Special Messages from Disciple to the members.

Moderator: Bouncers

disciple_chick_89

by disciple_chick_89 Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:11 pm

i'll miss you both. i cried for like a half hour after i read this, but i realized that you're doing what God wants you to do, and that's the best thing you can do. I LOVE YA'LL!!! God bless you with whatever your future holds. you'll be missed and you'll always be loved. and Disciple will remain my favorite band forever!!!! :mrgreen:
~*lAuReN*~

KEVIN ROCKS!!! Thankyou God for making Disciple!!!! =]
DayQuill

by DayQuill Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:52 pm

Brad - Love ya man, always have and always will. You will never know the impact you have had on my life and still do. Seeing you in pain after the shows always hurt me as well because even though you are my favorite guitarist and part of such an amazing band, to me I always saw something different. You cared and genuinely hung out with your fans and pushed through the pain as long as you could because you knew that what God was doing with you was and is far greater than you could imagine. Once I saw you as an amazing guitarist and somewhat of an icon, but you became someone I hold dear and call friend. I would hope you see it the same way (even though I can be annoying and unpredictable at times). You are a blessing and I hope to catch wind of your influence from here on out.
Ohh, and my brother and sister live in Nashville, so if it's alright with you (I wouldn't bug you otherwise), I'd love to swing by sometime in a few months and say hey. I'm glad you finally get a chance to settle and relax, you deserve it.

Joey - I know I haven't known you as long and we haven't really had a chance to get to really know each other (definitely hard when always touring plus a wife and a kid), but I remember when you first joined permanently that I was having a hard time......adjusting. Nonetheless you showed me and proved to me that you are an amazing player and you know how to put on one heck of a good show and to relax and have fun. You fit so well it scared me and I'm proud to have been there for all you have given us. As many others have put it - Words cannot express how I feel right now. Sad you are leaving, but happy that you aren't off the map. I look forward to seeing you in the future, whether you remember me or not, lol. Keep the music flowing!

Kevin/Tim - You continually amaze me. I've known for some time something like this was inevitable, but I could not be happier to know that you are continuing on. You go through so much and sacrifice so much to be on the road and touch people. From the moment I saw you live for the first time, Disciple became heroes to me.....role models really. I never really had a childhood hero (except Batman), but I know that when I first met you guys that instantaneously I felt God's presence. I know it might be hard to understand because I only get to see you every once in a while and that you are just men like me and the next guy - with problems and doubts and everything - but Elijah was a man just like us and look what God did with him! The difference is that night after night you put yourself out there and allow God to use you. That is what I admire - you make me want to be a better Christian. God has much more planned for you and I could not be happier with the guys you have picked up - (Staple may be gone, but their spirit never dies). :D

I love you all and I want to thank you for how you have affected my life. I look forward to seeing you again sometime,

Ethan
loudnhevy
Bouncer

by loudnhevy Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:23 am

Brad,

I miss those late-nights a few years back when a bunch of us used to "chat" online together.

I'll continue praying for you. While I'll miss seeing you perform on stage, I'm happy to know that you are moving forward in God's will. He will continue to bless you richly.
“A true spiritual awakening that endures is grounded deeply in well-thought-out Biblical truth. Only when revival roots sink deep into the Scriptures and draw their nourishment from God’s Word does revival last.”
Charles G Finney
Jess

by Jess Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:14 pm

i wanted to say thanks to Brad and Joey for being awesome Christlike friends and showing that it is important to follow God's Will number one. I will always pray for you guys through whatever God leads you both too. I love you both dearly and Brad thanks for all the Picks :mrgreen: I use the purple one at church and still didnt lose it :p . THanks for all your prayers and friendship as well. Im praying for the new season because i know its going to be awesome. God isnt done with Disciple yet obviously!!!!!! the new guys are awesome players and have a big heart for God and put them together with Kev and Tim we got the New Disciple Amen!
osu122975

by osu122975 Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:02 pm

I'm interested to see what the new Disciple will sound like. Two guitars makes for a lot of options. Southern Rock to Rock....woo hoo!! But..........

I will really miss Brad. It won't be the same.
NAOMI

Re: Alliance e-mail and Joey's and Brad's Official Statements

by NAOMI Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:16 pm

I'm not really sure what to say. So I will keep it short and sweet, ever since I met you guys, my life has never been the same, I am so thankful for all of you and the roles you play in God's will for my life! I love you all and I will stand behind you where ever God leads. You know you are all more than a band to me, you are family and I am thankful for that. Love u guys!
cheryl

by cheryl Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:08 pm

It is sad to see you go Brad and Joey, but I'm sure your wives are glad to have you home with them. May God bless your marriages, and Brad may He bless you with many babies.
jett

by jett Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:51 pm

it been a while since i been on the board and kept up with the band. but you all have been on my heart. thanks for the memories guys. brad thanks for teaching me some stuff on the guitar. i have recently pick it up again.
loves
JZ
Rob Jones

by Rob Jones Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:05 am

Hiya Jett!!!

Great to see ya wandering through - stay awhile. :-)
disciple_chick_89

by disciple_chick_89 Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:56 pm

hey rob, what band is joey in now? just curious... :mrgreen:
~*lAuReN*~

Polish Tom
Administrator

by Polish Tom Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:03 pm

He's not. At least, not in one as of a couple of months ago. Someone else may have an update.
"In paradise remember me. Romance me. Ransom me." - Disciple

"...the Lord has told you what is good, & this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, & to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8
disciple_chick_89

by disciple_chick_89 Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:06 pm

oh i thought he was going to be in another band...
~*lAuReN*~

Polish Tom
Administrator

by Polish Tom Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:18 pm

disciple_chick_89 wrote:oh i thought he was going to be in another band...

We'll see. He was/is in another band, but there haven't been any updates in a while.

"...the Lord has told you what is good, & this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, & to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8
disciple_chick_89

by disciple_chick_89 Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:22 pm

oh, you don't know which one it is?
~*lAuReN*~

Polish Tom
Administrator

by Polish Tom Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:26 pm

Radio Deadspace is the name of the band. Like I said, there just hasn't been any news form them in a while.

disciple_chick_89

by disciple_chick_89 Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:30 pm

oh...what genre are they?
~*lAuReN*~

Polish Tom
Administrator

by Polish Tom Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:40 pm

Not sure... you can find them on myspace.
http://www.myspace.com/radiodeadspace

disciple_chick_89

by disciple_chick_89 Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:46 pm

okay i'll check em out.
~*lAuReN*~

crazy4disciple

by crazy4disciple Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:38 am

i know this is old .. but Joey and Brad.. seriusly you guys i practicully like my brothers i grew up with you boys through goin to your concerts seeing you p[lay .. and ROCK OUT!!!!! But yes you b oth will be missed dearly love you both!!!!!

Cassi
disciplerocks

by disciplerocks Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:36 pm

I'm sorry I missed all the posts above.

Joey went back to his original band Radio Deadspace for awhile right after he left Disciple, taking the place of his brother in RDS. They are no more, but they're very much worth checking out! And they may be doing some recording for fun soon, but that's the extent of it.
Angela

"Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind....."

VOTE!
Return to From the Band