Special Messages from Disciple to the members.

Moderator: Bouncers

JasonWilkes

30 Questions - Getting to know JASON

by JasonWilkes Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:38 pm

Hey Yaaaall! So Lainie sent me these questions to answer. It took me a few days but I'm finally gettin to em. Thanks for all the hearty welcomes I've gotten already. You guys are the coolest!

1)Please introduce yourself, what you play, and one thing most people don't know about you!

My name is Jason Wilkes and I now play bass and sing background vocals for Disciple. Alot of people dont realize that I am a huge fan of Pop music. I became a singer at a very young age becuz of none other than Michael Jackson.

2)Any strange or unusual talents?

I can swallow my tounge. (Dont try it... I dont wanna responsible for you choking or something crazy like that)

3)Where are you from? Where do you live now?

I was born and raised in Cedartown GA.. a super small, very country town. I now live in Woodstock GA which is just outside Atlanta

4)Wife and/or Children?

I have a wife named Chelsey and a little girl (Linley) who will be 3 years old on March 30 (2013 ofcourse).

5)Have you always been involved in music? What age did you start, and what was your first instrument?

I come from a family of musicians. I started singing before I could talk and picked up drums when I was 6. In 2001 I joined a band called High Flight Society as the lead singer. A year after joining HFS I picked up guitar. HFS road things out for 12 years. Now here I am in Disciple on bass guitar.

6)Biggest musical influences?

Like I said earlier, Michael Jackson started it all. As far as bands go however it would definitely be Foo Fighters and Jimmy Eat World.

7)What can you tell us that we can be expecting from the new lineup?

Vocals Vocals Vocals. More back ground vocals than Disciple has ever had.

8) If you could choose one of the older Disciple songs (any album from "what was I thinking - "Back Again") to play which one would it be?

Big Bad Wolf is a blast live

9)With everyone living in different places, how does that affect rehearsals/song writing?

We just commute to Nashville. No biggie. Atlanta isnt all that far.

10)With the new members, are you planning another behind the scenes video, like we got from previous lineups?

I own a photography business and do videography work. I was also Media Director at a church for a while. So I will be storming the web soon enough with tons of that stuff. 2013 Tour Journal Part 1 is actually already up on YouTube.

11)When not on the road, how often do you stay in touch with each other?

Every second of every day. Nooooot really. Just mainly hit up each other when something important is goin down.

12)How do you like being a member of Disciple now, versus your old group(s)?

I love it. I wouldnt say any more or less than High Flight, but it's equally as awesome.

13)What are your favorite "things" about the fans? Any memorable moments thus far?

They are super dedicated and very loving. One guy brought us (it became mine) homemade Deer Jerky. I LOVE Deer Jerky!

14)What's the funniest thing that has ever happened to you on stage (as a Disciple member or previous band)? WE want stories!!

So far in Disciple the funniest thing has been at The Underground in Cincinatti. During the last song I got on my knees and threw water all over Trent while he was doing a huge drum thang. Josiah then ran by, slipped, got his strap caught on the kick drum mic, broke his cable going into his guitar, and looked incredibly hilarious. So although it didnt happen to me.. I was involved, and it was awesome.

As far as stuff happening to me.. the heel fell off my boot once during a High Flight show and I did an involuntary split.

15)What do you enjoy about being on the road?

Meeting people, seeing new places, and tons of hang time with my band mates. Making memories all around.

16)Other than Family & Home, what do you miss the most while on the road?

Southern cookin and sweet tea.

17)Favorite comfort foods?

Anything my Granny cooks. Meat loaf, collard greens, homemade biscuits, cornbread, casseroles... I could go on for days.

18)Have you developed any "new" food interests in your travels?

No. I will eat whatever is in front of me at any given moment and enjoy it.

19)What sort of snacks & drinks do you like? (this comes in handy when bringing stuff to you on the road).

Meat & Mr Pibb

20)Any free time? What do you like to do?

I like to stay active. Any sort of sport. Baseball being my favorite. And I have my photography business... so I spend alot of spare time with that.

21)What's your favorite sport(s)/teams?

Dont care. I like to play sports. Couldn't care less about watching them.

22)Do you have any pets? What do you have, and what are their names?

Nope. Me and Chelsey had two dachshunds named Ben and Isabell.. but they went to a new owner after Linley was born.

23)Biggest spiritual influence?

My Poppa Jerry

24)Favorite passage of scripture?

1 Cor 4:20 "For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of Power."

25)How often do you read your Bible?

Daily. I try to early every morning.

26)How old were you when you were Baptized?

27)How has Jesus changed your life?

Even tho I've been a Christian most of my life, I was legalistic, judgmental, and fairly harsh up until about the age of 20 or so. No longer.

28)What is the most memorable thing Christ has done for you?

Provided for me and my family through everything that has happened the past 12 years.

29)random questions for the Alliance members.(feel free to ask us anything)!!

Two trains are traveling and the exact same speed of 60 yards per minute. One is goin South East-ish toward Tupelo, the other North West-ish toward Memphis. One is carrying a load pop corn flavored jelly beans, the other is carrying a load of jelly bean flavored pop corn. If the sun is currently rising in China and the trees in America are bearing golden colored maple leaves... which train will be the first to overheat? Oh, and the trains are half electric and half coal operated.
Answers are multiple choice:
a) c
b) a
c) d
d) all of the above

30) Kirk or Picard?

Pirk
Polish Tom
Administrator

Re: 30 Questions - Getting to know JASON

by Polish Tom Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:03 pm

JasonWilkes wrote:19)What sort of snacks & drinks do you like? (this comes in handy when bringing stuff to you on the road).

Meat & Mr Pibb

:lol: Not chicken. Not pork. Not beef. MEAT!
"In paradise remember me. Romance me. Ransom me." - Disciple

"...the Lord has told you what is good, & this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, & to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8
Lainie
Bouncer

by Lainie Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:32 pm

Yeah! Thanks for playing. We look forward to your updates, brother!
The Disciple fan-mily are just the friends I haven't necessarily met yet :)
Polish Tom
Administrator

by Polish Tom Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:05 pm

Polish Tom wrote:
JasonWilkes wrote:19)What sort of snacks & drinks do you like? (this comes in handy when bringing stuff to you on the road).

Meat & Mr Pibb

:lol: Not chicken. Not pork. Not beef. MEAT!

By the way, welcome to the band. I'll hopefully get to meet you and the other new dudes soon. :cool:
"In paradise remember me. Romance me. Ransom me." - Disciple

"...the Lord has told you what is good, & this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, & to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8
Sparkz4Christ

by Sparkz4Christ Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:48 pm

(I forget how to properly quote...it's been too long since I've been on here again haha!)
[quote=JasonWilkes]21)What's your favorite sport(s)/teams?

Dont care. I like to play sports. Couldn't care less about watching them.[/quote]

:cool: I love that answer. That's an awesome answer. lol

Question 29) reminds me of my geometry/pre-calc book...UGH! >.<
"The short answer is no. The long answer is NOOOOOOO!!!" - Strongbad
Even as a kitten Micah's pretty cute. - Andrew
Lainie
Bouncer

by Lainie Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:55 am

Sparkie...you're BACK!!! Welcome home, sister!
The Disciple fan-mily are just the friends I haven't necessarily met yet :)
WanderingStar
Bouncer

by WanderingStar Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:37 pm

Welcome! I am incredibly excited to see what behind the scenes video/picture content we'll be seeing soon. :)
- Mary

"Is it OK to not know, not have the answers, and simply be someone who is searching for Someone to save me?"

We are the Alliance:
www.facebook.com/DiscipleAlliance
www.twitter.com/discipalliance
notebooknut

by notebooknut Tue May 12, 2015 3:38 pm

Okay, is anyone else thoroughly freaked out by the fact that he can swallow his tongue?! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Cause I am!!
- Maddie

"Opposite as the day and night
As different as the sun and moon is
This is the reality of my duality
This WE needs to become a ME!"
- Jonathan Thulin, Jekyll & Hyde
Return to From the Band