Discuss your favorite verses, ask questions about passages, etc.

Moderator: Bouncers

Godrocks

UFO's and the Bible

by Godrocks Wed May 14, 2008 9:13 am

I have been wondering about extraterrestrial existence, and suddenly I thought, "If I believed that other beings exist would I be contradicting the Bible?"
My thoughts on this were if God created other beings, wouldn't He have wanted to save them from eternal death, too?
Just something that I'm interested in knowing.
loudnhevy
Bouncer

Re: UFO's and the Bible

by loudnhevy Wed May 14, 2008 5:54 pm

Just because the Bible doesn't mention something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I highly doubt that there is life anywhere else in the universe, though.

Read this article. http://www.reasons.org/resources/fff/20 ... ther_world

There are others like it at the same website.
“A true spiritual awakening that endures is grounded deeply in well-thought-out Biblical truth. Only when revival roots sink deep into the Scriptures and draw their nourishment from God’s Word does revival last.”
Charles G Finney
SevenFaith
Administrator

by SevenFaith Wed May 14, 2008 7:19 pm

I agree with LoudnHevy..

I have always thought IF there were Aliens they are demons but that is not proven thing...or anything I put a lot of stake in. I dont believe there are people on other planets eventhough the bible does not say there is not.

I dont think believing there is will get you in trouble though.. Unless you start looking for another Jesus from there... :)
Support Disciple by requesting songs, buying CDs, attending concerts (bring a friend), buying merchandise and praying for them.

One of the reasons that legalism is particularly dangerous because it can look ``holy''. But its focus is on externals.
Michael

by Michael Wed May 14, 2008 9:06 pm

Jesus said Himself: "There will be signs and wonders in The Heavens" before He comes back.

Weird things and unusual stuff going on in the skies and in outer space right before Jesus comes back.

Little green men from Mars or Marvin the Martian? Probably not, but don't be too shocked if you see some crazy stuff going on in the skies and in outer space.
C.A.LeeJr

by C.A.LeeJr Thu May 15, 2008 10:29 am

Ezekiel is often referred to those that 'twist' scripture - however...it's an interresting arguement they make with Ezekiel.

(do I believe it tho'? Absolutely not).

Read Ezekiel - it starts out pretty 'weird'.
Pain is just Weakness Leaving....

Capitalist in Exile
IsraelB
Bouncer

by IsraelB Thu May 15, 2008 11:35 am

Has anyone here read the book "Politics, Prophesy and the Supernatural"? Crazy read, but some VERY interesting points.
~I
"luminous beings are we, not this crude matter"

Amin khiluva lle a' gurtha ar' thar
Jman777

by Jman777 Thu May 15, 2008 7:25 pm

I don't think they exist. I agree with sevenfaith in that I think they are demons (or some supernatural thing is behind them) but it says somewhere in Ephesian (I'm not sure where but just read the whole book its great) that satan is the ruler of the air. so if he rules over the air I wouldn't be supruised at all if he tried to use UFO's to deceive people and get them distracted from the "real world" as C.S. Lewis would say it into some mystical half imagined one.
Go read the story I'm writing.

http://jmanshistory.blogspot.com/
phreakydude
Administrator

by phreakydude Fri May 16, 2008 8:26 am

Being a former "ufo conspiracy" nutjob I can say that there is something to it. I do, however, believe it is completely demonic. When people without Christ allow their minds to be "opened", they let all kinds of other things in. Satan is the great deceiver as we all know, and will use whatever methods he can to distract people from the truth.

Satan has been using the "ufo" trick for thousands of years. Have you ever checked out the mythologies from ancient civilizations? You will see lots of weird imagery involving flying chariots, and wheels in the sky and light beings coming down to talk to men. King Solomon had it right when he said, "There is nothing new under the sun." Everything has already been done that can be done. The enemy just puts different packaging on it to make it more... modern.

Regardless, it is important for us to stay grounded in the Truth of the gospel. There WILL be events happening that will greatly shake our faith, and I believe some people will willingly turn away from it to embrace the LIE.
Matt. 7:15-20
Michael

by Michael Sat May 17, 2008 8:54 pm

Sort of realted to the same topic:

What do think about all the Myian and Aztec rituals that are supposeably "true" about UFO sightings and the whole "Crystal Skulls" stuff that the new Indiana Jones movie is based from that is supposed to "save the world"?

Personally, I think it is a bunch of hockus-pockus, and superstitious occultic nonsense.
phreakydude
Administrator

by phreakydude Sun May 18, 2008 8:49 am

Michael wrote:Sort of realted to the same topic:

What do think about all the Myian and Aztec rituals that are supposeably "true" about UFO sightings and the whole "Crystal Skulls" stuff that the new Indiana Jones movie is based from that is supposed to "save the world"?

Personally, I think it is a bunch of hockus-pockus, and superstitious occultic nonsense.

its easy for people on the outside to think that kind of stuff is nonsense.. except for the occultists who actually subscribe to those ways of thinking.

The OT speaks of idol worship mostly in a general sense.. we know that worshipers of Molech put babies into the hot-red iron arms of a statue to sacrifice it... but it never tells us why. Tons of references to Ba'al but no real commentary on that particular belief system.

So like I said, its really easy for us to say, "Wow, how delusional of those primitive people". But they thought(and still think) that followers of Christ are simple and delusional, and mislead as well.
Godrocks

by Godrocks Sun May 18, 2008 9:59 am

I think It's all nonsence. The skull I just heard about and immidiately I thought, "Yeah right."
The d-day that the Myans predicted tho is pretty interesting tho. I mean, I know NO one knows when our last day will be, but it is sorta scary when you think that their prediction of d-day happens on the same day when a phenomenon happens to our solar system. If you google Myans prediction of doomsday, you'll get scientific explanations of wuts gonna happen.
There are so many things in this world that contradict the Bible, and you just have to remember that satan tries to get to you in so many ways and temptations. We just have to turn to God when we are tempted to fall to temptation.
Michael

by Michael Sun May 18, 2008 8:41 pm

That Crystal Skull mess is nonsense.

It is interesting and it stirs up the imagination, but overall just nonsense.

I think it is just occultic people trying to give a cheap copout for End Time Events. An occultic's cheap copycat of the books of Revelation and Daniel.

Although it is interesting about that stuff with 2012, but I think it is like what people wanted to do with the Y2K stuff.

A big hoopla about nothing, although there is a Tribulation Period coming. That is true. I don't deny that at all with The Tribulation Period coming, but a December 2012 catayslm?!!!!

Also, I know and I have read what Daniel, Revelation, Ezekiel, and Zechariah say about End Time stuff, and I did not see anywhere in any of those books where it said anything about 13 crystal skulls.

There is an asteriod that hits the sea and kills 1/3rd of all sea life and rivers and streams turns into blood from all the dead fish and sealife that is mentioned in Revelation chapter 10 (I think that is the chapter) during about mid-way through The Tribulation Period, but Revelation DOES NOT come out and say that it happens in 2012.

So who is right on this? Some over imaginative so called "scientist" or GOD Almighty Himself?

Think about it. :roll:
phreakydude
Administrator

by phreakydude Mon May 19, 2008 6:45 am

I not saying that it isn't nonsense... just that the Devil will use whatever he can to keep people distracted and away from the Truth.
That's all I'm saying.
Teo

by Teo Fri May 23, 2008 3:38 pm

I think the mere existence of UFOs somehow contradicts Christianity. God made the world for humans. Jesus came to earth to save mankind. Why would aliens in a distant planet exist? What would the reason for that be?

If we do discover aliens and become affected by that discovery, then yes, they do have a purpose and I guess it doesn't prove Christianity is fake or not. But as a Christian I feel it's wrong to believe there are aliens we'll never know about.

Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say?

I also believe that if there really were very intelligent aliens out there (not simple animals or lifeforms) that we'll meet someday, the bible would at least mention it somehow. True, what's not in the bible doesn't mean it's non-existent, but this is not a light subject: if they are intelligent, do they have a soul? can they be saved? do they know about God? do they believe in a God? did Jesus go there too? etc etc.
loudnhevy
Bouncer

by loudnhevy Fri May 23, 2008 5:16 pm

Teo wrote:I also believe that if there really were very intelligent aliens out there (not simple animals or lifeforms)...... if they are intelligent, do they have a soul? can they be saved? do they know about God? do they believe in a God? did Jesus go there too? etc etc.

AH - inTELLigent life forms. (Frankly - there doesn't seem to be much intelligence on Earth these days)

As I've already stated - I don't think they could exist.

I read once (I need to find the book to get the exact numbers) that the chances of another planet existing anywhere in our galaxy that would contain the right elements to support life are 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

That being said - IF intelligent beings existed, who's to say that they'd be as stupid as humans? Maybe they'd be smarter than us and not rebel against God.
“A true spiritual awakening that endures is grounded deeply in well-thought-out Biblical truth. Only when revival roots sink deep into the Scriptures and draw their nourishment from God’s Word does revival last.”
Charles G Finney
Jman777

by Jman777 Sat May 24, 2008 11:16 am

I don't think they exist because Jesus didn't die for them and if they do exist and have a soul I'm sure God would have mentioned somewhere that he wants us to go and tell them about the gospel.
Go read the story I'm writing.

http://jmanshistory.blogspot.com/
Michael

by Michael Sat May 24, 2008 9:38 pm

I'll put it this way:

I do believe there could be some alien fish or alien insects out there.

You do know there are millions of planets out there? :roll:

Marvin the Martian from Looney Tunes cartoons out there? ET type of aliens? Martian Manhunter from DC Comics? Alien abductions? I seriously doubt it. Nonsense crap.

Small little alien fish, small little alien birds, or small little alien insects, yes.

Space Invaders from Outer Space like some cheesy 60's B movie or War of the Worlds aliens, no.
Godrocks

by Godrocks Sat May 24, 2008 10:14 pm

I just think that the devil might be tempting us to doubt the Bible and God. He works to get us off the path that leads to eternal life. He wants us to focus on wordly things (video games, T.V., UFO's ect.) instead of God Almighty, the reason we're here.
That's what I think.

Visit http://www.freewebs.com/nomorepane
It's my website dedicated to turning ppl to God.
loudnhevy
Bouncer

by loudnhevy Sat May 24, 2008 11:16 pm

Michael wrote:
You do know there are millions of planets out there? :roll:

I found the book that I referenced earlier. It's The Creator and the Cosmos by Dr Hugh Ross.

He lists about 35 areas that need to line up within very small parameters just for a planet to exist. According to his statistics, there can't be more than 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets in the universe.

He then goes through what needs to be in place for life or any form to exist on just one other planet in the universe:

The chance is 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

That's for one life form to exist on just one planet other than Earth. chances decrease exponentially for each additional planet, and each additional form of life that we'd like to speculate about.

It's mind boggling to think that it is nearly impossible for life to exist anywhere in the universe just by chance.

The fact that our planet has not just life, but an entire ecosystem filled with millions of varieties of life forms is beyond an impossibility.
Charles G Finney
SevenFaith
Administrator

by SevenFaith Sun May 25, 2008 9:13 am

You know I thought about this and while I dont think it is wrong to believe in the chance as long as you are not looking too deep into it..I thought of something today.

The words of a Carmen song I havent heard in quite awhile. It just popped in my head and I couldnt get it out.

It seems God may have done things here to show us he was God. He made a planet to sustain life when planets in the universe would not regularly..That shows us there is a God and not just the chance of life happening.

93 million miles from the blistering surafce of the sun hangs the planet earth.
A rotating sphere perfectly suspended in the center of the universe. The ultimate creation from an infinate mind. An unbelievably intricate complex design. A supernatural testimony, an irrefutable sign that there is a God.

The size, position and angle of the earth is a scientific phenomenon to see.
A few degrees closer to the sun we'd disintegrate, a few degrees further, we'd freeze.
The axis of the earth is titled at a perfect 23 degree angle and it's no mistake that it is.
This allows equal global distribution to the rays of the sun making it possible for the food chain to exist.

Or take for example the combination of nitrogen and oxygen in the atmosphere we breathe every day. It just happens to be the exact mix that life needs to prosper, it doesn't happen on any other planet that way.

You see, the Bible says the invisible things of God are seen through His creation, to believe this is not hard. If there's a design, there's a designer, if there's a plan, there's a planner and if there's a miracle, there is a God.

CHORUS:
There is a hope, there is a light
There is an answer to all answers
There is a flame that burns in the night
And I know, I know, I know there is a God

The Scripture says the heavens decalre the glory of God and the skies proclaim the work of His hands. If we allow our minds to drink in all the truth that surrounds the truth that just surrounds us, creation itself with help us understand.

Did you know the moon controls the tides, it's the maid that cleans the oceans. Even the waves don't crash the shores in vain. The tides drag impurities from the depths of the sea, it's nature's constrant recycling chain.

It simply boggles the mind to think that the stars will rotate with such exact precision that it's true. That the atomic clock with an error factor of less than three seconds per millenium is set by the way we move.

Though they silently orbit, the sun, the moon, the stars are like celestia
Support Disciple by requesting songs, buying CDs, attending concerts (bring a friend), buying merchandise and praying for them.

One of the reasons that legalism is particularly dangerous because it can look ``holy''. But its focus is on externals.
Return to The Word