Special Messages from Disciple to the members.

Moderator: Bouncers

KleinesLicht

30 questions - Getting to Know TRENT

by KleinesLicht Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:45 pm

I thought I just start the topic and see what happens....or send an extra pm with the questions to Trent and a reminder to the rest :D

Anyway, I heartily welcome TRENT in our awesome Disciple family!!!

1)Please introduce yourself, what you play, and one thing most people don't know about you!

2)Any strange or unusual talents?

3)Where are you from? Where do you live now?

4)Wife or Children (Signifigant other)?

5)Have you always been involved in music? What age did you start, and what was your first instrument?

6)Biggest musical influences?

7)What can you tell us that we can be expecting from the new lineup?

8)If you could choose one of the older Disciple songs (any album from "what was I thinking - "Back Again") to play which one would it be?

9)With everyone living in different places, how does that affect rehearsals/song writing?

10)With the new members, are you planning another behind the scenes video, like we got from previous lineups?

11)When not on the road, how often do you stay in touch with each other?

12)How do you like being a member of Disciple now, versus your old group(s)?

13)What are your favorite "things" about the fans? Any memorable moments thus far?

14)What's the funniest thing that has ever happened to you on stage (as a Disciple member or previous band)? WE want stories!!

15)What do you enjoy about being on the road?

16)Other than Family & Home, what do you miss the most while on the road?

17)Favorite comfort foods?

18)Have you developed any "new" food interests in your travels?

19)What sort of snacks & drinks do you like? (this comes in handy when bringing stuff to you on the road).

20)Any free time? What do you like to do?

21)What's your favorite sport(s)/teams?

22)Do you have any pets? What do you have, and what are their names?

23)Biggest spiritual influence?

24)Favorite passage of scripture?

25)How often do you read your Bible?

26)How old were you when you were Baptized?

27)How has Jesus changed your life?

28)What is the most memorable thing Christ has done for you?

29)random questions for the Alliance members.(feel free to ask us anything)!!

30) Kirk or Pikard?
Polish Tom wrote:
VOTE!
VOTE!
VOTE!

I am totally in love with the Welch family!

T-Rent wrote: What's this twitter thing everyone keeps talking about? ;)
Alpine or Oak

Re: 30 questions - Getting to Know TRENT

by Alpine or Oak Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:29 pm

Thanks, Sabine!!! :D
Go ahead
Put a target on my forehead
You can fire
But you’ve got no bullet
I was yours
I’m not yours anymore
You don’t own me
KleinesLicht

by KleinesLicht Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:40 pm

just sent him a message...so we'll see
Polish Tom wrote:
VOTE!
VOTE!
VOTE!

KleinesLicht

by KleinesLicht Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:39 pm

Trent will try to hand in his answers early next week.

Be patient if he won't ....those guys are hard-working and try their best!
Polish Tom wrote:
VOTE!
VOTE!
VOTE!

T-Rent
Bouncer

by T-Rent Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:48 pm

Hey Everyone! I'm new to this whole "forum" thing so I'd like to apologize ahead of time if I ever miss any messages, which I think are called "pm's?" haha. Anyways, thanks to everyone for welcoming me to the band! You guys are awesome.

1) Please introduce yourself, what you play, and one thing most people don't know about you! Hello everyone, thank you for your interest in getting to know me a little bit, My name is Trent Reiff (Rife) and I now play drums for Disciple. One thing most people don't know about me is that I have a weird obsession with crocodiles/ alligators. However, more people are beginning to learn this since I decided it was a good idea to get a crocodile tattoo.

2) Any strange or unusual talents? I wish

3) Where are you from? Where do you live now? I grew up in Glendale, AZ and currently live in Nashville, TN.

4) Wife or Children (Signifigant other)? Not as of now, someday I hope to have a wife and kids.

5) Have you always been involved in music? What age did you start, and what was your first instrument?
My whole family has always been involved some way or another in music I started playing on coffee cans with some type of canvas covering that my dad made for me when I was 3, when I was 4 my parents bought me a practice drum pad set. I remember at that point not having any cymbals, then they bought me my first drum kit for Christmas right before I turned 5. I remember the first thing that I had opened was a cymbal, and my first guess was that it was a gold record. Saying that makes me feel old. haha.

6) Biggest musical influences? Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater by far.

7) What can you tell us that we can be expecting from the new lineup?
I've been hearing great things about our current line up. More energy and more entertaining than ever before.

8.) If you could choose one of the older Disciple songs (any album from "what was I thinking - "Back Again") to play which one would it be?
Coal off of "By God"

9) With everyone living in different places, how does that affect rehearsals/song writing?
These days, Kevin is the only one that doesn't live in the "Nashville" area. However, we don't really rehearse anyways. Unless we need to learn some new or very old songs. In which, it takes some careful planning to get everyone together.

10) With the new members, are you planning another behind the scenes video, like we got from previous lineups?
Behind the scenes huh? I'll have to look into this, someone respond to this with a link to the video. Please :)

11) When not on the road, how often do you stay in touch with each other?
VERY often. We all just like to have a good time. I think we actually get along better than a family. ha. We hang out when we're at home and not only when we're on the road. So it's great.

12) How do you like being a member of Disciple now, versus your old group(s)?
Well, I've never really been "in" a band before Disciple, I've worked with and toured with other bands working production, but I've never been in any band besides the garage band I was in during High school. I love it. God has truly blessed me.

13) What are your favorite "things" about the fans? Any memorable moments thus far?
When Sabine, Hannah, Hannah's mum, and Brian brought me a Monster and Double Stuffed Oreos. And also anyone that's actually welcomed me to the band, thank you very much.

14) What's the funniest thing that has ever happened to you on stage (as a Disciple member or previous band)? WE want stories!!
Well… nothing has really happened to ME… however, i will tell you the funniest thing that has happened on stage since i've been in Disciple. One night we were playing in a park at an amphitheater, your typical concrete stage, however, there was a gap between the crowd and the front of the stage. This gap was a large bush. Don't ask me who thought that was a good idea, i'm sure they're very sorry for what they've done. ANYWAYS, we're playing and everyone's head banging, jumping around all over the place and Kevin loses his balance and ends up falling IN the bush. Now this bush isn't just your typical bush, this bush is almost 5 feet deep, so kevin is up to his shoulders in this bush. I didn't personally see Kevin's face but he ended up looking backwards directly at Micah and apparently was making the funniest face. Maybe like a "Please help me out of here." Now you'd think that maybe someone would help him out of the bush…… but you'd be wrong. He had to climb out of that thing back onto the stage by himself and take the embarrassment like a man. I'll never forget seeing him crawling back on the stage that night. If you read all that and didn't crack a smile, I guess you had to be there. ha. That's the go to response when nobody laughs at your story right? "I guess you had to be there"

15) What do you enjoy about being on the road?
Hanging out and waking up to a different environment everyday. Also the wonderful home cooking we get at shows.

16) Other than Family & Home, what do you miss the most while on the road?
My big bed, spending time with friends, staying up late playing Modern Warfare until 4am, and my motorcycle.

17) Favorite comfort foods?
I don't really have "comfort" foods, but I love me some ice-cream with fresh peanut butter on top, and I love double stuffed oreo's.

18) Have you developed any "new" food interests in your travels?
SHEETZ! and Sushi.

19) What sort of snacks & drinks do you like? (this comes in handy when bringing stuff to you on the road).
Double Stuffed Oreo's, Golden Oreos, fruit by the foot, red vines, mountain trail mix, and sour straws… I'm making myself hungry talking about this.

20) Any free time? What do you like to do?
I like to ride motorcycles with my buddies, go cliff jumping at the lake, have cookouts, and I like camping.

21) What's your favorite sport(s)/teams?
Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Coyotes, Arizona Cardinals but also the Tennessee Titans and New England Patriots.

22)Do you have any pets? What do you have, and what are their names? I don't have any anymore, I had a few family pets while I lived at home. All dogs. LOVE dogs, big ones especially. I also had a gold fish or two at one point.

23)Biggest spiritual influence?
My parents. They've raised me with their values and have made me the person that I am.

24) Favorite passage of scripture?
Revelation 3:16 "So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth." -ESV

25) How often do you read your Bible?
Never often enough. I try to read it every night when I go to bed, but sometimes I fail.

26) How old were you when you were Baptized?
I actually haven't been baptized yet. My parents had always wanted it to be 100% my choice whenever I was ready. My best friend growing up and I always used to say, ok, next time baptisms are happening, we're going to do it. But we never did. I'd love to get baptized in the Jordan river, but I don't know when i'd ever go there and I want to be baptized asap. I think I'm going to have Kevin baptize me. But seriously.

27) How has Jesus changed your life?
Jesus has been way too good to me my entire life. I've been blessed over and over with a wonderful family, great friends, and have had a lot of doors opened in my life. I wouldn't be here answering these questions and I definitely wouldn't be on stage if I didn't have Jesus.

28) What is the most memorable thing Christ has done for you?
One particular instance comes to mind, it's not the biggest thing Christ has done for me, but it was a point of appreciation. I remember I was on a bus by myself, before I had a drumming gig, i'd been looking for awhile. I heard that Pillar was looking for a guy and I got setup with an audition. Right when I heard back about getting an audition, my itunes was on and a song by hillsong united "Sovereign Hands" started playing, and at that point I just really felt the presence of God and came to realize all of the small little details that God puts together to make things happen. It all started years ago when I moved to Nashville, over a couple years span I met the right people, ended up on a bus by myself, exactly when I heard back about getting an audition, not only had my laptop on, but a hillsong song came on upon me hanging up. It made me realize just how much God really loves all of us. For Him to put that much effort into something so small in just MY life, let alone EVERY other person on this earth, is just incredible. That's just one great moment where I really began to appreciate how God kinda works everything together in our lives. The best thing he's ever done for me was of course, send His son to die for me so I could be forgiven for all of my sins, but the second best thing He's done was allow me to be apart of Disciple and the ministry that goes along with this band.

29) random questions for the Alliance members.(feel free to ask us anything)!!
A- What's your favorite thing that Disciple does to keep you up to date on what's going on? Following Kevin and Andrew on twitter? Videos that we post? etc.
B- What's your personal favorite song off of the new album and why?
C- Did anyone ever get to try the 99cent tacos from Burger King when they had them, about 5 years ago? If so, do you like Burger King tacos or Jack in the box tacos more?

30) Kirk or Pikard?
I'm going to have to go with Kirk. His name is easier to say :)
Reach2011

Location: Costa Verde...but since that's not real, Mon Valley, PA

by Reach2011 Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:32 pm

29B - The Ballad of Saint Augustine. The riff is sick, and I'm a Nightwish fanboy, so lyrics about the loss/return of innocence are instant hooks. Haha
Hearts once soft have turned to stone, left their King to die alone
Lips that once had echoed praise now mock the holy gift of grace
Prophecy fulfilled in death complete redemption with final breath
Israel lifting up her King not in praise but suffering
KleinesLicht

by KleinesLicht Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:40 pm

Welcome newbie :mrgreen:

T-Rent wrote:Hey Everyone! I'm new to this whole "forum" thing so I'd like to apologize ahead of time if I ever miss any messages, which I think are called "pm's?" haha. Anyways, thanks to everyone for welcoming me to the band! You guys are awesome.

This supposed to be an advantage for you now being here, I didn't mean to freak you out :mrgreen:

5) I started playing on coffee cans with some type of canvas covering that my dad made for me when I was 3, when I was 4 my parents bought me a practice drum pad set.

Love that...I hope I will at least have one kid interested in drumming
I really won't care the noise. =)

10) With the new members, are you planning another behind the scenes video, like we got from previous lineups?
Behind the scenes huh? I'll have to look into this, someone respond to this with a link to the video. Please :)

Oh please, that should've been your homework months ago. :mrgreen:
Anyway, I don't think there's a link, but ask Kevin for the DVD.

13) What are your favorite "things" about the fans? Any memorable moments thus far?
When Sabine, Hannah, Hannah's mum, and Brian brought me a Monster and Double Stuffed Oreos. And also anyone that's actually welcomed me to the band, thank you very much.

haha. I overread this the first time.
Well you are very welcome. And good to know you prefer the double stuffed ones (as Andrew doesn't and I already felt a bit sorry....well not too much :mrgreen: )

A- What's your favorite thing that Disciple does to keep you up to date on what's going on? Following Kevin and Andrew on twitter? Videos that we post? etc.
C- Did anyone ever get to try the 99cent tacos from Burger King when they had them, about 5 years ago? If so, do you like Burger King tacos or Jack in the box tacos more?

A- That Andrew's around here pretty much, keeping all non-twitterer updated (You post videos?)
B- the ballad of s. augustine: First, because of the drum-intro...yeah :cool: and second Kevin's scream near the end. If b-sides count as well I might have to reconsider this =)

30) Kirk or Pikard?
I'm going to have to go with Kirk. His name is easier to say :)

This sounds good...no starwars fan here, hm? :cool:

Thanks Trent!
Polish Tom wrote:
VOTE!
VOTE!
VOTE!

Sparkz4Christ

by Sparkz4Christ Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:53 pm

Yaaaay now we can spam you!!! =D

T-Rent wrote:13) What are your favorite "things" about the fans? Any memorable moments thus far?

My mom will love that you mentioned her. lol :mrgreen: and you're very welcome.

A- Well you haven't posted many videos, but the ones that have been posted are a lot of fun to watch =) I do love reading the Twitter posts too.
B- Either The Ballad of St. Augustine or Invisible. Ballad of St. Augustine cuz it's just sick! I can blast that song in my car so loud the whole thing shakes...and it's still not loud enough. Invisible cuz it reminds me of what I'm not =)
C- Buger King had tacos?
"The short answer is no. The long answer is NOOOOOOO!!!" - Strongbad
Even as a kitten Micah's pretty cute. - Andrew
Alpine or Oak

by Alpine or Oak Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:34 am

Thanks for answering the questions, Trent. And now that it's official...welcome to the band! See y'all at Rage Festival in Phoenix, AZ.

And Sabine, thanks again for posting the questions for me! I'm a slacker, lol!
Go ahead
Put a target on my forehead
You can fire
But you’ve got no bullet
I was yours
I’m not yours anymore
You don’t own me
T-Rent
Bouncer

by T-Rent Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:47 am

Sparkz4Christ wrote:Yaaaay now we can spam you!!! =D

T-Rent wrote:13) What are your favorite "things" about the fans? Any memorable moments thus far?

My mom will love that you mentioned her. lol :mrgreen: and you're very welcome.

A- Well you haven't posted many videos, but the ones that have been posted are a lot of fun to watch =) I do love reading the Twitter posts too.
B- Either The Ballad of St. Augustine or Invisible. Ballad of St. Augustine cuz it's just sick! I can blast that song in my car so loud the whole thing shakes...and it's still not loud enough. Invisible cuz it reminds me of what I'm not =)
C- Buger King had tacos?

Spam me!? Yes.. Burger King had tacos... and I LOVED them. I've been craving another for years.
T-Rent
Bouncer

by T-Rent Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:51 am

[quote="KleinesLicht"]Welcome newbie :mrgreen:

Quote:
5) I started playing on coffee cans with some type of canvas covering that my dad made for me when I was 3, when I was 4 my parents bought me a practice drum pad set.

Love that...I hope I will at least have one kid interested in drumming
I really won't care the noise. =)

Ya my parents were awesome about me making noise. Of course there were time restraints and I always had to ask before i played, but they stuck it out through all those years.

Quote:

haha. I overread this the first time.

Well you are very welcome. And good to know you prefer the double stuffed ones (as Andrew doesn't and I already felt a bit sorry....well not too much )

Just yesterday I tried the golden oreos and I love them. Haven't decided whether I like them or the double stuffed better yet. Also, is mrgreen my nickname now?

Quote:

A- That Andrew's around here pretty much, keeping all non-twitterer updated (You post videos?)
B- the ballad of s. augustine: First, because of the drum-intro...yeah and second Kevin's scream near the end. If b-sides count as well I might have to reconsider this =)

Videos such as the montage video which I think is the most recent. Basically, just videos of us showing you what we do and trying to make you laugh at the same time.

Quote:
30) Kirk or Pikard?
I'm going to have to go with Kirk. His name is easier to say
This sounds good...no starwars fan here, hm?

No, i'm sorry. Micah and I are kind of in the same boat when it comes to Starwars.
T-Rent
Bouncer

by T-Rent Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:52 am

Alpine or Oak wrote:Thanks for answering the questions, Trent. And now that it's official...welcome to the band! See y'all at Rage Festival in Phoenix, AZ.

And Sabine, thanks again for posting the questions for me! I'm a slacker, lol!

How long have you been going to Rage Fest?
T-Rent
Bouncer

by T-Rent Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:53 am

My dad would like you guys. His favorite song is The Ballad of St. Augustine also. I believe my mom's is Invisible or Dear X.
ShArP

by ShArP Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:35 am

T-Rent wrote:29) random questions for the Alliance members.(feel free to ask us anything)!!

A: I follow Kevin, Andrew, and the Disciple Twitter and have them go to my phone through text message, and they ammuse me sometimes lol

B: Collision just because ummm I have it in my head i just can't say it in words lol

C: Nope

Oh man and now that Trent has figured out how to post, he isn't gonna leave lol

So here is a question for you Trent, how many drum sticks do you break each show? When I saw you at Uprise Fest in PA you broke a good many.
T-Rent
Bouncer

by T-Rent Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:28 am

ShArP wrote:
Oh man and now that Trent has figured out how to post, he isn't gonna leave lol

So here is a question for you Trent, how many drum sticks do you break each show? When I saw you at Uprise Fest in PA you broke a good many.

haha... Oh come on! I won't post THAT often :) Well, it seems to vary every show. The most sticks i've broken in one show was 6 I think. But sometimes I don't break any.
disciplerocks

by disciplerocks Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:58 am

Trent- I'm happy I got the chance to officially welcome you the band Saturday. Don't forget to dye your hair blonde. :p

I'm not sure how I feel about you being a Patriots fan...that might just be unaccpetable! However, you may have redeemed yourself since you're a dog person. I'll let you know. :cool:

I loved your answer to the baptism question. I was baptized for the first time a few weeks ago. I've been ready for the past several years and just never got around to it, as bad as that sounds. I never wanted to do it when I was really young because I felt it was something personal and a big step. It was an amazing experience I'm really glad I did it when I did. I think it meant more to me because I understood exactly what I was doing. I had my sister and step-mom come into the water with me. Anyway, I'm rambling. :)

Jack in the Box!!!! We don't have them in Indiana, but I have family in Texas and if there's a jack in the box in a 4 hour radius I will be there ;)

My personal favorite song off the new album is Worth the Pain, it's beautiful. It combines meaningful lyrics, a nice sound, and enough rock to melt your face off.

Thanks for taking time to answer the questions Trent. I'll see you in Toledo in a few weeks, hopefully with some double stuf oreos!
Last edited by disciplerocks on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angela

"Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind....."

VOTE!
boughtbyJC

by boughtbyJC Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:02 pm

T-Rent wrote:29) random questions for the Alliance members.(feel free to ask us anything)!!

The Ballad of St. Augustine. The song is just awesome. The lyrics are amazing. And I love to turn it up in my car and rattle the windows. :p :lol:

And welcome to the band, Trent. Looks like it's going to be awhile before I can get to a show, but I look forward to seeing you behind the drums. :mrgreen:
~Jennifer

I thought it fitting considering the rocky terrain.
Sparkz4Christ

by Sparkz4Christ Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:31 pm

T-Rent wrote:Spam me!? Yes.. Burger King had tacos... and I LOVED them. I've been craving another for years.

I was joking about the spamming.......kinda...but seriously. :P lol
"The short answer is no. The long answer is NOOOOOOO!!!" - Strongbad
Even as a kitten Micah's pretty cute. - Andrew
T-Rent
Bouncer

by T-Rent Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:15 pm

disciplerocks wrote:Trent- I'm happy I got the chance to officially welcome you the band Saturday. Don't forget to dye your hair blonde. :p

I'm not sure how I feel about you being a Patriots fan...that might just be unaccpetable! However, you may have redeemed yourself since you're a dog person. I'll let you know. :cool:

I loved your answer to the baptism question. I was baptized for the first time a few weeks ago. I've been ready for the past several years and just never got around to it, as bad as that sounds. I never wanted to do it when I was really young because I felt it was something personal and a big step. It was an amazing experience I'm really glad I did it when I did. I think it meant more to me because I understood exactly what I was doing. I had my sister and step-mom come into the water with me. Anyway, I'm rambling. :)

Jack in the Box!!!! We don't have them in Indiana, but I have family in Texas and if there's a jack in the box in a 4 hour radius I will be there ;)

My personal favorite song off the new album is Worth the Pain, it's beautiful. It combines meaningful lyrics, a nice sound, and enough rock to melt your face off.

Thanks for taking time to answer the questions Trent. I'll see you in Toledo in a few weeks, hopefully with some double stuf oreos!

I'll let you in on the reason why I like the Patriots... It's really dumb. haha. When I used to play Madden 08 (I think it was 08) the Patriots had one of the highest rankings so I always picked them so I'd have a better chance of winning. :)

That's AWESOME that you were recently baptized! That's cool that you had your sister and step-mom come in with you too.

Jack in the Box- have you ever had their mini churros? Sooooo good.

Worth the Pain is my 2nd favorite... I LOVE playing it live.

Awesome... see you then! If you don't bring me oreos... well... there may be consequences. Ok not really.... i'll totally forget by then.
T-Rent
Bouncer

by T-Rent Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:18 pm

boughtbyJC wrote:

The Ballad of St. Augustine. The song is just awesome. The lyrics are amazing. And I love to turn it up in my car and rattle the windows. :p :lol:

And welcome to the band, Trent. Looks like it's going to be awhile before I can get to a show, but I look forward to seeing you behind the drums. :mrgreen:

Thanks :) and bummer! We're hitting a lot of the country this fall but not TN, so far at least :) You never know I guess. Pray pray pray. Anything's possible.
Return to From the Band