Special Messages from Disciple to the members.

Moderator: Bouncers

S_arah

Re: 30 QUESTIONS WITH DISCIPLE

by S_arah Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:24 pm

Kevin Young wrote:
Da juggler wrote:
HAN is NOT the man!!!!!!!!
R2D2 is THE MAN!!!!!

ummmmm...... I don't know how to tell you this........... but here it goes...... I'm not saying you're a "Liar" and "This Might Sting A Little", but R2-D2 is not a man...... and obviously impossible for him to be "the" man. I hate that you had to find out this way. "Someone" had to tell you, and I just couldn't let it go in the "Things Left Unsaid" category. Luckily for you, "The Wait Is Over" and you have been "Stripped Away" from this foolish thinking that might have had "No End At All". R2-D2 is a DROID, which is close to being a man, but close only counts in "Horseshoes & Handgrenades". It's really a great "Tribute" to the DROID that you love R2-D2 so much "After The World" of Alderaan, his home planet for many years, was destroyed like a "Falling Star" for "Whatever Reason." I guess Darth Vader just wanted to unleash the "Deafening" power of the Death Star to "Watch It Burn" until it was "Invisible" to the rest of the galaxy for all "Eternity". But the truth must come up from the ashes like a "Phoenix Rising". So "Next Time", "Before You" come "Back Again" on these message boards and start disagreeing with me, get in "Touch" with the "Remembering" part of the brain that knows that a DROID is "Not The Same" thing as a man! And "Furthermore", just in case you're not listening to me, not understanding a word I say, or the message I bring..... believing that R2-D2 is the man is like believing the "Easter Bunny" is the "Big Bad Wolf". There are a "Thousand Things" I don't know, but "I Just Know" this isn't one of them. So in conclusion, lift your "Face" DA JUGGLER, and let this truth "Shine Down" and "Touch" your "Hardened" heart........ and never "Fear"....... for you are loved "By God" and by me too!

:lol: Love this..
Vrees niet, want Ik heb u verlost;
Ik heb u bij uw naam geroepen, gij zijt Mijn.

Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass
- Psalm 37:5 -
Polish Tom
Administrator

by Polish Tom Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:35 pm

IsraelB wrote:
Kevin Young wrote:
Da juggler wrote:
R2D2 is THE MAN!!!!!

ummmmm...... I don't know how to tell you this........... but here it goes...... I'm not saying you're a "Liar" and "This Might Sting A Little", but R2-D2 is not a man...... and obviously impossible for him to be "the" man. I hate that you had to find out this way. "Someone" had to tell you, and I just couldn't let it go in the "Things Left Unsaid" category. Luckily for you, "The Wait Is Over" and you have been "Stripped Away" from this foolish thinking that might have had "No End At All". R2-D2 is a DROID, which is close to being a man, but close only counts in "Horseshoes & Handgrenades". It's really a great "Tribute" to the DROID that you love R2-D2 so much "After The World" of Alderaan, his home planet for many years, was destroyed like a "Falling Star" for "Whatever Reason." I guess Darth Vader just wanted to unleash the "Deafening" power of the Death Star to "Watch It Burn" until it was "Invisible" to the rest of the galaxy for all "Eternity". But the truth must come up from the ashes like a "Phoenix Rising". So "Next Time", "Before You" come "Back Again" on these message boards and start disagreeing with me, get in "Touch" with the "Remembering" part of the brain that knows that a DROID is "Not The Same" thing as a man! And "Furthermore", just in case you're not listening to me, not understanding a word I say, or the message I bring..... believing that R2-D2 is the man is like believing the "Easter Bunny" is the "Big Bad Wolf". There are a "Thousand Things" I don't know, but "I Just Know" this isn't one of them. So in conclusion, lift your "Face" DA JUGGLER, and let this truth "Shine Down" and "Touch" your "Hardened" heart........ and never "Fear"....... for you are loved "By God" and by me too!

I'm a fast reader and that took 5 minutes to get through

And I would believe that it took Kevin less than 2 to write that up.
"In paradise remember me. Romance me. Ransom me." - Disciple

"...the Lord has told you what is good, & this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, & to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8
jenjen3233

by jenjen3233 Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:48 pm

^^^ and that ladies an gentlemen is the answer of most epicness! Love it!
music is my escape, my comfort, and my reminder of His love

http://urnotinvisibletome.tumblr.com/
YOU'RE not invisible, help remind others of the same

Janiene22 wrote: I am a child of God made beautiful and unique

kkg4him wrote:
You ARE beautiful, ALL of you. Scars and all.
Sparkz4Christ

by Sparkz4Christ Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:37 pm

Kevin Young wrote:
Da juggler wrote:
R2D2 is THE MAN!!!!!

:lol: No joke, I laughed like crazy for like 10 minutes xD that is just pure epicness!
"The short answer is no. The long answer is NOOOOOOO!!!" - Strongbad
Even as a kitten Micah's pretty cute. - Andrew
AndrewWelch
Bouncer

by AndrewWelch Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:56 pm

QUESTION 13: In your own opinions, what is the best album/artist to listen to when driving for hours on the road?

Kevin: Bon Jovi. No wait. U2. No wait Hillsong United. No wait Disciple. No wait......

Andrew: anything by AC/DC or Motorhead

Trent: Dream Theater, because the songs are usually 10+ minutes.

Micah: Love me some Weezer on road trips.

Israel: Any thing that will keep my mind stimulated and not zone out. Any Thrice or Five Iron Frenzy will work though.
JOHN 3:30
Meaux08

by Meaux08 Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:02 am

I'd like to say that Kevin has made me love Bon Jovi so much more than I already did! I saw footage of you singing Living on a Prayer and I'll be there for you and it was awesome! Great job sir!

I would like to request a Disciple Bon Jovi cover EP.
Reach2011

Location: Costa Verde...but since that's not real, Mon Valley, PA

by Reach2011 Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:39 pm

AndrewWelch wrote:
Trent: Dream Theater.

I think I like the new guy. :mrgreen:
Hearts once soft have turned to stone, left their King to die alone
Lips that once had echoed praise now mock the holy gift of grace
Prophecy fulfilled in death complete redemption with final breath
Israel lifting up her King not in praise but suffering
AndrewWelch
Bouncer

by AndrewWelch Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:35 am

sorry i've been slacking off. i have no excuses....i'm just forgetful.

QUESTION 14: What is your top 5 albums of all time?

Kevin: 1. Petra - This Means War
2. U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind
3. Lenny Kravitz - Circus
4. Bride - Snakes In The Playground
5. Bon Jovi - New Jersey
Ask me 10 minutes later, and my list will have changed by then.

Andrew: this question is impossible to answer so i'll just list 5 records i couldn't live without. (in no particular order)
1. Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin
2. The Colour and The Shape - Foo Fighters
3. Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
4. Break Away - Kelly Clarkson (don't judge me...you asked)
5. Iron Glory - Iron Glory

Micah: I'd like to change the question to "What is your top 5 albums right now?" in that case. In no particular order, Beauty and the breakdown by Bury Your Dead, Lies For The Liars by The Used, Viva la Vida by Coldplay, Brand New Eyes by Paramore, The Resistance by Muse.

Israel: In no particular order: Project 86- Truthless Heroes, Pedro the Lion- Control, Weezer- Pinkerton, Deftones- White Pony & Depeche Mode- Violator

QUESTION 15: if you were given a microphone and sat in front of a camera, and were told that the entire world would be tuning to hear what you were about to say, what would you say?

Kevin: Something about God's love through His Son Jesus Christ.

Andrew: probably something baked in 15 layers of sarcasm...i'd also plug Brad Noah's "An Acoustic Christmas"

Trent: This is Kevin, he would like to say something.

Israel: That the beauty of grace is that it's not fair. And then ramble on about that for an hour.

QUESTION 16: If a zombie apocalypse happened, what would be your weapon of choice?

Kevin: AK-47 with a grenade launcher and unlimited ammo

Andrew: i'd cut off my hand and replace it with a chainsaw.

Trent: Samurai Sword

Micah: Cordless Reciprocating Saw

Israel: my bass guitar as a four stringed broadsword. Hey, it's the apocalypse, why do I need it?

QUESTION 17: Who in the band likes starbucks? Favorite drink?

Kevin: Venti Iced Coffee with milk with 2 packs of raw sugar

Andrew: Casi Cielo when it's in season. second choice is an iced Americano...whatever size is bigger than Venti.

Trent: White Chocolate Mocha at 150degrees.

Micah: ME! (Micah) Iced Grande Vanilla Breve Starbucks Double Shot.

Israel: I like it though will visit a local shop if available. I like Americanos and cold-brewed coffee
jenjen3233

by jenjen3233 Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:05 am

AndrewWelch wrote:sorry i've been slacking off. i have no excuses....i'm just forgetful.

hey no worries! you are doing way more then you have to just by having this thread! we all appreciate it :D

AndrewWelch wrote:QUESTION 15: if you were given a microphone and sat in front of a camera, and were told that the entire world would be tuning to hear what you were about to say, what would you say?

Kevin: Something about God's love through His Son Jesus Christ.

Trent: This is Kevin, he would like to say something.

lol @ trents answer...i would prob do the same due to Kevin's gift of Preaching :D

AndrewWelch wrote:QUESTION 17: Who in the band likes starbucks? Favorite drink?

Kevin: Venti Iced Coffee with milk with 2 packs of raw sugar

Andrew: Casi Cielo when it's in season. second choice is an iced Americano...whatever size is bigger than Venti.

Trent: White Chocolate Mocha at 150degrees.

Micah: ME! (Micah) Iced Grande Vanilla Breve Starbucks Double Shot.

Israel: I like it though will visit a local shop if available. I like Americanos and cold-brewed coffee
duely noted *grins*
music is my escape, my comfort, and my reminder of His love

http://urnotinvisibletome.tumblr.com/
YOU'RE not invisible, help remind others of the same

Janiene22 wrote: I am a child of God made beautiful and unique

kkg4him wrote:
You ARE beautiful, ALL of you. Scars and all.
IsraelB
Bouncer

by IsraelB Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:05 am

"5. Iron Glory - Iron Glory"

Andrew, I prefer their sophomore record. More ambitious though lacking some of the pop sensibilities.

~Is
"luminous beings are we, not this crude matter"

Amin khiluva lle a' gurtha ar' thar
AndrewWelch
Bouncer

by AndrewWelch Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:36 pm

QUESTION 18: Who in the band laughs the most?

Kevin: I would say that would be me

Andrew: definitely Kevin...he also laughs the hardest.

Trent: hmmm... We all laugh a LOT... But, the guy who laughs the hardest would have to be Kevin.

Micah: Me... Or kevin.... Well, andrew... or israel.... actually trent i think.

Israel: Probably Kevin. Mostly because of Andrew.
Da juggler

Location: well there is a tree and there is another one and another one and another..............

by Da juggler Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:59 pm

AndrewWelch wrote:QUESTION 18: Who in the band laughs the most?

Israel: Probably Kevin. Mostly because of Andrew.

Andrew do you inflict pain upon yourself?
Robb
facebook

ShArP wrote:Kevin secretly kicked himself out but he does not know it yet
AndrewWelch
Bouncer

by AndrewWelch Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:14 pm

QUESTION 19: What is the most played song in each of the guys' music library?

Kevin: My most played song is "Hosanna" from Hillsong United

Andrew: mine is a 3 way tie: Katy Perry "California Gurls", Africa "Toto", and the entire Colour and The Shape record by Foo Fighters.

Trent: Ion dissonance- The Surge

Micah: Glass of Water by Coldplay

Israel: Be Thou My Vision by Pedro the Lion wins with 37 plays!

QUESTION 20: What songs on Horseshoes and Handgrenades are your favorites, and why?

Kevin: Shot Heard Round The World. I love the theme and the Bridge/Outro

Andrew: Eternity is my jam....i think it's a great all around song...especially the bridge.

Trent: 1-Shot Heard 'Round The World- This particular song has every element in it that I love, that aren't found in any of the other songs on this record. I love dueling vocals and low growls to top off a heavy song. 2- Worth the Pain- This song says so much and I see it really picking up a lot of people's heads in the hard times that they may be going through. This song is huge, not only in a musical way, but in a spiritual way too. "Worth the Pain" says so much in itself.

Micah: This changes for me daily it seems. I'll go with Worth the Pain. My favorite because writing wise, the music just came to me, that was a great day. Lyrically, Me, israel and Kev had a great time workin on it together.

Israel: My favorites are Remedy and Worth the Pain. Both musically and lyrically they are beautiful.

QUESTION 21: What is the weirdest job each of you have ever had?

Kevin: I sold Kirby Vacuum Cleaners

Andrew: i used to work at Build-A-Bear Worshop....and no i don't want to discuss it....

Trent: Bag boy at Fry's grocery stores. Not so weird

Micah: Delivery boy for a local classified ad paper.

Israel: I worked as a telemarketer for about a week. It's the only job I quit by not showing up.

QUESTION 22: In your own opinions, what is the best video game ever?

Kevin: The best video game ever was the first Halo. We did a tour with Poor Man's Riches and Staple back in 2003 or 2004, and that game was played every night. It was something that "everybody" got into which made a "family" game.... and the BEST GAME EVER.

Andrew: two-way tie between Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong Country both for SNES

Trent: Modern Warfare 2

Micah: Counter-Strike on PC.

Israel: Super Metroid for SNES
bandmonkey08

by bandmonkey08 Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:55 pm

dear andrew... you have just become my favorite band member, not only b/c eternity is your fave off the new record but also because you used to work at build a bear. from one bear builder to another, i salute you!!
~Liz

"i choose to be alive
especially because the
odds say i should die"
-lacey sturm

We are the Alliance:
http://www.facebook.com/DiscipleAlliance
GuitarDude22

by GuitarDude22 Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:37 pm

Shot Heard Round the World for the win!!! Love how it can kick you in the face but still have that melodic epicness in the bridge and the end. Excellent choice Kevin! :cool:

God is bigger.
Da juggler

Location: well there is a tree and there is another one and another one and another..............

by Da juggler Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:43 am

AndrewWelch wrote:Trent: Modern Warfare 2

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
are you going to get black ops?
Robb
facebook

ShArP wrote:Kevin secretly kicked himself out but he does not know it yet
AndrewWelch
Bouncer

by AndrewWelch Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:47 pm

QUESTION 23: First car you ever had/ what is your dream car if money wasnt a question?

Kevin: My first car ever was a blue 1986 Honda CRX. My dream car is a brand new corvette or the black convertible corvette from the movie Rush Hour

Andrew: my first car (which i still own and drive regularly) was a 1989 Chevy Silverado that my grandpa gave me. my dream car...believe it or not....is a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Trent: 1992 Mustang GT 5.0 Convertible. Lamborghini Murcielago

Micah: First Car, '97 Geo Metro. yeah baby! Dream Car? Fully restored 1963 Right Side Drive Mini Cooper.

Israel: My first car was an 86' Honda Accord. My dream car is the Batmobile. Chicks dig it!
Sparkz4Christ

by Sparkz4Christ Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:15 pm

AndrewWelch wrote:QUESTION 23: First car you ever had/ what is your dream car if money wasnt a question?

Kevin: My first car ever was a blue 1986 Honda CRX. My dream car is a brand new corvette or the black convertible corvette from the movie Rush Hour

Israel: My first car was an 86' Honda Accord. My dream car is the Batmobile. Chicks dig it!

Kevin, nothing better than a black Corvette. Especially a convertible one :cool:

Israel, if you ever find one (or make one of your own) you have to put pics up! :mrgreen:
"The short answer is no. The long answer is NOOOOOOO!!!" - Strongbad
Even as a kitten Micah's pretty cute. - Andrew
Kevin Young
Bouncer

by Kevin Young Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:07 pm

I just checked my ipod because I was curious, and come to find out my most played song was not "Hosanna." My most played song was "Take It All" by Hillsong United. Second place was a tie between "None But Jesus" by Hillsong United and "Fiction" by Kids In The Way. I'm learning things about myself that I did not know.
AndrewWelch
Bouncer

by AndrewWelch Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:49 pm

QUESTION 24: Best/favorite movie of all time, and worst movie of all time?

Kevin: Well the best movie of all time is Star Wars, but since it actually happened a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..... I will say Braveheart. I am inspired every time I see that movie........ no matter what comes out of Mel's mouth when he's on the phone screaming and panting like he is standing on the EDGE OF DARKNESS. I mean come on guys, this is Mel Gibson we're talking about here. Give him a break. He is MAD MAX. We all saw the SIGNS. It's not like he doesn't know WHAT WOMEN WANT. It's just that his mouth is a LETHAL WEAPON. And if you actually have the chance to see PART 2, 3, and 4 then you will know that only the PASSION OF THE CHRIST will be able to stop the APOCALYPTO style damage that he inflicts with that thing. I mean he gave her a few million dollars for her music career so "in his mind" it was probably PAYBACK. As far as we know this is all some kind of CONSPIRACY THEORY cooked up by some PAPARAZZI to make Mel a man a MAN WITHOUT A FACE. He is a PATRIOT for crying out loud!!! They can't hold his career RANSOM forever! We are talking about a genuine MAVERICK who is not afraid to sit like A BIRD ON A WIRE just to watch a TEQUILA SUNRISE. He should've used the money instead to build THE MILLION DOLLAR HOTEL in my opinion. But alas.... it appears THE YEAR OF LIVING DANGEROUSLY has Mel living in a real-life HAMLET tragedy where not even AIR AMERICA is reminiscing about the days when WE WERE SOLDIERS. Oh well, our prayers are with you Mel. We hope you stay FOREVER YOUNG as we all watch your career sail out of sight down THE RIVER and BEYOND THUNDERDOME. Oh yeah, and the worst movie of all time is SOLARIS. I pray that God somehow gives me those 2 hours of my life back.

Andrew: the best movie of all time is A Goofy Movie...hands down. worst movie of all time? i don't know....probably something with Ben Affleck in it.

Trent: Boondock Saints, Spiderman 3.

Micah: Best, Fight Club. Worst, Hurt Locker.

Israel: Jurassic Park & the Rocketeer are tied for favorite. worst movie of all time is a tie between the Happening and Hurt Locker.
Return to From the Band