Join Disciple's weekly discussion of the Bible as we share our thoughts, questions, and insights with each other.

Moderator: Bouncers

Beanie19

Re: EZEKIEL CHAPTERS 1 & 2

by Beanie19 Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:22 pm

So this is my first time participating in the Disciple Bible Study and I have really enjoyed reading what everyone else had to say about these two chapters. There is so much in these chapters to think about. For me what really stood out is the awesomeness of the scene described in the first chapter. Ezekial has this mind-blowing vision of God on this throne. He is given this overwhelming glimpse of God's glory and then commanded to preach to the rebellious nation of Israel. I am excited to read through the rest of this book with everyone, especially since I am not really familiar with this book.
lappinglivingwater

by lappinglivingwater Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:40 pm

Beanie19 wrote:So this is my first time participating in the Disciple Bible Study and I have really enjoyed reading what everyone else had to say about these two chapters. There is so much in these chapters to think about. For me what really stood out is the awesomeness of the scene described in the first chapter. Ezekial has this mind-blowing vision of God on this throne. He is given this overwhelming glimpse of God's glory and then commanded to preach to the rebellious nation of Israel. I am excited to read through the rest of this book with everyone, especially since I am not really familiar with this book.

Welcome! Thanks for posting :D
"If you can believe, all things are possible to the person who believes."
~Mark 9:23

My posts reflect what I believe; please don't take them as me telling you what you have to believe - your time in study and prayer will tell you that.
empup234

by empup234 Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:38 am

Man I am so excited about this chapter been wanting to go through it for awhile and its great to be doing it with other brothers and sisters in the Lord!! Ezekiel 1 & 2 when it is talking about the living creatures and I thought it was amazing how similar Chapter 1 was to Revelation 4 when John is talking about his experience in the presence of the Living God!! Its kinda terrifying,exciting and beautiful which pretty much sums up of who God is you know!! Chapter 2 When God is talking about the rebellion of Israel and even though they are doing all these wicked things and insulting Him! God was still willing to save them and a desire to draw them back to Him! Chapter 2 kinda reminded me of America on it has become a rebellious nation and that we the Children of God who are the prophets or missionaries. God's call to Ezekiel is the same call that God is asking of us and that our job speak God's Word to our rebellious nation! That we shouldn't be afraid of what they are going to say of do and that the Lord will be our strength and protector! God is so good to us and those who are still lost!! He still fights for the lost and so should we!! Amen! :D
notebooknut

by notebooknut Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:39 am

All I can say, is just be prepared to be blown away by every one of Michael's (lappinglivingwater) posts! He knows the Bible like the back of his hand!!
- Maddie

"Opposite as the day and night
As different as the sun and moon is
This is the reality of my duality
This WE needs to become a ME!"
- Jonathan Thulin, Jekyll & Hyde
lappinglivingwater

by lappinglivingwater Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:23 am

notebooknut wrote:He knows the Bible like the back of his hand!!

I wish! :D

My posts reflect what I believe; please don't take them as me telling you what you have to believe - your time in study and prayer will tell you that.
notebooknut

by notebooknut Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:23 pm

lappinglivingwater wrote:
notebooknut wrote:He knows the Bible like the back of his hand!!

I wish! :D

Dude, you do! Don't even dare question me about that. You're amazing and I envy your Biblical knowledge and dedication. Without you, this Bible Study would NOT be as amazing or complete!! :D
- Maddie

lappinglivingwater

by lappinglivingwater Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:17 pm

I appreciate the compliment, Maddie. We can all learn more about the Word. Word! :cool:

notebooknut

by notebooknut Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:22 pm

Well thank you, Michael! Seriously, keep up the awesomeness. Do you try to be awesome, or does it just happen? I'm just wondering lolz!! And haha! The sunglasses was an amazing touch, I must say XD.
- Maddie

Return to Disciple Bible Study