Special Messages from Disciple to the members.

Moderator: Bouncers

acts412

Re: Andrew's Christmas Wish List

by acts412 Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:13 am

IsraelB wrote:Matt from Superchick got me and Micah hooked on Settlers. So nerdy and since I embrace all that is nerdy, it's amazing.
~I

I think we are playing it correctly! The Almanac (rules) were a little intimidating at first, so it makes one question if they are doing it right!?

I think we are. Once we *got the hang of it* it seems fairly simple, but I would like to see someone else play so that I know for sure. There are three of us, and it generally takes about 2 1/2 -3 hours to complete a game.

what is scary, is the four times we have played I have won each time, therefore I REALLY question that..LOL!!!!!

Tonight we all kept rolling satanic sevens, so we had to *shank* the robber and try sending him to wander in the desert....just to be nice to each other. :roll:

So what do the expansion packs have to offer the game? In what aspect does it make it more challenging? How does it change the game?
If the godly give in to the wicked, it's like polluting a fountain or muddying a spring. Proverbs 25:26

Pray 4 our Troops

Conservatism In Exile.
Alpine or Oak

by Alpine or Oak Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:38 am

acts412 wrote:
IsraelB wrote:Matt from Superchick got me and Micah hooked on Settlers. So nerdy and since I embrace all that is nerdy, it's amazing.
~I

I think we are playing it correctly! The Almanac (rules) were a little intimidating at first, so it makes one question if they are doing it right!?

I think we are. Once we *got the hang of it* it seems fairly simple, but I would like to see someone else play so that I know for sure. There are three of us, and it generally takes about 2 1/2 -3 hours to complete a game.

what is scary, is the four times we have played I have won each time, therefore I REALLY question that..LOL!!!!!

Tonight we all kept rolling satanic sevens, so we had to *shank* the robber and try sending him to wander in the desert....just to be nice to each other. :roll:

So what do the expansion packs have to offer the game? In what aspect does it make it more challenging? How does it change the game?

Stupid robber!!! :evil: :x :twisted:. "...Shank..." :lol: :lol: :lol: Mom, Your too funny
Go ahead
Put a target on my forehead
You can fire
But you’ve got no bullet
I was yours
I’m not yours anymore
You don’t own me
Ravenhood

by Ravenhood Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:14 am

acts412 wrote:
~I

the expansions add new spaces and even "bad guys". the one i have played is a naval one and adds either pirates or vikings or something like that. and you get more use from ports that will let you travel using water or something like that. plus you also get to build citadels and other things as well. it basically just adds more confusion and rules. it is fun though.
CLICK IT!!
KleinesLicht

by KleinesLicht Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:25 pm

In former times I played it only with my mum, which makes it pretty fast and me winning most of the time.

The guys can play it for days!!! NO wonder they totally drove us crazy..they had all extensions and were unwilling to do anything else. (we were on vacations over new years in Norway on that time)....I don't know if I can ever play that game again...but I used to like it....
Polish Tom wrote:
VOTE!
VOTE!
VOTE!

I am totally in love with the Welch family!

T-Rent wrote: What's this twitter thing everyone keeps talking about? ;)
Ravenhood

by Ravenhood Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:38 pm

i think the shortest game i have ever played was 3 hours... its a very long game.
CLICK IT!!
IsraelB
Bouncer

by IsraelB Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:16 pm

I only have the travel edition and I don't think they have any expansions for that. It's tough cause the cards are SO tiny you need reading glasses. I haven't had a chance to play any of the expansions. One thing they need is an edition that has offensive moves, like invasions or sieges. But I guess that would make it more like Risk.
"luminous beings are we, not this crude matter"

Amin khiluva lle a' gurtha ar' thar
KleinesLicht

by KleinesLicht Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:51 pm

oh, we have them over here.

http://www.siedeln.de/spiele/magier_und_forscher.php
(it's in german, so maybe not too useful...but I don't know the travel set, maybe you don't need german in general...and normally every of our games is translated to english anyway)
Polish Tom wrote:
VOTE!
VOTE!
VOTE!

I am totally in love with the Welch family!

T-Rent wrote: What's this twitter thing everyone keeps talking about? ;)
KathyA

by KathyA Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:43 pm

Well, if you didn't get those wishes for Christmas... maybe you will today for your b-day!
I won't wear an ugly Christmas sweater though! hehe :lol:
"Do not let anyone treat you as if you are unimportant because you are young. Instead, be an example to the believers with your words, your actions, your love, your faith, and your pure life."
- 1 Timothy 4:12
Return to From the Band