Discuss your favorite verses, ask questions about passages, etc.

Moderator: Bouncers

Godrocks

Re: UFO's and the Bible

by Godrocks Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:21 pm

Ugh, I don't want to think.
We all think too much about the possibilities and other stuff. Humans delve too much into things, and doing so can make you doubt your beliefs.

Does anyone believe in ghosts?
Honestly, don't ppl just go to heaven or hell, not roam around the earth in spirit? Could the devil just be distracting us by making us think there are really ghosts?
FORGED BY FIRE

by FORGED BY FIRE Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:18 pm

Remember that the bible says that in the ranks of satan and his minions that there are power and principalities of the air. I believe that to be the literal truth. I believe that there are alot of phenomena. That are natural and just unexplained that are counted as UFO's and there are supernatural goings on done by these powers of the air. Satan isnt stupid, he knows that UFO obsession and ghosts distract from biblical spirituality. People try to come up with whole new religions to explain ghosts and typically that community of ghost hunters give credence to occult spirituality such as phsychics and mediums. The UFO community also ofter ascribes aliens with supernatural and spiritual qualities. Even materialist scientists try to give the glory of creation over to the quasispiritual belief in panspermia, the belief that the seeds of life were planted on earth by aliens. Satan knows these distractions are working well for him, I see no reason why he wouldnt want to foster these beliefs through his demonic minions parading as ghosts and his powers creating signs in the air for those who would be taken in by them. Consider this, what is of God is of peace, what is of satan is fear. What do ghosts and aliens typically inspire? Think about it.
ShArP

by ShArP Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:19 pm

well since now we are talking about ghosts:

when i was 7 months old, my one grandfather passed away, when i was around 2 years old sitting around my grandmothers dinner table with my grandma and my parents, i kept on looking at my grandfathers chair that the always sat in and i kept on saying that someone is sitting in that chair but there wasn't anyone. I am not the only one who saw him in my grandmothers house because my cousin (just about 5 months younger than me) saw him when she was about 4 or 5 in my grandmothers bedroom standing there. So if anyone can explain those, please do.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Godrocks

by Godrocks Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:41 pm

I had an experience with "ghosts" once. On a mirror in my house, it was fogged up, and i looked at it and there was writing on it. "God Jesus Don't believe that He rose"
and on another mirror "Get the picture"
Really wierd. My mom thinks it could be a sign from God saying I should preach (cause i have considered it). Or it could be satan up to his tricks.
Michael

by Michael Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:20 pm

Those so-called "Haunted Houses" you always hear about are nothing more than just demon-possessed houses.

This is sort-of detailed:

GOD NEVER sends abnormal fear/phobia to any one. See 2nd Timothy 1:7 on that, but demons do.

All those people who went looking around in so-called "haunted houses" came out of there terrified and shaking in their shoes b/c something else was in there watching them, stalking them, or they felt an overall creepy presence in the house or rooms.

Those are not ghosts. When people die, they go to either Heaven or Hell. There is no inbetween. Never was, never will be.

All that crap about Purgatory is a fake and a fraud. It was first brought up in the Middle-Ages for the church to con people out of money.

The only real "Purgatory" that I know is the 9th song on the "Killers" CD from Iron Maiden, which is their 2nd CD.

(Awesome song too if you ever get to hear it. I highly recommend it).

Anyways, people saying that doors opened on their own. Heard someone walking up or down the stairs even though there was no one there. That crap is nothing more than demon activity in the house.

Someone invited demons in that house either before the current owners of the house moved in or the current owners of the house had satanic stuff in the house or had an overall satanic personality that invited demons in the house.

Those demons will stay there unless they are kicked out. Just like "legion" in Luke chapter 4.

Do I believe in ghosts? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is Mr. Holy Spirit, but He is not terrifying at all. He is a wonderful person, and I know Him very good.

But that crap about ghosts and ghost stories, are nothing more than demon activity.
Jman777

by Jman777 Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:56 am

well I don't believe in "ghosts" either. But in the book of Daniel when God sends the writing on the wall it says that the king was so afraid that his knees shook. and I don't think that was demonic. So just in general I think that sometimes when the Supernatural manifests in the natural it sometimes is quite terrifying. Because whenever angels show up in the bible people are terrified. I agree with Micheal in that "haunted houses" are just houses that people invited demons into and no one has kicked them out yet. I believe that when Demons show up they're only there to scare you. Because fear is like having faith in Satan.
Go read the story I'm writing.

http://jmanshistory.blogspot.com/
ShArP

by ShArP Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:02 pm

i can honestly say that people who say that there houses are haunted that i know, none of them go to church, or are even saved by believing in Jesus Christ, so i believe that the only reason why we don't see them is because WE GOT THE POWER, WOO!!

and lets get back on topic shall we lol

i just remember this from a few weeks back, i was driving home with my little sister, it was after midnight (i just got back from Acquire the Fire in Pittsburgh with my youth group) came down into this dip (in the middle of nowhere, no lights, can see every star in the sky), looked out my window and saw three lights shaped like a triangle, looke like stars but a little bigger and brighter. Then i turned my eyes back on the road, went up over the hill to another straight away and looked up in the same spot and those lights were gone (and yes i was looking at the same spot lol). I found it to be very wierd, I am not saying that i saw anything or didn't see anything because i could have been seeing things and it might have been real. It was just creepy being in the car with my little sister (who was sleeping at the time) and seeing bright lights in the sky. But who knows it could have been 3 airplanes if all I know, but i still remember what the alignment was...

just wanted to throw that out there.

Michael

by Michael Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:22 pm

1. What do you think about Roswell, New Mexico and the small lake in Nova Scotia Canada that a UFO crashed in the early 60's?

2. What do you think about "Area 51" and "Hangar 18"?

3. Those shiny lights move too rapildy to be a plane or a super sonic jet. That is either some super duper secret jet that the military is working on, or that is what it is, a definite alien ship or some sort. I do think the military are lying through their teeth when it comes to UFOs. There is definitely a conspiracy going on with it.

The only thing I can think about that lines up with Scripture with this is: Matthew ch. 24: "There will be strange sights and strange happenings in the heavens and skies before The Son of Man comes."
ShArP

by ShArP Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:05 pm

1. What do you think about Roswell, New Mexico and the small lake in Nova Scotia Canada that a UFO crashed in the early 60's?
--I think that Roswell was an actual UFO because why would they make such a big deal out of a "weather baloon"

--Well Hanger 18 is just another warehouse anymore with no evidence left besides a lot of tunnels underground which would have to deal with something, and Area 51 has to be hidding some sort of Alien technology because why would Area 51 be blocked for miles away from the base with signs that say that you WILL BE SHOT ON SITE!

3. Those shiny lights move too rapildy to be a plane or a super sonic jet. That is either some super duper secret jet that the military is working on, or that is what it is, a definite alien ship or some sort. I do think the military are lying through their teeth when it comes to UFOs. There is definitely a conspiracy going on with it.

The only thing I can think about that lines up with Scripture with this is: Matthew ch. 24: "There will be strange sights and strange happenings in the heavens and skies before The Son of Man comes."

--There has also been something that Christopher Columbus wrote down, he says that there was an object that came out of the water (USO) and flew away into the sky, so if the military was around before the United States was founded and created flying objects, someone let me know lol

--And if any of you have ever watch UFO hunters or any type of UFO show, UFO's are only found around military bases or bases or bases with high nuclear power. And there was a few countries in Europe terrified about the UFO's seen around there county in the i think the 90's that wanted answers from the US Armed Forces and they gave no answer. I think that if the president (cant remember which one) can say that he saw one over the white house and there is a video of it somewhere on youtube from the 1950's, and yea... Only if there was a book like in i think National Treasure 2 that had all the US Secrets in it lol

Michael

by Michael Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:01 pm

I saw this on Comedy Centeral the other night ago, and it did back up somewhat on what I was talking about there might be another "you" out there:

Futurama TV show - Leeia (the one eyed cyclops woman) has to protect a box that the professor was working on. No one knew what was inside the box other than it was extremely dangerous to open to find out.

She guards the box all night long, and she starts wondering about what is in the box. Tempation gets the best of her, and she opens the box early the next morning when no one was looking. She says that there is something stuck to the bottom of the box. Next thing she knows, she is sucked into an alternate reality.

Everyone is still the same as they were in the other reality, but her doppleganger has red hair, and she has purple hair. Other than that, everything is the same.

It just made me think about the topic here a few days ago.

I thought that was pretty neat.
ShArP

by ShArP Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:28 am

yea i know what you are talking about, i have almost all the Futurama Seasons and Movies on DVD lol

Godrocks

by Godrocks Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:04 pm

I don't think I've heard of that show.
ShArP

by ShArP Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:12 pm

it is more of a mature show (used to be on cartoon networks adult swim), just look it up on google, Futurama

lappinglivingwater

by lappinglivingwater Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:39 am

There are several concepts that are being intermixed in the conversation, and seem to be causing confusion:

1. Are there other intelligent beings in the universe other than humans?

Yes, angels, and they are a lot more intelligent than humans.

2. Are there extraterrestrial beings in the universe?

Other than God, the angels/demons, and the spiritual creatures with Him in heaven? I don't think so.

3. Does the Bible talk about UFOs?

If you read Ezekiel 1, you basically have a description of the 1950s concept of a "flying saucer"; however, these four wheels were angelic vehicles that were carrying God's throne, and each was piloted by an angel, not an alien.

4. Did God create the earth for humans?

God created the earth and everything in it for His pleasure, not ours (Revelation 4:11).
"If you can believe, all things are possible to the person who believes."
~Mark 9:23

My posts reflect what I believe; please don't take them as me telling you what you have to believe - your time in study and prayer will tell you that.
Skilletx6

by Skilletx6 Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:45 pm

Jman777 wrote:I don't think they exist. I agree with sevenfaith in that I think they are demons (or some supernatural thing is behind them) but it says somewhere in Ephesian (I'm not sure where but just read the whole book its great) that satan is the ruler of the air. so if he rules over the air I wouldn't be supruised at all if he tried to use UFO's to deceive people and get them distracted from the "real world" as C.S. Lewis would say it into some mystical half imagined one.

My dad has said that too. Totally agree with you
notebooknut

by notebooknut Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:50 pm

I seriously doubt life on other planets is a thing. God made it so if we were even a mile closer to the sun, we'd burn up instantly. Or, even one mile away, freeze. The Earth is the only place, my friends.
- Maddie

"Opposite as the day and night
As different as the sun and moon is
This is the reality of my duality
This WE needs to become a ME!"
- Jonathan Thulin, Jekyll & Hyde
Skilletx6

by Skilletx6 Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:12 pm

notebooknut wrote:I seriously doubt life on other planets is a thing. God made it so if we were even a mile closer to the sun, we'd burn up instantly. Or, even one mile away, freeze. The Earth is the only place, my friends.

You got it, Maddie. I love how God proves science like that or shows God's existence. Our God is wonderful like that!!!
notebooknut

by notebooknut Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:34 am

Why thank you, Drew! And ohhhhhhhhhh, don't get me started on science. I'm a big geek when it comes to that stuff. :p
- Maddie

Skilletx6

by Skilletx6 Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:37 am

notebooknut wrote:Why thank you, Drew! And ohhhhhhhhhh, don't get me started on science. I'm a big geek when it comes to that stuff. :p

I love science!! After history though
notebooknut

by notebooknut Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:16 am

I absolutely love science too! I mean, I'd start naming off random facts about atoms and DNA now, but this isn't the place for that. :D
- Maddie

Return to The Word