Promote Disciple on the 'streets' & web, use this area to talk about anything related to helping their shows be more successful.

Moderator: Bouncers

Polish Tom
Administrator

Israel & Micah

by Polish Tom Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:07 am

Tonight in Germany will be the last show with our beloved friends Micah & Israel. Micah is leaving the band to pursue his passion of recording & producing. Israel, a new father, is coming off the road to be near his family. Micah & Israel have been a strong foundation in this band for the last 5 years and have made life very easy for me and the other guys because of their hard work ethic and stress-free environment they create. They will be sorely missed. I know that their departure will raise some questions, so I will try to answer some of them now. Disciple will continue on with me and Trent. We are very excited about the players that will be joining us for our Spring tour: Rich Ward on Lead Guitar (Fozzy/Stuck Mojo), Josiah Prince on Guitar (Philmont), and Jason Wilkes on Bass (Lead Singer of High Flight Society). So tonight marks the end of an era as we say farewell to the "Beard" and "The Backflip." Please join me in this post as we thank Micah & Israel for their service to this ministry for the last 5 years, and pray that God will richly bless them in the future - Kevin
"In paradise remember me. Romance me. Ransom me." - Disciple

"...the Lord has told you what is good, & this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, & to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8
disciplefan180

Re: Israel & Micah

by disciplefan180 Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:48 pm

Nooooooooooo!! :( So sad to see them go!

Where do I apply for guitar?! Haha
S_arah

by S_arah Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:14 am

I just got back from Germany where I heard this sad news. But let me tell you one thing: the goodbye show was AMAZING! The crowd was going CRAZY and I could tell they both enjoyed it at the fullest. When Kevin told the crowd that this was their last show, they wouldnt stop clapping for them. Micah and Israel both had to cry. And me and Leonie had to cry as well. :P After the encore Micah started a solo with Josiah, Israel and Trent. I think it was an improvisation, which sounded so cool!!
I was glad that I had the opportunity to see goodbye to them, but I can imagine that its even harder for their fans in the US. Cause this news was so unexpected!
Vrees niet, want Ik heb u verlost;
Ik heb u bij uw naam geroepen, gij zijt Mijn.

Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass
- Psalm 37:5 -
Leonie

by Leonie Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:17 am

Sarah said it all...
S_arah

by S_arah Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:15 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3C81nzOcgE

I foud a youtube video of the farewell show. It's Once and for All.. :) Thought i would share it here...

Lainie
Bouncer

by Lainie Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:50 am

I posted this to the Alliance FB & Twitter page. Hope you don't mind. Glad you captured this!
The Disciple fan-mily are just the friends I haven't necessarily met yet :)
S_arah

by S_arah Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:03 pm

I dont mind at all.. I only found it on youtube, Someone else uploaded it.. ;)

CAVEpastor33

by CAVEpastor33 Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:24 pm

Thank you both for serving in this ministry. I pray God will use you both to build His kingdom. I pray that God will shower you both with His blessings!
QuickTwist

by QuickTwist Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:58 pm

CAVEpastor33 wrote:Thank you both for serving in this ministry. I pray God will use you both to build His kingdom. I pray that God will shower you both with His blessings!

I agree completely. This is an awesome band with an awesome ministry. I have never found a band whose music I like so much be so committed in a ministry such as theirs accept for the possibility of Project 86. I have not been a fallower for very long but there sound is incredibly cool, easily recognisable and I will miss what these particular persons braught to the band. I will defanitely be watching the video several times and go back to it from time to time.

May God be with you in whatever God calls you to next Isael and Micah!!!
[center]Hi! :) How are you doing today?[/center]
traviseden95

by traviseden95 Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:18 am

I will miss them dearly! "The Backflip" will always have a place in my heart!
I Thessalonians 5:17 - Pray without ceasing.
Henrik

by Henrik Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:52 pm

the farewell show was epic :p
sad to see them go still
disciplefan180

by disciplefan180 Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:59 pm

Sooooo sad to see them go!

I am in agreement with the above, where do I apply to play guitar?!
Justinizzy

by Justinizzy Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:48 pm

Will there be any open bass try outs for the band? I've been playing bass and guitar since I was 12. I'm now 29. I was a professional musician in Austin, Texas for many years before I started on a worship team after Christ knocked sense into me. I'm still committed and professional and live for rocking out for The Lord. While in Austin we played and opened up for the likes of Skid Row, Warrant, George Lynch, Tracii Guns, Paul Rodgers, Vallejo, Ratt, etc. Disciple was the very first rock band I found when The Lord took me over and made me realize what true rock n roll was for, for praise and worship. I've been following y'all for the past several years and have checked y'all out in Corpus Christi numerous times. I'm a student pastor of New Life Church in Beeville, but always have a calling for music. Micah and Israel are amazing live. All y'all are. Those are huge shoes to fill but The Lord will provide. My email is justinperez@klutchthis.com. God bless y'all. Y'all have helped many lives through your passion for music and dedication to The Lord.
austin

by austin Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:25 pm

I am a fan from the u.s Micah and Israel will be missed I got to see the concert at Kansas city at atf and I didn't know that they had left I was wandering who the new guitarist was and now I know why Micah and Israel were not there they will be missed but the show at atf was still amazing and thank you for keeping on going with your music
rshmla

by rshmla Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:52 am

I was front row and got an awesome pic of Micah's backflip when they played in dothan a few years ago.
Return to Street/E-Teams Team