Join Disciple's weekly discussion of the Bible as we share our thoughts, questions, and insights with each other.

Moderator: Bouncers

ECCENTRICSHEEP

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 12

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:03 am

notebooknut wrote:That happens so much to me!! I'll be writing some complicated debate between two characters and one says something that I would totally never say and I'm just like- "woah, thanks God." It's actually pretty amazing, ever since I started writing my first Christian book I feel like the words flow so much better than they did with anything else I'm writing. The dialogue just comes to me without having to think much about it. Huh, I guess I have a Co-Author helping me out this time. :mrgreen:

Romans 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

It feels like there is some plane of existence unseen by human eyes between Earth and Heaven. A place where you don't need words or any sort of hand or facial gestures to express what you are feeling. Because the Holy Spirit is there, and we are able to freely communicate there as if you and I were sitting here discussing something in person. But like i said, you don't even need to say a word...the spirit already knows your thoughts and feelings. So when your mind enters that place when you begin to write, the Holy Spirit is there and knows every crevice of your and heart, sees every aching wound and tearing scar...and gives you the words you need to hear through the words you write on the page at the moment. Neither of you saying a word out loud or directly speaking about what is troubling you, but still communicating more deeply than we ever could with each other here.

Well that's how I feel about my poetry that is, that it is unspoken communication with the Holy Spirit from those unseen places, speaking to each other without words, without even physical forms in front of each other. But what comes from it is so real and powerful that I could never question the existence of my father in heaven. Working through pain and hurt through cryptic writings that other people might not totally understand because there weren't there.
THE ECCENTRIC SHEEP MUSINGS

TO THOSE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST DEPRESSION
http://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep-m ... epression/

SELF INJURY AWARENESS DAY POST
https://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep- ... ury-story/
sassy1506

by sassy1506 Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:31 am

ECCENTRICSHEEP wrote:It feels like there is some plane of existence unseen by human eyes between Earth and Heaven. A place where you don't need words or any sort of hand or facial gestures to express what you are feeling. Because the Holy Spirit is there, and we are able to freely communicate there as if you and I were sitting here discussing something in person. But like i said, you don't even need to say a word...the spirit already knows your thoughts and feelings. So when your mind enters that place when you begin to write, the Holy Spirit is there and knows every crevice of your and heart, sees every aching wound and tearing scar...and gives you the words you need to hear through the words you write on the page at the moment. Neither of you saying a word out loud or directly speaking about what is troubling you, but still communicating more deeply than we ever could with each other here.

I love this concept. I'm terrible with words, so praying out loud or in my head starts to seem fake after a while. I've started to notice that when I really need to connect with God, picking up a guitar or sitting down at a piano and just playing what I'm feeling really works.
-Sam

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" -James 4:7
ECCENTRICSHEEP

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:47 am

sassy1506 wrote:
ECCENTRICSHEEP wrote:It feels like there is some plane of existence unseen by human eyes between Earth and Heaven. A place where you don't need words or any sort of hand or facial gestures to express what you are feeling. Because the Holy Spirit is there, and we are able to freely communicate there as if you and I were sitting here discussing something in person. But like i said, you don't even need to say a word...the spirit already knows your thoughts and feelings. So when your mind enters that place when you begin to write, the Holy Spirit is there and knows every crevice of your and heart, sees every aching wound and tearing scar...and gives you the words you need to hear through the words you write on the page at the moment. Neither of you saying a word out loud or directly speaking about what is troubling you, but still communicating more deeply than we ever could with each other here.

I love this concept. I'm terrible with words, so praying out loud or in my head starts to seem fake after a while. I've started to notice that when I really need to connect with God, picking up a guitar or sitting down at a piano and just playing what I'm feeling really works.

Yep! And God can answer in any form we choose to speak to him too, words or no words. I know whatever image I am writing if God has an answer, he can answer in my poem through whatever image I am showing. That's part of why he gives music and art to us I think. I use to be totally against musical instruments in church, and since discovering all this I've had to give them a chance because the churches I had been too last year with musical instruments had helped open my heart up and help me worship more when I had shut myself off and gotten cold to worship.
THE ECCENTRIC SHEEP MUSINGS

TO THOSE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST DEPRESSION
http://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep-m ... epression/

SELF INJURY AWARENESS DAY POST
https://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep- ... ury-story/
notebooknut

by notebooknut Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:00 pm

ECCENTRICSHEEP wrote:
It feels like there is some plane of existence unseen by human eyes between Earth and Heaven. A place where you don't need words or any sort of hand or facial gestures to express what you are feeling. Because the Holy Spirit is there, and we are able to freely communicate there as if you and I were sitting here discussing something in person. But like i said, you don't even need to say a word...the spirit already knows your thoughts and feelings. So when your mind enters that place when you begin to write, the Holy Spirit is there and knows every crevice of your and heart, sees every aching wound and tearing scar...and gives you the words you need to hear through the words you write on the page at the moment. Neither of you saying a word out loud or directly speaking about what is troubling you, but still communicating more deeply than we ever could with each other here.

Well that's how I feel about my poetry that is, that it is unspoken communication with the Holy Spirit from those unseen places, speaking to each other without words, without even physical forms in front of each other. But what comes from it is so real and powerful that I could never question the existence of my father in heaven. Working through pain and hurt through cryptic writings that other people might not totally understand because there weren't there.

That is exactly what happnends! God uses everything. And it's beautiful! :D Sometimes things are too hard to admit even to myself. But I usually realize my weaknesses in writing. And often I find relief in it. God is so amazing.
- Maddie

"Opposite as the day and night
As different as the sun and moon is
This is the reality of my duality
This WE needs to become a ME!"
- Jonathan Thulin, Jekyll & Hyde
Return to Disciple Bible Study