Join Disciple's weekly discussion of the Bible as we share our thoughts, questions, and insights with each other.

Moderator: Bouncers

cindyddavis

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 7

by cindyddavis Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:37 am

I'm glad Kevin is slacking because I just realized I had something to post about chapter 7.

Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

This is something I'm in the process of doing now... Pealing away the onion a little at a time and laying the stuff that pollutes my soul at the foot of the cross. Some days I feel really good after doing it but sometimes ugly things arise and it makes me feel guilty and shameful. I have to remind myself daily that in the end it will be worth it and I will be cleansed. Not perfect but cleansed. Feeding my soul with the fruits of the spirit instead of letting the flesh take over
lappinglivingwater

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 7

by lappinglivingwater Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:44 am

cindyddavis wrote:Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

This is something I'm in the process of doing now... Pealing away the onion a little at a time and laying the stuff that pollutes my soul at the foot of the cross. Some days I feel really good after doing it but sometimes ugly things arise and it makes me feel guilty and shameful. I have to remind myself daily that in the end it will be worth it and I will be cleansed. Not perfect but cleansed. Feeding my soul with the fruits of the spirit instead of letting the flesh take over

God bless, Cindy :)
"If you can believe, all things are possible to the person who believes."
~Mark 9:23

My posts reflect what I believe; please don't take them as me telling you what you have to believe - your time in study and prayer will tell you that.
Return to Disciple Bible Study