Join Disciple's weekly discussion of the Bible as we share our thoughts, questions, and insights with each other.

Moderator: Bouncers

Kevin Young
Bouncer
 
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Somewhere Out There ;)

2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by Kevin Young Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:40 am

This week we will be discussing 2 CORINTHIANS Chapter 5. After you read the chapter, please take time to post….

1. Your favorite passages from Chapter 5
2. Things that challenged you
3. Any special insights that you would like to share with us
4. Any questions that you may have
5. Any related thoughts at all
(This is just a guideline and doesn't have to be followed exactly)

We welcome all opinions and no question is ever a "dumb" question. We want everyone to feel welcome and have the freedom to share whatever they may like. The only thing we ask is that while sharing your opinion, please be respectful to others. In short, disagree without being rude and hurtful. Also, if you are reading these posts and part of the Bible Study but feel like you don't have anything to add or post, we would ask that you please at least check in and post that you are reading with us so that we know you are there. Even when you don't say anything, it is encouraging just knowing that people are in our group with us. We all learn so much from these studies, so with that being said….. LET'S GO!!!!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart - Prov. 3:5,6
User avatar
ECCENTRICSHEEP
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:09 am
Location: Texas

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:05 am

I wrote this Monday and Tuesday by the way...

8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9 So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.


I like these 2 verses back to back. Because I am absolutely like "YES!!!" to verse 8, but then I need "but you're not home yet so get back up and keep working and keep going" right after it.

2 Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, 3 because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. 4 For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.


I'm definitely feeling these verses this week. I am really sick of dealing with the addict part of my brain that doesn't want to give up my vices.

5 Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.


Notice the GURANTEE there? Not like "yeah probably, maybe" nope, GURANTEED. Which is an awesome verses to follow those previous ones. Because like I said, I am absolutely sick of the twisted little thoughts going through my head this week and weary of my stupid little brain and how its hard wired...but God's promises are faithful and true always if I stay faithful and true and see this through. Well he's way more faithful than me; I'll screw up a whole lot and he'll always be faithful. So I have the spirit to help me write twisted stuff to deal with my twisted thoughts lol.
THE ECCENTRIC SHEEP MUSINGS

TO THOSE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST DEPRESSION
http://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep-m ... epression/

SELF INJURY AWARENESS DAY POST
https://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep- ... ury-story/
Kevin Young
Bouncer
 
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Somewhere Out There ;)

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by Kevin Young Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:55 am

Man this chapter! Every verse is so good, where do I begin...

I will just leave at this one verse for now..
20So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!”


The "Come back to God" part of the verse has always struck me. How can we "come back" to God if we have never known Him to begin with? This question led me to believe that this verse is talking about something else entirely. I believe this "Come back to God!" is God's cry to all humanity, considering God enjoyed an intimate relationship with mankind before sin entered the world. I believe God is saying, "Mankind, come back to intimacy with Me. Come back to relationship with me. Come back to what was intended when I created you. Come back to what was stolen from you by Satan. Consider these verses as well.... "4Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. 5God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure." Even before God created the world, He made a way to ensure that we would have relationship with Him no matter what. That is why we were created. That is why we are here.... to be God's adopted children, and learn directly from our Father how to live in this world. Come back to the original purpose of why you were created!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart - Prov. 3:5,6
User avatar
ECCENTRICSHEEP
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:09 am
Location: Texas

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:05 pm

I've felt that a lot from God when I've screwed up and kind of pushed away "I don't care what you did, you can conquer this and get through it, just come back, it's okay"
THE ECCENTRIC SHEEP MUSINGS

TO THOSE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST DEPRESSION
http://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep-m ... epression/

SELF INJURY AWARENESS DAY POST
https://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep- ... ury-story/
User avatar
ECCENTRICSHEEP
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:09 am
Location: Texas

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:16 pm

I like this Matthew Henry guy, he says some cool stuff.


"The apostle proceeds in showing the reasons why they did not faint under their afflictions, namely, their expectation, desire, and assurance of happiness after death (2 Cor. 5:1-5), and deduces an inference for the comfort of believers in their present state (2 Cor. 5:6-8), and another to quicken them in their duty, 2 Cor. 5:9-11. Then he makes an apology for seeming to commend himself, and gives a good reason for his zeal and diligence (2 Cor. 5:12-15), and mentions two things that are necessary in order to our living to Christ, regeneration and reconciliation, 2 Cor. 5:16-21."

(quotes from 1-11 commentary)

"True Christians, if they duly considered the prospect faith gives them of another world, and the good reasons of their hope of blessedness after death, would be comforted under the troubles of life, and supported in the hour of death: they should take courage, when they are encountering the last enemy, and be willing rather to die than live, when it is the will of God that they should put off this tabernacle. Note, As those who are born from above long to be there, so it is but being absent from the body, and we shall very soon be present with the Lord—but to die, and be with Christ—but to close our eyes to all things in this world, and we shall open them in a world of glory. Faith will be turned into sight."

"What it was that the apostle was thus ambitious of—acceptance with God. We labour that, living and dying, whether present in the body or absent from the body, we may be accepted of him, the Lord (2 Cor. 5:9), that we may please him who hath chosen us, that our great Lord may say to us, Well done. This they coveted as the greatest favour and the highest honour: it was the summit of their ambition."

(16-21)

"This ought to be the care of all who profess the Christian faith, that they be new creatures; not only that they have a new name, and wear a new livery, but that they have a new heart and new nature. And so great is the change the grace of God makes in the soul, that, as it follows, old things are passed away—old thoughts, old principles, and old practices, are passed away; and all these things must become new. Note, Regenerating grace creates a new world in the soul; all things are new. The renewed man acts from new principles, by new rules, with new ends, and in new company."

"He has appointed the Mediator of reconciliation. He has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Cor. 5:18. God is to be owned from first to last in the undertaking and performance of the Mediator. All things relating to our reconciliation by Jesus Christ are of God, who by the mediation of Jesus Christ has reconciled the world to himself, and put himself into a capacity of being actually reconciled to offenders, without any wrong or injury to his justice or holiness, and does not impute to men their trespasses, but recedes from the rigour of the first covenant, which was broken, and does not insist upon the advantage he might justly take against us for the breach of that covenant, but is willing to enter into a new treaty, and into a new covenant of grace, and, according to the tenour thereof, freely to forgive us all our sins, and justify freely by his grace all those who do believe."
THE ECCENTRIC SHEEP MUSINGS

TO THOSE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST DEPRESSION
http://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep-m ... epression/

SELF INJURY AWARENESS DAY POST
https://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep- ... ury-story/
Columbia
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by Columbia Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:51 am

For many years this chapter was a subject of great stoic theological presentation for me to offer. Having heard many sermons and having studied the elements of this chapter helped to steer me toward a more professional view of this portion of Scripture. I had memorized verse 17 as a teenager so thought that I had a certain mastery of the passage. Then, suddenly, when I was 49 years old my dad asked me to read this chapter to him. My dad was terminally ill, in the hospital, suffering from COPD. The bottom dropped out that day. My dad had an eighth grade education so this was of no scholarly interest to him. My dad wanted to hear about the hope after our temporary "tent" passed away. My dad wanted to be reminded once more about how he had become a new "creature" (or "creation") in Christ when he was 44 years old. You see, my dad had been totally saved and set free from alcoholism after almost drinking himself to death. He went into the hospital with alcohol poisoning before going through a lock-up rehab program. He came into a true relationship with Christ back then and never touched a drink again. The dad I had pleaded for God to save was truly saved at mid-life. As my dad listened to me read those words, while lying in his hospital bed, he smiled in a way that hammered the reality of this chapter into my heart. It was my dad who taught me the reality of this chapter in a way I can never express adequately. Now I can never read this chapter without thinking of my dad who has been out of his earthly tent for over ten years now. He would warn his friends that he had waited too long to stop smoking. More importantly, he would tell them about the Christ who waited for him in eternity. My dad lived this chapter. Even when a lady minister came to see him and prophesied that he would be healed, my dad just kept looking forward to the moment he would be free of his earthly tent. Dad was 72 years old when he went to the Lord. He suffered horribly but never blamed God. Dad knew that his earthly tent was coming down in order that he would live in a glorious eternal existence with Christ. May His name be praised.
User avatar
ECCENTRICSHEEP
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:09 am
Location: Texas

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:06 pm

Okay, Courtney is gonna dive down a rabbit trail, but I had this on my mind going home from work...and I'm betting someone reading this can relate in some way.


So, I have personally been a Christian all my life. Grew up in a Christian family and everything. Went to a Christian University. Okay I didn't listen to Christian rock until a few years ago honestly, but now its like my main thing. So its Christian this and Christian that.

But you know what? I have always believed that church is absolutely positively the LONELIEST PLACE ON EARTH. Yes, I have pretty much NEVER felt like I belonged at a church. I've never felt like I fit in.

You know what else? I absolutely still have faith in God's church and its purpose for us. I absolutely believe in God's awesome children that walk this earth...even when I don't fit in with them. They are all amazing souls, and God's church is a great place of fellowship. I still believe that. I will never stop believing that. That is why I speak about it so much and how important fellowship is for Christians...even when I myself struggle with it so much.

If you struggle with church and fitting in, don't give up. Never give up. Don't let Satan get in and convince you to give up and go off on your own. Because you can't do it on your own. You really do need some sort of fellowship. A place to go when you need prayers and support. A place to be thankful for blessings. A place to comfort others and be happy for others when they have ups and downs. A place to discuss scriptures, get questions answered, and get a whole new perspective from someone who has a totally different view on a chapter that blows your mind and you learn something new. People to worship and sing to God with. We NEED that. We were created for it.

So you can't give up! Even if you have to keep looking, don't stop looking! God has a place for you. He wouldn't create you this way if he didn't have a place for you already prepared! Maybe its a church, maybe its just a small group of people that meet and study. You are already in a good starting place if you are here in this forum reading this.

Most important is that somewhere out there, someone NEEDS you! Yes you, they need you! Because we were made to serve and help others. You have a place out there serving people and helping others. That's actually the big reason I push church so much, is the work you do there for the kingdom. Its way awesome serving others, trust me, you totally wanna do it! Nothing helps depression and sadness more than serving others. Somewhere out there is a job only you can do and someone is waiting for you to show up and do it.

I tell you, I wonder all the time why I am the way I am. Why am I so weird and different, why did I go through what I have, why do I have to struggle being social so much and feel lonely because of it. Why do I struggle with addictions and depression. I wonder all that all of the time. When I started my photography series and people connected with it, and when it part of it got shared on Disciple's facebook and reached over 130,000 people and was shared 1,600 times...God said "THIS IS WHY I MADE YOU THIS WAY! THIS IS WHY YOU WENT THROUGH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE! SO YOU CAN DO STUFF LIKE THIS!" I can't do what I am doing without what I've been through. I am the way I am so I can do this stuff.

So please, don't give up on God's church, and don't give up and God's people. They are sinners too. They make mistakes just like you. And we are all different so we just won't get along or connect with everyone. Its okay. You can still love people even when you don't totally connect. So don't get discouraged if you have trouble connecting, just keep looking. Honestly, if you are holding anything against Christians who have wronged you...its only hurting you. So you might as well forgive them and rid yourself of the poison in your heart that is anger and resentment.

You are in the perfect place if you feel lonely at church. Right here in these forums as a part of the Disciple Alliance. You are absolutely not alone in those feelings here. I know how you feel, and I'm telling you to not give up.
THE ECCENTRIC SHEEP MUSINGS

TO THOSE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST DEPRESSION
http://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep-m ... epression/

SELF INJURY AWARENESS DAY POST
https://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep- ... ury-story/
Angel_Seneca
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:28 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by Angel_Seneca Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:12 am

This is another one of my favorite scriptures from this chapter:

2 Cor 5:7 for we walk by faith, not by sight.


The first time I read this scripture, I felt a little uneasy. The reason behind it was that I didn't know how to apply it to my life. But once I read it many more times, I was able to apply it to my life and it made a really positive impact for me. Whenever I hit a roadblock, I just think about this scripture and hope for the best.
User avatar
sassy1506
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:08 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by sassy1506 Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:38 am

ECCENTRICSHEEP wrote:Okay, Courtney is gonna dive down a rabbit trail, but I had this on my mind going home from work...and I'm betting someone reading this can relate in some way.


So, I have personally been a Christian all my life. Grew up in a Christian family and everything. Went to a Christian University. Okay I didn't listen to Christian rock until a few years ago honestly, but now its like my main thing. So its Christian this and Christian that.

But you know what? I have always believed that church is absolutely positively the LONELIEST PLACE ON EARTH. Yes, I have pretty much NEVER felt like I belonged at a church. I've never felt like I fit in.

You know what else? I absolutely still have faith in God's church and its purpose for us. I absolutely believe in God's awesome children that walk this earth...even when I don't fit in with them. They are all amazing souls, and God's church is a great place of fellowship. I still believe that. I will never stop believing that. That is why I speak about it so much and how important fellowship is for Christians...even when I myself struggle with it so much.

If you struggle with church and fitting in, don't give up. Never give up. Don't let Satan get in and convince you to give up and go off on your own. Because you can't do it on your own. You really do need some sort of fellowship. A place to go when you need prayers and support. A place to be thankful for blessings. A place to comfort others and be happy for others when they have ups and downs. A place to discuss scriptures, get questions answered, and get a whole new perspective from someone who has a totally different view on a chapter that blows your mind and you learn something new. People to worship and sing to God with. We NEED that. We were created for it.

So you can't give up! Even if you have to keep looking, don't stop looking! God has a place for you. He wouldn't create you this way if he didn't have a place for you already prepared! Maybe its a church, maybe its just a small group of people that meet and study. You are already in a good starting place if you are here in this forum reading this.

Most important is that somewhere out there, someone NEEDS you! Yes you, they need you! Because we were made to serve and help others. You have a place out there serving people and helping others. That's actually the big reason I push church so much, is the work you do there for the kingdom. Its way awesome serving others, trust me, you totally wanna do it! Nothing helps depression and sadness more than serving others. Somewhere out there is a job only you can do and someone is waiting for you to show up and do it.

I tell you, I wonder all the time why I am the way I am. Why am I so weird and different, why did I go through what I have, why do I have to struggle being social so much and feel lonely because of it. Why do I struggle with addictions and depression. I wonder all that all of the time. When I started my photography series and people connected with it, and when it part of it got shared on Disciple's facebook and reached over 130,000 people and was shared 1,600 times...God said "THIS IS WHY I MADE YOU THIS WAY! THIS IS WHY YOU WENT THROUGH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE! SO YOU CAN DO STUFF LIKE THIS!" I can't do what I am doing without what I've been through. I am the way I am so I can do this stuff.

So please, don't give up on God's church, and don't give up and God's people. They are sinners too. They make mistakes just like you. And we are all different so we just won't get along or connect with everyone. Its okay. You can still love people even when you don't totally connect. So don't get discouraged if you have trouble connecting, just keep looking. Honestly, if you are holding anything against Christians who have wronged you...its only hurting you. So you might as well forgive them and rid yourself of the poison in your heart that is anger and resentment.

You are in the perfect place if you feel lonely at church. Right here in these forums as a part of the Disciple Alliance. You are absolutely not alone in those feelings here. I know how you feel, and I'm telling you to not give up.


Courtney, you have no idea how much I needed to read that. I seriously had to take 10 minutes to cry my eyes out before I could sit down and write a reply.

I haven't been in a very good place spiritually or mentally for a few months now... I can't even remember the last time I physically went to church. I'm seriously questioning if I even belong in the Disciple fanmily anymore... I've isolated myself so much, and I hate it.

I'm not giving up on the Church, and I'm not giving up on God, but I'm giving up on myself. I just haven't figured out how to properly do that. If you guys could please pray for me, I could use it right now.

I'm sorry, I feel like this post sounds really whiny...
-Sam

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" -James 4:7
User avatar
notebooknut
 
Posts: 2105
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:11 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by notebooknut Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:02 am

7 For we live by faith, not by sight.


Oh geez. On this verse alone I could fill up a book. Now, that sounds good and well. But it's a lot harder when you live it. Which we should all be doing. Living it. And when you actually get out of that boat to start walking on the water- it's a lot harder to believe it and be all peachy. Sight can be so deceiving sometimes.... It's really hard to just "let go" and be like, "Alright, God I'm gonna let go and you are gonna make me rich and grant me my three wishes and give me everything I want right now so I can live my best life right now!" No, that's not Biblical. But we do have to let go and give every burden that we're carrying. It's not going to happen over night, either. We have to have faith to walk in faith, if that makes any sense what so ever. :)

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.


Man, I feel like I kinda overlook that sometimes... Like because someone is saved-- they still have to stand before the throne.
I just went to a Wolves at the Gate concert (don't worry, Kevin. You are still my favorite Hehehe) and the lead singer, Steve said something really really good. They had a really short set which bummed out most of the wolf pack in the crowd that day. But you know what? Instead of playing two more songs, Steve decided to speak. And it was amazing.

"What was the son of God grieving in the garden? This was the same man who stood before the dead, and made then rise, and the lame, made them walk- the blind to see. Do you see a man that should be afraid of anything? I don't. So what did Jesus fear? Was it a Roman death? Most certainly not. I'll tell you what he grieved the most. He feared to stand before the perfect, sinless Father- looking like us. With the sins of the whole world on his shoulders."

I'm pretty sure the entire crowd's hearts all skipped a beat in that moment. I think I could hear the quick breaths being sucked in. I know I did. Because I had never thought of that before. Jesus knew he'd have to stand before the judgment seat looking like the scum that we are. A mere lowly sinner, for heavens sake. And that terrified him! And verse 10 really reminded me that even though your saved, you will still have to stand before the throne of justice, and be judged. I mean, JESUS even had to. Most certainly we will.

14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.


Oh man this is good. I mean, look at the disciples (that moment when you automatically capitalize "Disciple" XD) Jesus called them to serve him and leave EVERYTHING behind. There was no going back after they began following him. I think it should be the same with us. Now, I'm not putting anyone down because I've failed daily at this. But still. So many people are half in, and I think we need to be ALL in or else it's not really sacrificing anything for him.

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin[b] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.


Oh, AMEN!!! I know, kinda generic, lol. But what else can you say to that?

AMAZING CHAPTER!!!

Hey, if ya'll could keep me in your prayers along with Sam, that would be awesome. I've been having a lot of problems with school this year just because high school is like 1,000x harder than ever. And I sobbed a good chunk of the day yesterday just because I felt like worthless crap and it was really bugging me that my so called "best" wasn't good enough anymore. So if you could pray that I could have the strength to make it through three more years of this crud because I'm not doing so hot now.

Hey, on the bright side-- maybe Jesus will come back before I have to finish!! :p
- Maddie

"Opposite as the day and night
As different as the sun and moon is
This is the reality of my duality
This WE needs to become a ME!"
- Jonathan Thulin, Jekyll & Hyde
User avatar
ECCENTRICSHEEP
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:09 am
Location: Texas

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:12 am

sassy1506 wrote:Courtney, you have no idea how much I needed to read that. I seriously had to take 10 minutes to cry my eyes out before I could sit down and write a reply.

I haven't been in a very good place spiritually or mentally for a few months now... I can't even remember the last time I physically went to church. I'm seriously questioning if I even belong in the Disciple fanmily anymore... I've isolated myself so much, and I hate it.

I'm not giving up on the Church, and I'm not giving up on God, but I'm giving up on myself. I just haven't figured out how to properly do that. If you guys could please pray for me, I could use it right now.

I'm sorry, I feel like this post sounds really whiny...



I honestly consider Disciple Alliance my church now. We study the bible here, and I can ask for prayers from them and pray for them when they need it. Cry for each other and rejoice with each other. I consider a church just supplementary because there is stuff I need a church for like a place worship and service. I get way more from my independent studies anyway than a sermon. I just need a few commentaries to get a different point of view and help with trouble spots and I'm good.

Fellowship is not limited to just church I think. That's why small groups have caught on so much on churches and so many do small groups instead of an evening service...well at least around here they have. Technically we have a small group here you know? However, we are online and can't totally fulfill everything an in person group could do.

In my opinion, I wouldn't be too dependent on the physical building of the church. You can have that fellowship that we need in different ways. It doesn't have to be just Sunday mornings...because Sunday morning church is so impersonal anyway. I really think some people think that little "hi! how are you?" is enough, and its not! There is more discipline in going to church though, which we as humans always need.

I'm not sure how to conclude this. Anyway, I've been struggling with that a lot this year too. And Satan did attack me pretty hard so be on your guard.
THE ECCENTRIC SHEEP MUSINGS

TO THOSE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST DEPRESSION
http://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep-m ... epression/

SELF INJURY AWARENESS DAY POST
https://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep- ... ury-story/
User avatar
notebooknut
 
Posts: 2105
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:11 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by notebooknut Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:28 am

^ I agree with EVERYTHING you said, Courtney. Like back to that concert- I felt a spirit of worship there more than my own church sometimes! And then people will say that Christian Metal doesn't exist. And I don't even answer because I know I'm going to get bent out of shape and quick. Like you can pick on me all you want. But the second you start ragging on my bands- no, no, no, no. Let's just say you best start running. :D

Honestly, I'm homeschooled and the bully I deal with every week is at my church. So church isn't always this place of refuge.
- Maddie

"Opposite as the day and night
As different as the sun and moon is
This is the reality of my duality
This WE needs to become a ME!"
- Jonathan Thulin, Jekyll & Hyde
User avatar
ECCENTRICSHEEP
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:09 am
Location: Texas

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:42 am

notebooknut wrote:^ I agree with EVERYTHING you said, Courtney. Like back to that concert- I felt a spirit of worship there more than my own church sometimes! And then people will say that Christian Metal doesn't exist. And I don't even answer because I know I'm going to get bent out of shape and quick. Like you can pick on me all you want. But the second you start ragging on my bands- no, no, no, no. Let's just say you best start running. :D

Honestly, I'm homeschooled and the bully I deal with every week is at my church. So church isn't always this place of refuge.


Yeah and that bully makes this sheep turn into bear, they should feel lucky I don't live there.

I won't go off on that again...I won't be able to shut up if I start again lol.
THE ECCENTRIC SHEEP MUSINGS

TO THOSE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST DEPRESSION
http://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep-m ... epression/

SELF INJURY AWARENESS DAY POST
https://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep- ... ury-story/
User avatar
notebooknut
 
Posts: 2105
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:11 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by notebooknut Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:02 am

Actually, different person. And God has been telling me to be SUUUUPER nice to this person so I have been. They won't look at me, but hey, I'm doing my part, the rest is their problem. But you are so sweet. Like what you said about turning into a bear... I believe we're all sheepies. (it's a revolution that you should start. Everyone walks around wearing a shirt with cotton balls glued to it. XD XD) And the one thing I can't stand is if people purposely put down Disciple, Wolves at the Gate, We As Human, ect. Because they know I defend these guys to the ends of the earth. I should let it roll off my shoulders, but I just can't. As I said, make fun of me, call me annoying and dumb-- wouldn't be the first time. But if you utter a single word about my boys (men lol whatever) you are going down. Same with my friends. Like I have wanted to pound so many people that have put Sam down... You don't mess with my band buddies, and you don't mess with my regular buddies. Lol, I feel like I could've just quoted Game On and said everything that I just said here but in two lines instead of 100. Oh well, I'm a writer... Can't help myself from being descriptive :D .
- Maddie

"Opposite as the day and night
As different as the sun and moon is
This is the reality of my duality
This WE needs to become a ME!"
- Jonathan Thulin, Jekyll & Hyde
User avatar
ECCENTRICSHEEP
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:09 am
Location: Texas

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:13 am

notebooknut wrote:Actually, different person. And God has been telling me to be SUUUUPER nice to this person so I have been. They won't look at me, but hey, I'm doing my part, the rest is their problem. But you are so sweet. Like what you said about turning into a bear... I believe we're all sheepies. (it's a revolution that you should start. Everyone walks around wearing a shirt with cotton balls glued to it. XD XD) And the one thing I can't stand is if people purposely put down Disciple, Wolves at the Gate, We As Human, ect. Because they know I defend these guys to the ends of the earth. I should let it roll off my shoulders, but I just can't. As I said, make fun of me, call me annoying and dumb-- wouldn't be the first time. But if you utter a single word about my boys (men lol whatever) you are going down. Same with my friends. Like I have wanted to pound so many people that have put Sam down... You don't mess with my band buddies, and you don't mess with my regular buddies. Lol, I feel like I could've just quoted Game On and said everything that I just said here but in two lines instead of 100. Oh well, I'm a writer... Can't help myself from being descriptive :D .


yes more sheep stuff I like this idea!

everyone I know is like "Disciple who?" when I go off talking about them lol
THE ECCENTRIC SHEEP MUSINGS

TO THOSE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST DEPRESSION
http://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep-m ... epression/

SELF INJURY AWARENESS DAY POST
https://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep- ... ury-story/
User avatar
notebooknut
 
Posts: 2105
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:11 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by notebooknut Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:17 am

I never "go off talking about them".... Between God, Captain America, and Wolves at the Gate-- THEY'RE ALL I EVER talk about haha!! Sam is my witness for that one!!!! :D

Off topic, but I just started a scrapbook where I put all my pics with band dudes in there. I only have 2 Disciple pages, and I'm happy to finally have a wolves one in there too.

Courtney, I promise the wolf pack won't eat your sheepies. :mrgreen:
- Maddie

"Opposite as the day and night
As different as the sun and moon is
This is the reality of my duality
This WE needs to become a ME!"
- Jonathan Thulin, Jekyll & Hyde
User avatar
ECCENTRICSHEEP
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:09 am
Location: Texas

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by ECCENTRICSHEEP Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:24 am

notebooknut wrote:I never "go off talking about them".... Between God, Captain America, and Wolves at the Gate-- THEY'RE ALL I EVER talk about haha!! Sam is my witness for that one!!!! :D

Off topic, but I just started a scrapbook where I put all my pics with band dudes in there. I only have 2 Disciple pages, and I'm happy to finally have a wolves one in there too.

Courtney, I promise the wolf pack won't eat your sheepies. :mrgreen:


I will call on the power of the most amazing sheep hybrid to every be that is Lionsheep to protect the sheepies! :P

That's whats so awesome about getting to go to a Disciple show with Alliance peeps, like when I finally get a show with Brad and Leah Spear I'm like "I FINALLY get to talk about Disciple with someone all day!!!" :D

I think between the 2 of us the bible study threads get derailed and taken down rabbit trails every single week so everyone is probably use to it by now :P
THE ECCENTRIC SHEEP MUSINGS

TO THOSE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST DEPRESSION
http://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep-m ... epression/

SELF INJURY AWARENESS DAY POST
https://jesuswired.com/eccentric-sheep- ... ury-story/
User avatar
notebooknut
 
Posts: 2105
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:11 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by notebooknut Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:18 pm

^ You're right Courtney. We're are so easily distrac--- SQUIRREL!! Hahaha.

But yeah, when I first met you all I was like, "Woah! I can talk about Disciple all day and no one cringes or sighs or anything!! This is amazing!!! :D My aunt texted me and asked for my x-mas list. I was thrown off guard since it's October. So it was like this-

www.disciplerocks.com (any merch there)
www.weashuman.com (any merch there)
www.wolvesatthegate.com (any merch there)

Yup. Because I'm just that hard to buy for!! XD XD BAND MERCH ALL DAY LONG- I'm a happy person!!!
- Maddie

"Opposite as the day and night
As different as the sun and moon is
This is the reality of my duality
This WE needs to become a ME!"
- Jonathan Thulin, Jekyll & Hyde
User avatar
sassy1506
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:08 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by sassy1506 Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:05 pm

This entire chapter is amazing. But this:

21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.


This is what stood out the most to me today. Sometimes the only thing that can make life bearable is that simple reminder that Jesus died for us because God sees our potential.
-Sam

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" -James 4:7
User avatar
notebooknut
 
Posts: 2105
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:11 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

by notebooknut Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:18 pm

Yeah, isn't that such an amazing reminder? One that we need everyday. The other night I thought about this: I was praying, and I randomly just started crying. I said, "I'm sorry that I was a big part of the horrid suffering on the cross. You felt my sin weighing on your shoulders." It's crazy. I felt this burden lift that I honestly didn't really know I was carrying... That reminder that he died because he saw such potential that sometimes we don't even see in ourselves. :D
- Maddie

"Opposite as the day and night
As different as the sun and moon is
This is the reality of my duality
This WE needs to become a ME!"
- Jonathan Thulin, Jekyll & Hyde
Return to Disciple Bible Study

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests