777 wrote:
Ravenhood wrote:

No I think salvation was the right word. Because if one of you accepts salvation the other wouldn't which would mean one of you went to heaven and the other to hell. And in that case it would be impossible for you to be in hell and heaven at the same time. and also, if there was another me wouldn't I be able to feel him? also, I don't think he would be the same person as me because one of the things that shapes our peronalities is the curcumstances we go thru. but I do think that you used the right wording the first time.

the reason i corrected myself, was that the term Jesus event covers the life and death and resurection of Jesus, and the process by which we are redeemed. it would be problematic because there would be different jesus if everything had an equal and opposite.

salvation being a different point altogether. different you's would only make a difference if there was something connecting all of you together. as far as you being able to feel the other version, perhaps that could be what dejavu is. but this even seems problematic to me for the reasons that if you are connected, then if one of you didnt believe, would it affect the rest of your salvations? if there is no connection, then this wouldnt be a problem, but would it really be another you? or would it just be a very close doppelganger?

Michael wrote:Just talking hypothetically here:

It wouldn't bother the real me in the here and now, if another me was completely and totally different from the way I am.

He lives in another dimension or an extreme distant planet, so I doubt I would ever see him. What would it matter?

if they are different completely, than are they really you? and unless the things i mentioned earlier were true, (some sort of connection vie a shared soul or something of the like) it wouldnt matter at all.

Michael wrote:Like I said, I wasn't trying to start a fuss about it, but just throwing out something to get people thinking.

i actually am glad that you threw this out, i love philosphical talk and schtuff :D

loudnhevy wrote:What if the other you liked Celine Dione or Tony Orlando and Dawn?

i would have to go jet li on the other me and become "The One" !!!!
CLICK IT!!
Michael

by Michael Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:57 am

Not an alternate Jesus' out there. "I AM the Lord and I change not." "Jesus and His Power is the same yesterday, today, and forever." He never changes no matter what.

Not clones of yourself out there, but maybe an alternate version of yourself. It is still you, but it is not you. It is your DNA and physical features, but the personality might be completely different.
That's what I was talking about. Yeah, a very close doppleganger.

I was thinking about that too: Can you reach and feel what the other "you" is feeling? Maybe that is what DejaVu is all about? Just like in STAR WARS with reaching out with your feelings and using "The Force".

If there is another "you" out there, I doubt that it would really matter. Like I said, either in some alternate dimension or some extreme distant planet.

But it is sort of cool to think about.
Ravenhood

by Ravenhood Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:15 pm

if there were other universes, do you think Judas would have still been the betrayer? or could he have replaced peter as the ROck?

oh the possibilities :P
CLICK IT!!
Jman777

by Jman777 Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:07 pm

Ravenhood wrote:if there were other universes, do you think Judas would have still been the betrayer? or could he have replaced peter as the ROck?

oh the possibilities :P

Thats exactly why it doesn't make sense. It would be contrdicting the bible.

Michael

by Michael Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:55 pm

Other universes opens up to all sorts of possiblities.

The choices that we almost took but never did in the here and now, did the other "you" make those choices and decisions in their time line?

Opportunities and chances that we never took here and now, did the other "us" take those chances and opportunities instead, and it lead them to another chain of events and a different timeline?

GOD is Infinity. Infinity is GOD. He sees us and knows us in the here and now timeline, and He might see and know our dopplegangers in the other universe as well.

ShArP

by ShArP Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:13 am

from the mission to Mars with NASA's Pheonix ship, it landed a couple weeks ago and found ice on there, so that could mean that there IS life on Mars,i may have a brother that looks like me and not know it!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Michael

by Michael Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:46 am

That's cool they found ice on Mars. That means that Mars did have water on it.

Yeah, if scientists can find water on Mars, then any thing is possilbe. There could be a doppleganger just like you out there as well.
Return to The Word